OrthodoxChristianity.net
November 28, 2014, 08:32:44 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: "Orthodox used to believe in the Immaculate Conception"  (Read 3346 times) Average Rating: 0
orthonorm
Warned
Hoplitarches

Faith: Sola Gratia
Jurisdiction: Outside

« Reply #45 on: December 08, 2012, 01:15:15 PM »

^^^Yeah I ain't real big on the Vincentian canon either... (though probably for somewhat different reasons)  Cool

Don't you have to start bathing in Old Spice?

Ignorance is not a lack, but a passion.
Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

that is not the teaching of...

« Reply #46 on: December 08, 2012, 01:21:44 PM »

^^^Yeah I ain't real big on the Vincentian canon either... (though probably for somewhat different reasons)  Cool

Don't you have to start bathing in Old Spice?

How did you know what brand my body wash was?  Huh

I don't leave my place till 4 though...

"I haven't done anything wrong, and I won't be hounded by you and your soulless minions of orthodoxy! I haven't broken any laws... except perhaps the laws of nature." - Dr. Elias Giger
William
Muted
Protokentarchos

« Reply #47 on: December 08, 2012, 02:41:32 PM »

What reasons?

Apart from moral conduct, all that man thinks himself able to do in order to become acceptable to God is mere superstition and religious folly. - Immanuel Kant
Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

that is not the teaching of...

« Reply #48 on: December 08, 2012, 02:49:36 PM »

I take a different path to get there, but I think 'norm summed up the most important fact: nothing has ever been believed "always, everywhere, and by all". Even St. Vincent admitted that, at least some of the time, this wouldn't work, and in his Commonitory he brought up objections and tried to navigate what to do when problems arose.

"I haven't done anything wrong, and I won't be hounded by you and your soulless minions of orthodoxy! I haven't broken any laws... except perhaps the laws of nature." - Dr. Elias Giger
William
Muted
Protokentarchos

« Reply #49 on: December 08, 2012, 04:36:10 PM »

I take a different path to get there, but I think 'norm summed up the most important fact: nothing has ever been believed "always, everywhere, and by all". Even St. Vincent admitted that, at least some of the time, this wouldn't work, and in his Commonitory he brought up objections and tried to navigate what to do when problems arose.

Except for the apostolic faith within the New Covenant.  police

Apart from moral conduct, all that man thinks himself able to do in order to become acceptable to God is mere superstition and religious folly. - Immanuel Kant
theistgal
Byzantine (Ruthenian) Catholic gadfly
Site Supporter
Archon

Faith: Follower of Jesus Christ
Jurisdiction: Byzantine Catholic

don't even go there!

« Reply #50 on: December 08, 2012, 07:47:48 PM »

Roman Catholics believe the Theotokos was born without son.

Well, so was I (and without daughter, too), but I don't think that makes me immaculate.

"Sometimes, you just gotta say, 'OK, I still have nine live, two-headed animals' and move on.'' (owner of Coney Island freak show, upon learning he'd been outbid on a 5-legged puppy)
LakaYaRabb

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Orthodox Church in America

« Reply #51 on: December 08, 2012, 08:39:50 PM »

Roman Catholics believe the Theotokos was born without son.

Well, so was I (and without daughter, too), but I don't think that makes me immaculate.

Please forgive me if I confused you. That is a typo. The word "son" in that sentence should be "sin".
theistgal
Byzantine (Ruthenian) Catholic gadfly
Site Supporter
Archon

Faith: Follower of Jesus Christ
Jurisdiction: Byzantine Catholic

don't even go there!

« Reply #52 on: December 08, 2012, 09:52:37 PM »

LakaYaRabb, I realize that, just couldn't resist a straight line like that! Cheesy

No offense was intended!

"Sometimes, you just gotta say, 'OK, I still have nine live, two-headed animals' and move on.'' (owner of Coney Island freak show, upon learning he'd been outbid on a 5-legged puppy)
LakaYaRabb

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Orthodox Church in America

« Reply #53 on: December 08, 2012, 11:03:50 PM »

Okay, good! Grin
Tags:
Pages: « 1 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: