OrthodoxChristianity.net
September 20, 2014, 07:59:17 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Video of the Day  (Read 57848 times) Average Rating: 0
Porter ODoran
Erst Amish Appalachian
Archon

Faith: Catechumen
Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Archdiocese

Lord have mercy. Lord have mercy. Lord have mercy.

« Reply #1440 on: September 13, 2014, 01:44:28 AM »

I drop a single tear thinking of the sonic boom of a fall to earth that will be your entry into marriage.

In love did God create the world; in love does he guide it ...; in love is he going wondrously to transform it. --Abba Isaac

Love ... is an abyss of illumination, a mountain of fire ... . It is the condition of angels, the progress of eternity. --Climacus
Mor Ephrem
"Mor is right, you are wrong."
Section Moderator
Hoplitarches

The Pope Emeritus reading OCNet

« Reply #1441 on: September 13, 2014, 01:52:25 AM »

Cumin is good, and by the way Indian women always know to put cumin on their curry.

On?!  What is it, parmesan cheese?  Be quiet.

http://cdn.theguardian.tv/brightcove/poster/2012/1/10/120110IndianCooking2_5677264.jpg

Bon appétit, monsieur! J'adore votre soeur! Elle est très belle!

I don't have a sister, but if I did, you would not be her type.
Could I be your fictional sister's type? I have this intuition that we would hit it off really well if she existed.

Depends.  Will your wife acknowledge me as her fictional brother?  Smiley
Totally. The two of you look very similar anyways.  Tongue

Don't insult Mor. It's his job to insult me. But my angel in the avatar sure is hot. Seriously the reason I mention women so often is I am a poet. I adore beauty, in particularly the female kind. In fact I feel like I was born in the wrong age. I still write sonnets and poems old school. They don't always rhyme--that's optional--but they follow some sort of rule generally. The sound of words spoken by the human voice must follow rules just like music although it can be played with. I even have a lady, like Dante, I have spoken of only in greetings, a Beatrice. I have not seen her in five years. She exists only in my memory. It's Platonic and without lust. Karlie Kloss on the other hand, well, only art can purity lust because poetry should generally lack lust, except when it portrays characters. Art on one level should be above lust, and yet because it is human, is should contain what is human. Thus does Chaucer give us a bawdy Wife of Bath and Shakespeare both the innuendo and the lady beyond reproach, who in the Platonic mind is above lust. This sort of thought has left us once we got rid of teaching the liberal arts. Dante writes of his lusts and even had a suggestive little poem about he an a couple friends in a boat with some ladies. He writes of how he lusted and Beatrice purified his lust by her goodness, representing Christ and all that is good and beautiful. That is why we see heaven and hell. so much nonsense gets put out today. Seriously here is a great video to watch if you have time:

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x1euvbw_bbc-why-beauty-matters-full-version-bbc-roger-scruton_tech

What on earth are you blathering on about?

Apolytikion, Tone 1, by Antonis

An eloquent crafter of divine posts
And an inheritor of the line of the Baptist
A righteous son of India
And a new apostle to the internet
O Holy Mor Ephrem,
Intercede for us, that our forum may be saved.

"Mor is a jerk." - kelly
Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

« Reply #1442 on: September 13, 2014, 01:21:40 PM »

Barnacle Bill by Betty Boop

The crazy stuff they let young people watch these days!

"No man gives the same exegesis twice: for he is not the same man, and it is not the same text." - St. Heraclitus
wainscottbl
By the grace of God, King of the South, Grand Duke of Louisville, Bardstown, Lexington and all the Kentuckys, Prince of Alaska, East Ukraine, Crimea and Wallachia
Warned
OC.net guru

Faith: One, Holy, Catholic and Apostolic Church
Jurisdiction: Somewhere between Rome and Constantinople (Roman Catholic investigating Eastern Orthodoxy)

How's this avatar, Mor? An angel! Profane not!

« Reply #1443 on: September 13, 2014, 04:08:25 PM »

Yeah, like Spongebob. He needs to die a slow death. But watching the link I realise this is rather more suggestive than one might expect for the "good old days".

Aristotle says in the Metaphysics that "in mathematics goodness does not exist." It is a rather great quote to show to any math teacher when they tell you how important math is. Give them a riddle: I am not tall, I am not short, nor big nor take up any space but simply am. I have no name but I am.
TheTrisagion
Armed Feline rider of Flaming Unicorns
Merarches

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Antiochian

« Reply #1444 on: September 13, 2014, 09:02:12 PM »

Cumin is good, and by the way Indian women always know to put cumin on their curry.

http://cdn.theguardian.tv/brightcove/poster/2012/1/10/120110IndianCooking2_5677264.jpg

Could I be your fictional sister's type? I have this intuition that we would hit it off really well if she existed.

Don't insult Mor. It's his job to insult me. But my angel in the avatar sure is hot. Seriously the reason I mention women so often is I am a poet. I adore beauty, in particularly the female kind. In fact I feel like I was born in the wrong age. I still write sonnets and poems old school. They don't always rhyme--that's optional--but they follow some sort of rule generally. The sound of words spoken by the human voice must follow rules just like music although it can be played with. I even have a lady, like Dante, I have spoken of only in greetings, a Beatrice. I have not seen her in five years. She exists only in my memory. It's Platonic and without lust. Karlie Kloss on the other hand, well, only art can purity lust because poetry should generally lack lust, except when it portrays characters. Art on one level should be above lust, and yet because it is human, is should contain what is human. Thus does Chaucer give us a bawdy Wife of Bath and Shakespeare both the innuendo and the lady beyond reproach, who in the Platonic mind is above lust. This sort of thought has left us once we got rid of teaching the liberal arts. Dante writes of his lusts and even had a suggestive little poem about he an a couple friends in a boat with some ladies. He writes of how he lusted and Beatrice purified his lust by her goodness, representing Christ and all that is good and beautiful. That is why we see heaven and hell. so much nonsense gets put out today. Seriously here is a great video to watch if you have time:

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x1euvbw_bbc-why-beauty-matters-full-version-bbc-roger-scruton_tech
tl;dr

Have you considered the possibility that your face is an ad hominem?
Somebody just went all Jack Chick up in here.
Antonis
"The Most Honourable The Morquess of Something"
OC.net guru

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Metropolis of San Francisco Outside of San Francisco

You must try this Balkan blend, Barsanuphius.

« Reply #1445 on: September 13, 2014, 09:28:46 PM »

There is an abundance of quality Catholic and non-Chalcedonian liturgical videos on Youtube. We, however, tend to make a poorer show for some reason. Tongue I get excited when I see good videos.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y2zRSU_PUW8

As I dissipate, Christ precipitates.
wainscottbl
By the grace of God, King of the South, Grand Duke of Louisville, Bardstown, Lexington and all the Kentuckys, Prince of Alaska, East Ukraine, Crimea and Wallachia
Warned
OC.net guru

Jurisdiction: Somewhere between Rome and Constantinople (Roman Catholic investigating Eastern Orthodoxy)

« Reply #1446 on: September 13, 2014, 09:51:34 PM »

tl;dr

tl; dr

What's that? Some sort of Masonic code?

Seriously though? Typo?

92-fjut932e, brother, 666 999 rrr
« Last Edit: September 13, 2014, 09:51:58 PM by wainscottbl » Logged

Aristotle says in the Metaphysics that "in mathematics goodness does not exist." It is a rather great quote to show to any math teacher when they tell you how important math is. Give them a riddle: I am not tall, I am not short, nor big nor take up any space but simply am. I have no name but I am.
TheTrisagion
Armed Feline rider of Flaming Unicorns
Merarches

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Antiochian

« Reply #1447 on: September 13, 2014, 09:53:46 PM »

lol, it means too long; didn't read.  Tongue

Have you considered the possibility that your face is an ad hominem?
Somebody just went all Jack Chick up in here.
wainscottbl
Warned
OC.net guru

« Reply #1448 on: September 16, 2014, 02:32:19 PM »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QrAlmZ3N0MM

VOTE NO, SCOTLAND! RULE BRITANNIA! UNITED FOREVER! GLORY TO THE MOTHERLAND AND THE ENGLISH SPEAKING PEOPLES! GOD SAVE THE QUEEN, BY THE GRACE OF GOD QUEEN OF ENGLAND, SCOTLAND, WALES, NORTHERN IRELAND AND ALL THE COMMONWEALTH!

biro
Excelsior
Site Supporter
Toumarches

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox

Και κλήρονομον δείξον με, ζωής της αιωνίου

fleem
« Reply #1449 on: Yesterday at 10:25:19 PM »

http://youtu.be/NGHk40IVRf0

Tiny puppies figure out how to do stuff. Hooray!

Charlie Rose: If you could change one thing about the world, what would it be?

Fran Lebowitz: Everything. There is not one thing with which I am satisfied.

http://spcasuncoast.org/
wainscottbl
Warned
OC.net guru

« Reply #1450 on: Yesterday at 10:43:48 PM »

Makes me want to watch on of the Beethoven movies. Have the first and second on DVR

Tags:
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: