OrthodoxChristianity.net
July 24, 2014, 11:44:16 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Does it feel different to be officially Orthodox?  (Read 406 times) Average Rating: 0
Anastasia1
My warrior name is Beyoncé Pad Thai
OC.net guru

Faith: Oriental Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Occasionally traveling, Armenian.

« on: September 15, 2012, 09:58:20 PM »

Did you feel different after you were received into the Orthodox church?

Behold, now is the accepted time; behold, now is the day of salvation. (2 Cor 2:6)
NicholasMyra
Taxiarches

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Antiochian/Greek

Avowed denominationalist

« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2012, 10:23:20 PM »

Being able to Eucharist makes a big difference.

Quote from: Orthonorm
if Christ does and says x. And someone else does and says not x and you are ever in doubt, follow Christ.

"Simply put, if you’re not willing to take what is dearest to you, whether plans or people, and kiss it goodbye, you can’t be my disciple."
Alpo
Taxiarches

Faith: Orthodox. With some feta, please.

« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2012, 10:23:45 PM »

Yes. After that I had a place where I belonged to. Religiously speaking I never had one before chrismation and eucharist.
Kerdy
Moderated
Taxiarches

« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2012, 11:12:04 PM »

I felt very different, but not sure how to describe it.
Dominika
Serbian/Polish
High Elder

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Orthodox Church of Poland

St. Luke, pray for us!

« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2012, 07:54:03 AM »

Before the chrismation in the Orthodox Church I had been "Unofficial Orthodox" (as I used to call myself)more or less 5 years. I'd been fasting and attending Liturgies and services, some Orthodox meetings, pilgramages, etc. However,  after being received into Orthodoxy, I feel absolutely different, because, obviously, Orthodox is not only attending services and observing some rules I couldn't even image how big would be the difference.

First of all, the participation in the Holy Mysteries, especially Eucharist. That I'm truly a part of the Mystical Body of Christ - the Holy and Apostolic Church. Without heresies, changes in the ancient Christian faith. I also feel true member of parish, of the community. I have more spiritual talks with my priest. I can develop myself in the way I couldn't before the chrismation (there was important not only the fact of receiving into the Church, but also the chrismation itself - the gifts of the Holy Spirit).

Pray for persecuted Christians, especially in Serbian Kosovo and Raška, Egypt and Syria
Knee V

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: OCA

« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2012, 11:08:03 AM »

My life has changed in the past seven years in ways that I don't think ever would have happened had I not been Orthodox, but I can't say that I felt any different after my chrismation.
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: