Author Topic: St. Finnian of Clonard's service  (Read 98 times)

Offline RaphaCam

• Taxiarches
  • It is honourable to reveal the works of God
    • Em Espírito e em Verdade
  • Faith: Big-O Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: Exarchate of Gotham City
St. Finnian of Clonard's service
« on: February 23, 2018, 11:11:21 PM »
Not sure where else I could post it, but can anyone (probably Asteriktos or Alpha) help me find the full text for St. Finnian of Clonard’s service in the Latin rite? I’m doing extensive research on him. So far I have found excerpts only.

Catholic Encyclopedia, in the article on the Twelve Apostles of Ireland, as well as A literary history of Ireland by Douglas Hyde, both give two excerpts: "Trium virorum millium, sorte fit doctor humilis; verbi his fudit fluvium ut fons emanans rivulis." and "Regressus* in Clonardiam ad cathedram lecturae apponit* diligentiam ad studium scripturae."

* Hyde has, respectively, "reversus" and "opponit" while Catholic Encyclopedia has "regressus" and "apponit"

James Ussher, in his Britannicarum ecclesiarum antiquitates, gives the following text, which I presume to be incomplete, given Catholic Encyclopedia quotes something else: "Nativus de Lagenia qui sprevit nomen regium, hic sumpsit infra moenia legendi privilegium. Trium virorum millium, sorte fit doctor humilis; verbi his fudit fluvium ut fons emanans rivulis. En hic rexit in literis viae vicinus regiae; hic se jungebat superis, hic transfertur egregie."

Can anyone help me find the complete text, in any language? Thanky-thanks.  :angel:
« Last Edit: February 23, 2018, 11:17:04 PM by RaphaCam »
"May the Lord our God remember in His kingdom all Holy Catholic Apostolic Church, which heralds the Word of Truth and fearlessly offers and distributes the Holy Oblation despite human deficiencies and persecutions moved by the powers of this world, in all time and unto the ages of ages."

Anyhow when God was asked he said Eastern Orthodox is true Church and not Catholic Church. So come home and enjoy.

Offline RaphaCam

• Taxiarches
  • It is honourable to reveal the works of God
    • Em Espírito e em Verdade
  • Faith: Big-O Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: Exarchate of Gotham City
Re: St. Finnian of Clonard's service
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2018, 11:30:59 PM »
NVM, got it.
"May the Lord our God remember in His kingdom all Holy Catholic Apostolic Church, which heralds the Word of Truth and fearlessly offers and distributes the Holy Oblation despite human deficiencies and persecutions moved by the powers of this world, in all time and unto the ages of ages."

Anyhow when God was asked he said Eastern Orthodox is true Church and not Catholic Church. So come home and enjoy.