Author Topic: Does it feel different to be officially Orthodox?  (Read 614 times)

Offline Anastasia1

• My warrior name is Beyoncé Pad Thai
  • OC.net guru
  • Faith: Oriental Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: Armenian
Does it feel different to be officially Orthodox?
« on: September 15, 2012, 09:58:20 PM »
Did you feel different after you were received into the Orthodox church?
Behold, now is the accepted time; behold, now is the day of salvation. (2 Cor 2:6)

Offline NicholasMyra

• Automated Kibitz Machine
  • Taxiarches
    • Hyperdox Herman
  • Faith: Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: Serious Injury List
Re: Does it feel different to be officially Orthodox?
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2012, 10:23:20 PM »
Being able to Eucharist makes a big difference.
According to clock time and calendar time the approval of threads may seem to be long delayed, but in sacred time it is always near at hand, always imminent.
Vote for a Ministry section on OC.net

Offline Alpo

• Lying Chalcedonian Liar
  • Merarches
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2012, 10:23:45 PM »
Yes. After that I had a place where I belonged to. Religiously speaking I never had one before chrismation and eucharist.
But the stranger that dwelleth with you shall be unto you as one born among you, and thou shalt love him as thyself; for ye were strangers in the land of Egypt: I am the LORD your God.
Leviticus 19:34

Offline Kerdy

• Taxiarches
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2012, 11:12:04 PM »
I felt very different, but not sure how to describe it.

Offline Dominika

• Troublesome Sheep
  • OC.net guru
  • Serbian/Polish
    • My youtube channel
  • Faith: Orthodox Christian
  • Jurisdiction: POC, but my heart belongs to Antioch
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2012, 07:54:03 AM »
Before the chrismation in the Orthodox Church I had been "Unofficial Orthodox" (as I used to call myself)more or less 5 years. I'd been fasting and attending Liturgies and services, some Orthodox meetings, pilgramages, etc. However,  after being received into Orthodoxy, I feel absolutely different, because, obviously, Orthodox is not only attending services and observing some rules I couldn't even image how big would be the difference.

First of all, the participation in the Holy Mysteries, especially Eucharist. That I'm truly a part of the Mystical Body of Christ - the Holy and Apostolic Church. Without heresies, changes in the ancient Christian faith. I also feel true member of parish, of the community. I have more spiritual talks with my priest. I can develop myself in the way I couldn't before the chrismation (there was important not only the fact of receiving into the Church, but also the chrismation itself - the gifts of the Holy Spirit).
Pray for persecuted Christians, especially in Serbian Kosovo and Raška, Egypt and Syria

Offline Knee V

« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2012, 11:08:03 AM »
My life has changed in the past seven years in ways that I don't think ever would have happened had I not been Orthodox, but I can't say that I felt any different after my chrismation.