OrthodoxChristianity.net
October 21, 2014, 04:23:48 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Forum Warning  (Read 889 times) Average Rating: 0
jerry

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: OCA (catechumen)

« on: September 10, 2012, 05:13:42 PM »

I've been given a warning for having my business web address on my forum signature and my signature was removed.  Let me refer you to your forum rules listed on this site as listed below.

* No Forum Plugging -- You shall not have banners in signatures to other forums, or advertise your other web forum on our forum, or private message others to solicit them to join your forum.  You may link to another forum or website in your signature (without comment),

If I was wrong it wasn't malicious.  You should be more specific in your rules.  I posted a link without comment as per your rules.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2012, 05:15:06 PM by jerry » Logged
Tallitot
Archon

Faith: Jewish
Jurisdiction: United Synagogue of Conservative Judaism

« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2012, 08:19:52 PM »

also from forum rules:
 " * Respect the mod/admin staff -- The moderators and administrative staff of oc.net keep this place running tidy.  While you don't have to agree with a particular decision they make, we ask that you at least respect it publicly.  Do not complain about forum moderation, or the specific official actions taken by the moderators, global moderators, or administrators, on the forum."

http://www.orthodoxchristianity.net/forum/index.php?action=rules

Proverbs 22:7
jerry

« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2012, 08:22:28 PM »

" * Respect the mod/admin staff -- The moderators and administrative staff of oc.net keep this place running tidy.  While you don't have to agree with a particular decision they make, we ask that you at least respect it publicly.  Do not complain about forum moderation, or the specific official actions taken by the moderators, global moderators, or administrators, on the forum."

It wasn't my intention to be disrespectful.  The purpose of the post was to understand what happened not to complain.  Just because I disagree or question a moderators decision doesn't mean I'm being disrespectful or complaining.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2012, 08:27:13 PM by jerry » Logged
Tallitot
Archon

Faith: Jewish
Jurisdiction: United Synagogue of Conservative Judaism

« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2012, 08:29:01 PM »

I didn't mean to imply that you were being disrespectful just pointing out that the rules state you should contact mod's privately to discuss an action they took. What I posted was a quote from the rules.

Proverbs 22:7
jerry

« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2012, 08:56:26 PM »

you should contact mod's privately to discuss an action they took.

At the time of the post I didn't know who the moderator was who posted me in warning, that's the reason for the post.
serb1389
Lord, remember me when you come into your Kingdom!
Global Moderator
Merarches

Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Metropolis of San Francisco

Michał Kalina's biggest fan

FrNPantic
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2012, 09:21:47 PM »

you should contact mod's privately to discuss an action they took.

At the time of the post I didn't know who the moderator was who posted me in warning, that's the reason for the post.

Some things to keep in mind:

1. There is an appeals system, clearly listed in the board news section. http://www.orthodoxchristianity.net/forum/index.php/topic,43810.0.html

2.  The rules tab is supplemented by the compiled rules thread, also in the board news section. http://www.orthodoxchristianity.net/forum/index.php/topic,13455.0.html

3.  There is even a Chain of Command thread in the board news section, post #18 which has all the moderators listed for all the boards.  http://www.orthodoxchristianity.net/forum/index.php/topic,12447.0.html#lastPost

I got nothing.
I forgot the maps
March 27th and May 30th 2010 were my Ordination dates, please forgive everything before that
jerry

« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2012, 09:29:04 PM »

1. There is an appeals system, clearly listed in the board news section. http://www.orthodoxchristianity.net/forum/index.php/topic,43810.0.html

2.  The rules tab is supplemented by the compiled rules thread, also in the board news section. http://www.orthodoxchristianity.net/forum/index.php/topic,13455.0.html

3.  There is even a Chain of Command thread in the board news section, post #18 which has all the moderators listed for all the boards.  http://www.orthodoxchristianity.net/forum/index.php/topic,12447.0.html#lastPost

Wow.  I guess I didn't think it would be so complicated to just get a quick answer.  No problem, I'll just remove the link from my business site to this forum as well.
serb1389
Global Moderator
Merarches

FrNPantic
« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2012, 10:11:04 PM »

Wow.  I guess I didn't think it would be so complicated to just get a quick answer.  No problem, I'll just remove the link from my business site to this forum as well.

If you want a quick answer you can Private Message Fr. George.

I got nothing.
I forgot the maps
March 27th and May 30th 2010 were my Ordination dates, please forgive everything before that
serb1389
Global Moderator
Merarches

FrNPantic
« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2012, 10:35:07 PM »

Fr George makes the decisions on whether or not you can advertise your sight. So make sure that is what you are asking him for

I got nothing.
I forgot the maps
jerry

« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2012, 07:37:34 AM »

I've sent two PM's to Fr. George and one to the moderator and nobody responds.  I didn't expect it to be such a big deal.  I thought I could have a quick conversation at it be over with.
arimethea
Getting too old for this
Section Moderator
Archon

Faith: Holy Catholic and Apostolic Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Patriarchate of Antioch

Does anyone really care what you think?

« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2012, 08:29:32 AM »

I've sent two PM's to Fr. George and one to the moderator and nobody responds.  I didn't expect it to be such a big deal.  I thought I could have a quick conversation at it be over with.

The moderators are a volunteer staff. Sometimes it take a little bit of time to get a response because everyone here has an outside job. Please refrain from commenting further on this in public and wait for a response from the moderator team. Your every action you have taken with this is consistent with the actions of a spammer. Be glad that you were not been banned from the site on day one.

Arimethea
Liturgy Section Moderator

Joseph
jerry

« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2012, 08:39:25 AM »

The moderators are a volunteer staff. Sometimes it take a little bit of time to get a response because everyone here has an outside job. Please refrain from commenting further on this in public and wait for a response from the moderator team. Your every action you have taken with this is consistent with the actions of a spammer. Be glad that you were not been banned from the site on day one.

Arimethea
Liturgy Section Moderator

I wasn't complaining about how long it is taking them to respond, just answering a question from a post.  As for being banned, don't worry about it.  Being treated like this isn't how I'd be treated by Jesus.  I'll learn more about Orthodoxy another way.  I won't be back
orthonorm
Warned
Hoplitarches

Faith: Sola Gratia
Jurisdiction: Outside

« Reply #12 on: September 11, 2012, 12:07:42 PM »

I won't be back

Over / under on when he logs in again and when he posts again?

Ignorance is not a lack, but a passion.
serb1389
Global Moderator
Merarches

FrNPantic
« Reply #13 on: September 11, 2012, 10:52:41 PM »

. Jerry, you have violated the rules of the forum, namely solicitation via your sig line.  This is an official warning. You must first receive permission from Fr. George, in order to comply with the rules on this subject. 

-Serb1389. General Fora Moderator

I got nothing.
I forgot the maps
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: