OrthodoxChristianity.net
January 29, 2015, 06:33:32 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What video games are everyone playing lately?  (Read 38369 times) Average Rating: 0
Fabio Leite
Moderated
Protokentarchos

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Greek

Future belongs to God only.

« Reply #1170 on: January 13, 2015, 03:14:57 PM »

Elite: Dangerous is so freaking good......

That's what I picture when I think of Elite from MSX times...

Multiple Energies, Three Persons, Two Natures, One God.
Justin Kissel
Protospatharios

Jurisdiction: Fate

« Reply #1171 on: January 14, 2015, 08:53:33 PM »

OK, Justin. I just started Inquisition. Definitely want to romance Cassandra Shocked

I suck at combat, though. I almost died to the first boss fight. Gotta get my skills up and prove myself to my lady in battle...

How do you like it apart from the fighting? What platform are you using?
Justin Kissel
Protospatharios

Jurisdiction: Fate

« Reply #1172 on: January 14, 2015, 08:54:18 PM »

Dragon Warrior 2
Porter ODoran
Erst Amish Appalachian
Protokentarchos

Faith: Catechumen
Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America

and Scholiast Sciolist

« Reply #1173 on: January 14, 2015, 08:58:08 PM »

OK, Justin. I just started Inquisition. Definitely want to romance Cassandra Shocked

I suck at combat, though. I almost died to the first boss fight. Gotta get my skills up and prove myself to my lady in battle...

Something tells me she'd be the one "romancing" you.

In love did God create the world; in love does he guide it ...; in love is he going wondrously to transform it. --Abba Isaac

Love ... is an abyss of illumination, a mountain of fire ... . It is the condition of angels, the progress of eternity. --Climacus
lovesupreme
OC.net guru

This is where I choose to tread

« Reply #1174 on: January 14, 2015, 09:33:17 PM »

Something tells me she'd be the one "romancing" you.

I have let her know that I am a religious nutjob who believes in The Maker. She seemed to approve of that.

How do you like it apart from the fighting? What platform are you using?

Playing it on PC. The combat I feel I will enjoy, once I get it down a bit better. Everything else is great. Really great worldbuilding, but haven't seen a lot of action so far. I spent the last time just talking to everyone in the Haven and doing some simple fetch quests. Now I begin the Hinterlands.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2015, 09:34:39 PM by lovesupreme » Logged
ironchapman
A bull of truth in the china shop of falsehoods.
High Elder

Faith: Serious inquirer into Orthodoxy.

« Reply #1175 on: January 14, 2015, 11:31:18 PM »

I just got a Wii U yesterday. It came with NintendoLand and Super Mario 3D World pre-loaded on it, so I've been enjoying the latter. I'm getting Smash Bros for it tomorrow, hopefully. Also looking forward to getting Bayonetta 2, Super Luigi Bros, Super Mario Bros Wii U, and Captain Toad's Treasure Tracker.

Anyone want to connect? My ID is the same as my username here.

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." --Bertrand Russell
lovesupreme
OC.net guru

This is where I choose to tread

« Reply #1176 on: January 15, 2015, 02:23:40 AM »

I just got a Wii U yesterday. It came with NintendoLand and Super Mario 3D World pre-loaded on it, so I've been enjoying the latter. I'm getting Smash Bros for it tomorrow, hopefully. Also looking forward to getting Bayonetta 2, Super Luigi Bros, Super Mario Bros Wii U, and Captain Toad's Treasure Tracker.

Wii U is great. My ID is Rushshirt.
orthonorm
Warned
Hoplitarches

Faith: Sola Gratia
Jurisdiction: Outside

« Reply #1177 on: January 15, 2015, 09:10:46 PM »

Have you demoed bayonetta? I had hopes, but dodgy controls.

MHU4 is going to be a 3ds only release. Are you going to pick up the new xl? I would be interested in hooking up for that.

Ignorance is not a lack, but a passion.
orthonorm
Warned
Hoplitarches

« Reply #1178 on: January 15, 2015, 09:12:05 PM »

I think I am Normtendo in the wii world, gotta check.

orthonorm
Warned
Hoplitarches

« Reply #1179 on: January 15, 2015, 09:14:41 PM »

Still Civ V! Almost 800 hours in.

I just wish Byzantium was good on the harder difficulties.  Oh well, there's still Ethiopia for me to Orthodox the world with.

Plus you can judaize it at the same time--it's a win-win!  angel

Nice!

ironchapman
A bull of truth in the china shop of falsehoods.
High Elder

Faith: Serious inquirer into Orthodoxy.

« Reply #1180 on: January 16, 2015, 06:16:25 AM »

I haven't demoed Bayonetta yet. Also, I looked up Normtendo and came up with a Julie.

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." --Bertrand Russell
BrethrenBoy

Faith: Anabaptist
Jurisdiction: The Church of the Brethren

« Reply #1181 on: January 16, 2015, 08:47:22 AM »

Mine is EarthboundNZelda. Shows what kind of games I usually play.

"To love another person is to see the face of God." - Les Misérables
orthonorm
Warned
Hoplitarches

« Reply #1182 on: January 16, 2015, 01:00:08 PM »

I haven't demoed Bayonetta yet. Also, I looked up Normtendo and came up with a Julie.

I've been outed!

orthonorm
Warned
Hoplitarches

« Reply #1183 on: January 17, 2015, 11:57:28 AM »

If anyone with a 3ds wants a MHU4 demo code, PM me. I have 4 or so to give away.

First impressions: unplayable. FPS varies wildly it seems.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2015, 11:57:47 AM by orthonorm » Logged

homedad76
Elder

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: OCA

« Reply #1184 on: January 17, 2015, 03:35:31 PM »

I got DA:Inquisition and loved it.  But had trouble getting immersed because I didn't know the lore.  So I went ahead and got the first two games and have started playing Origins. I also like how they let your decisions in the first two effect the world in third!

"However hard I try, I find it impossible to construct anything greater than these three words, 'Love one another' —only to the end, and without exceptions: then all is justified and life is illumined, whereas otherwise it is an abomination and a burden."

—Mother Maria of Paris
biro
Excelsior
Site Supporter
Warned
Hoplitarches

Jurisdiction: GOAA

fleem
« Reply #1185 on: January 17, 2015, 04:37:20 PM »

They're coming out with an updated edition of "Grim Fandango." It's a really neat adventure game from years ago, adjusted for present-day systems. I love the story. A guy named Manny goes to the land of the dead and has to solve a mystery. Can't wait to download it. I played the original, I'd love to play it again. Smiley

He will come again with glory to judge the living and the dead. His kingdom will have no end.
Tags: Fun games 
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: