OrthodoxChristianity.net
December 22, 2014, 03:23:06 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Polish Governmental Officials Reveal Disturbing Details About An American Icon!  (Read 443 times) Average Rating: 0
Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

« on: November 21, 2014, 06:14:16 PM »

Town Reportedly Nixes Winnie the Pooh Mascot Over 'Dubious Sexuality'

BREAKING: Winnie the Pooh is a hermaphrodite, exposes himself in public, and has no business being around children.

Officials in the Polish town of Tuszyn (around 87 miles southwest of Warsaw) were deciding on a mascot for its town playground, when the classic children's character was suggested as a candidate. They decided to rule Winnie out, because he's an "inappropriately dressed" bear of "dubious sexuality."...

Large Marge sent me...
Agabus
The user formerly known as Agabus.
Archon

Faith: Pan-American Colloquial Convert Hybrid Orthodoxy.
Jurisdiction: We are all uncanonical now.

« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2014, 06:17:09 PM »

BREAKING: Winnie the Pooh is a hermaphrodite, exposes himself in public, and has no business being around children.

Officials in the Polish town of Tuszyn (around 87 miles southwest of Warsaw) were deciding on a mascot for its town playground, when the classic children's character was suggested as a candidate. They decided to rule Winnie out, because he's an "inappropriately dressed" bear of "dubious sexuality."...

Edward Bear was English.

Blessed Nazarius practiced the ascetic life. His clothes were tattered. He wore his shoes without removing them for six years.

THE OPINIONS HERE MAY NOT REFLECT THE ACTUAL OR PERCEIVED ORTHODOX CHURCH
Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2014, 06:18:43 PM »

English people don't have fun. Therefore Pooh is American.  angel

Large Marge sent me...
LenInSebastopol
Dimly Illumined
Elder

Faith: Baptized, March 9, 2014
Jurisdiction: OCA

« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2014, 06:36:22 PM »

English people don't have fun.  angel

The above is true.
The Beatles were propaganda to try and fool us that the English are nice and fun loving.

Mark 14:36
God is with us, understand O' ye nations, and submit yourselves, for God is with us
eddybear

Faith: Anglican, officially anyway
Jurisdiction: Diocese of Exeter, UK

« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2014, 06:43:10 PM »

Ahem! You poor non-English folk have obviously never experienced the thrilling fun of a 5-day cricket test match, ending in a scintillating draw!
Agabus
Archon

« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2014, 07:30:22 PM »

English people don't have fun. Therefore Pooh is American.  angel
Pooh is not a people.

He is a bear.

Blessed Nazarius practiced the ascetic life. His clothes were tattered. He wore his shoes without removing them for six years.

Minnesotan
Warned
High Elder

Faith: Raised evangelical, inquiring into Orthodoxy
Jurisdiction: Not sure where I'll end up yet

From the Land of 10,000 Lakes

« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2014, 09:37:38 PM »

Wow, reminds me of the Turks banning the Pooh cartoons because Piglet is a pig.

Or Saudi Arabia banning Pokémon because some of the cards have six-pointed stars on them.
genesisone
Archon

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Antioch

« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2014, 10:14:45 PM »

Sorry, guys. Winnie the Pooh is Canadian. A.A.Milne who wrote the stories was English, but took the name from the original Winnie who visited London during WW1. The Americans turned him into a commercial enterprise.

Strangely, the Wikipedia article also states:
Winnie-the-Pooh is such a popular character in Poland that a Warsaw street is named for him, "Ulica Kubusia Puchatka."
rakovsky
Protokentarchos

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Orthodox Church in America

« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2014, 10:35:40 PM »

They assume that because his organs aren't showing that he has a gender problem?
LenInSebastopol
Dimly Illumined
Elder

Faith: Baptized, March 9, 2014

« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2014, 11:43:55 PM »

They assume that because his organs aren't showing that he has a gender problem?

I know gov't workers...it is their problem.

Mark 14:36
God is with us, understand O' ye nations, and submit yourselves, for God is with us
homedad76
Elder

Faith: Eastern Orthodox

« Reply #10 on: November 22, 2014, 12:52:47 AM »

Yeah I really don't get the hermaphrodite thing. If he were that he would have both sets not none.  Plus even if he was supposed to be a bear (which he isn't, he's a teddy bear) that animals genitalia is actually not easily visible normally.  But it is pretty much a cartoon law that for boys pants are optional because cartoons don't reproduce (at least not the ones we see, there are apparently a whole bevy of aunts and uncles off screen going at it like rabid bunnies).

"However hard I try, I find it impossible to construct anything greater than these three words, 'Love one another' —only to the end, and without exceptions: then all is justified and life is illumined, whereas otherwise it is an abomination and a burden."

—Mother Maria of Paris
Sinful Hypocrite
Everyday I am critical of others. Every day I make similar mistakes. Every day I am a hypocrite.
OC.net guru

Faith: Greek Orthodox
Jurisdiction: "The Orthodox Church" by Bishop Kallistos Ware: "We know where the Church is but we cannot be sure where it is not; and so we must refrain from passing judgment on non-Orthodox Christians."

Great googly moogly!

« Reply #11 on: November 22, 2014, 06:47:17 PM »

This is your second post about pooh today Justin, one more and you're banned.

The Lord gathers his sheep, I fear I am a goat. Lord have mercy.

"A Christian is someone who follows and worships a perfectly good God who revealed his true face through the life, death and resurrection of Jesus of Nazareth.“
Arachne
Trinary Unit || Resident Bossy Boots
Section Moderator
Protokentarchos

Faith: Greek *and* Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Antiochian Archdiocese of the British Isles and Ireland

Happy Holidays!

« Reply #12 on: November 22, 2014, 06:53:40 PM »

The only disturbing element there is the idea that toys (should) have any kind of 'sexuality'. Roll Eyes

'When you live your path all the time, you end up with both more path and more time.'~Venecia Rauls

Blog ~ Bookshelf ~ Jukebox
Minnesotan
Warned
High Elder

Faith: Raised evangelical, inquiring into Orthodoxy
Jurisdiction: Not sure where I'll end up yet

From the Land of 10,000 Lakes

« Reply #13 on: November 22, 2014, 06:57:28 PM »

Pat Robertson tried to have SpongeBob and Patrick banned, claiming they were a gay couple despite the fact that sponges are asexual.

And then of course there are the constant efforts to petition Sesame Workshop to let Bert and Ernie get married on TV.
homedad76
Elder

« Reply #14 on: November 22, 2014, 08:55:40 PM »

Pat Robertson tried to have SpongeBob and Patrick banned, claiming they were a gay couple despite the fact that sponges are asexual.

And then of course there are the constant efforts to petition Sesame Workshop to let Bert and Ernie get married on TV.

At least Bert and Ernie live together... Spongebob and Patrick live in different houses.  I think it was also Robertson who said one of the Teletubbies is gay.  First because of the symbol on his head (oh yeah cause 2 year olds totally get group-specific symbology) and then because the actor that played him was gay (yeah cause those same 2 year olds are all about looking up the actors on IMDB in their spare time). Dude seriously needs a hobby.

"However hard I try, I find it impossible to construct anything greater than these three words, 'Love one another' —only to the end, and without exceptions: then all is justified and life is illumined, whereas otherwise it is an abomination and a burden."

—Mother Maria of Paris
Agabus
Archon

« Reply #15 on: November 22, 2014, 09:48:46 PM »

Sorry, guys. Winnie the Pooh is Canadian. A.A.Milne who wrote the stories was English, but took the name from the original Winnie who visited London during WW1. The Americans turned him into a commercial enterprise.

Strangely, the Wikipedia article also states:
Winnie-the-Pooh is such a popular character in Poland that a Warsaw street is named for him, "Ulica Kubusia Puchatka."

Canadians are just English people LARP-ing being Americans. So close, yet so far.

Agia Marina
Site Supporter
Elder

Jurisdiction: OCA, Bulgarian Diocese

St. Marina of Antioch

« Reply #16 on: November 23, 2014, 01:59:35 AM »

At least Bert and Ernie live together... Spongebob and Patrick live in different houses.  I think it was also Robertson who said one of the Teletubbies is gay.  First because of the symbol on his head (oh yeah cause 2 year olds totally get group-specific symbology) and then because the actor that played him was gay (yeah cause those same 2 year olds are all about looking up the actors on IMDB in their spare time). Dude seriously needs a hobby.
I think it was Jerry Falwell.  Tinky Winky needed to be "outed"!  Roll Eyes   

“When I have a little money I buy books; and if any is left, I buy food and clothes.” - Erasmus

"God became man so that man might become a god." ~St. Athanasius the Great

Poster formerly known as EVOO.
hecma925
Non-clairvoyant
Taxiarches

Jurisdiction: OCA - Diocese of the South

Pray for me, a sinner.

« Reply #17 on: November 23, 2014, 02:02:11 AM »

I'm just glad Smoky the Bear wears pants.

Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

« Reply #18 on: November 23, 2014, 02:28:24 AM »

Large Marge sent me...
Tags: Poland Polish 
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: