OrthodoxChristianity.net
July 28, 2014, 11:22:38 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Does it feel different to be officially Orthodox?  (Read 411 times) Average Rating: 0
Anastasia1
My warrior name is Beyoncé Pad Thai
OC.net guru

Faith: Oriental Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Occasionally traveling, Armenian.

« on: September 15, 2012, 09:58:20 PM »

Did you feel different after you were received into the Orthodox church?

Behold, now is the accepted time; behold, now is the day of salvation. (2 Cor 2:6)
NicholasMyra
Taxiarches

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Antiochian/Greek

Avowed denominationalist

« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2012, 10:23:20 PM »

Being able to Eucharist makes a big difference.

Quote from: Orthonorm
if Christ does and says x. And someone else does and says not x and you are ever in doubt, follow Christ.

"You are philosophical innovators. As for me, I follow the Fathers." -Every heresiarch ever
Alpo
Taxiarches

Faith: Orthodox. With some feta, please.

« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2012, 10:23:45 PM »

Yes. After that I had a place where I belonged to. Religiously speaking I never had one before chrismation and eucharist.
Kerdy
Moderated
Taxiarches

« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2012, 11:12:04 PM »

I felt very different, but not sure how to describe it.
Dominika
Serbian/Polish
High Elder

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Orthodox Church of Poland

St. Luke, pray for us!

« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2012, 07:54:03 AM »

Before the chrismation in the Orthodox Church I had been "Unofficial Orthodox" (as I used to call myself)more or less 5 years. I'd been fasting and attending Liturgies and services, some Orthodox meetings, pilgramages, etc. However,  after being received into Orthodoxy, I feel absolutely different, because, obviously, Orthodox is not only attending services and observing some rules I couldn't even image how big would be the difference.

First of all, the participation in the Holy Mysteries, especially Eucharist. That I'm truly a part of the Mystical Body of Christ - the Holy and Apostolic Church. Without heresies, changes in the ancient Christian faith. I also feel true member of parish, of the community. I have more spiritual talks with my priest. I can develop myself in the way I couldn't before the chrismation (there was important not only the fact of receiving into the Church, but also the chrismation itself - the gifts of the Holy Spirit).

Pray for persecuted Christians, especially in Serbian Kosovo and Raška, Egypt and Syria
Knee V

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: OCA

« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2012, 11:08:03 AM »

My life has changed in the past seven years in ways that I don't think ever would have happened had I not been Orthodox, but I can't say that I felt any different after my chrismation.
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: