Author Topic: OrthodoxChristianity.net Treasury  (Read 667 times)

Offline IXOYE

• Site Supporter
  • OC.net guru
OrthodoxChristianity.net Treasury
« on: September 17, 2012, 02:46:19 PM »
I have checked the Treasury for OrthodoxChristianity.net on and off over several months including during Great and All Holy Lent.  I know we have many members here on the site...but usually an empty treasury save a few members...if most members gave a dollar or two, here or there, it would help defray the cost to keep the site up. 

From what I do know it costs $ 40.00 per month to keep the site up and when we do donate, Paypal takes a cut.

Maybe we all just need a reminder...

Offline serb1389

• Lord, remember me when you come into your Kingdom!
  • Global Moderator
  • Merarches
  • MichaƂ Kalina's biggest fan
Re: OrthodoxChristianity.net Treasury
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2012, 11:58:09 PM »
I agree.  I volunteer the next opportunity
I got nothing.
I forgot the maps
March 27th and May 30th 2010 were my Ordination dates, please forgive everything before that

Offline Deborah

• Never look back
  • Faith: Orthodox Christian
  • Jurisdiction: Antiochian
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2012, 01:49:16 AM »
Wow.  I didn't know about the site running costs, let alone that amount per month! :o  Thanks for pointing out the treasury IXOYE, didn't know about that either! :-\  

Perhaps it is time for a reminder and a short fundraising drive, with a thread stickied in each section?  Just a thought...
« Last Edit: September 18, 2012, 01:50:15 AM by Deborah »
Live in South/East Auckland, Franklin or North Waikato regions of New Zealand? Interested in Orthodoxy? Need transport to an Orthodox Church? Want to meet others? Please send me a PM :)

"You have made us for yourself, Lord; and our hearts are restless until they rest in You" - St. Augustine (my patron saint)

Offline IXOYE

• Site Supporter
  • OC.net guru
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2012, 01:40:52 PM »
Perhaps it is time for a reminder and a short fundraising drive, with a thread stickied in each section?  Just a thought...

Great idea Deborah!