OrthodoxChristianity.net
August 29, 2014, 06:30:17 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Russian Christians Demand Apple Change 'Offensive' Logo to Cross  (Read 3823 times) Average Rating: 0
podkarpatska
Merarches

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: ACROD

SS Cyril and Methodius Church, Mercer, PA

« Reply #45 on: October 07, 2012, 08:11:48 AM »

I'm beginning to think someone around here has a sort of personal problem with the Russian Orthodox Church.

I don't have a problem with the Orthodox Church in general, but I do have a problem with people within the Church who are in positions of authority that behave in an unforgiving manner. This goes against the example of our Lord who forgave those who persecuted him. Also, contrast the behavior of the current ROC administration, and their reaction to the protest by the punk band, with the late Patriarch Pavle of Serbia who forgave the Muslim man who beat him so badly, he nearly died.  Now that was the behavior of a real Orthodox Christian leader.  As for the Apple logo controversy, I would be surprised if Kiril and his cronies were not behind it.

What are you talking about? This makes no sense. And what does it have to do with the Apple logo?

Read the article referenced in the original post by Michal Kalina. It is obvious that the Russian Parliament is trying to pass this blasphemy law, which might affect the Apple logo, to thank the ROC for its support of Putin. The punk band is mentioned in the 6th paragraph.

I read the article and it says nothing of the sort. It says *some believers* want this, not "the Russian Orthodox Church". These are called Weasel Words and should not be found in serious journalism.

Besides, the Christian Post is an evangelical website that probably is not a reliable source about the scary Catholic-like religion of the "former Soviet Union" anyway.

Lord knows, we here in America have 'some believers, including priests (and monks)' who believe all sorts of 'stuff' which most of us would agree would anger us if the Christian Post or Pat Robertson and his 700 Club (by now that is probably descriptive of his actual number of followers....) put say, the postings of Brother Nathaniel out there as being indicative of mainstream Orthodox thought and teaching. A BIG grain of salt is needed here....(and I am not one to blindly defend the Russians!)
mike
Stratopedarches

« Reply #46 on: October 07, 2012, 12:40:07 PM »

Interfax is not a reliable source either...

Byzantinism
no longer posting here
podkarpatska
Merarches

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: ACROD

SS Cyril and Methodius Church, Mercer, PA

« Reply #47 on: October 07, 2012, 04:41:14 PM »

Interfax is not a reliable source either...

Quite true...sort of like a blind man repeating another blind man's description of a painting!
Hiwot
Christ is Risen!
OC.net guru

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Ethiopian Orthodox Tewahedo Church

Job 19:25-27

« Reply #48 on: October 07, 2012, 04:48:24 PM »

Christians from Russia's Orthodox community are demanding that the country's Apple division remove the famous half-bitten apple logo from its products and replace it with a cross, because they find the apple image offensive to their beliefs.
Read more at http://www.christianpost.com/news/russian-christians-demand-apple-change-offensive-logo-to-cross-82711/#V6FBxu4HfY4ykyvU.99

No, not from The Onion Dome.

What would the name of this computer be?

iAM

My submission for the iAM logo...

hehehehe , thank you both! laugh laugh

To God be the Glory in all things! Amen!

Only pray for me, that God would give me both inward and outward strength, that I may not only speak, but truly will; and that I may not merely be called a Christian, but really be found to be one. St.Ignatius of Antioch.Epistle to the Romans.
Tags:
Pages: « 1 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: