OrthodoxChristianity.net
July 28, 2014, 09:14:16 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Kim now permanent global moderator  (Read 2688 times) Average Rating: 0
Anastasios
Webdespota
Administrator
Merarches

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Greek Old Calendarist

Metropolitan Chrysostomos of Florina

anastasios0513
« on: December 08, 2004, 02:53:37 PM »

Dear in Christ,

Phil, Bobby, and I have permanently appointed user "MsGuided" (Kim) to be a Global Moderator permanently.  Please join us in welcoming her!

Anastasios

Met. Demetrius's Enthronement

Disclaimer: Past posts reflect stages of my life before my baptism may not be accurate expositions of Orthodox teaching.

I served as an Orthodox priest from June 2008 to April 2013, before resigning for personal reasons
TomS
Banned
Archon

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: GOA

"Look At Me! Look At Me Now! " - Bono

« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2004, 03:52:59 PM »

OMG! A Girl moderator. What's next, a girl serving behind the HTML?

:0)
Ebor
Vanyar
Taxiarches

« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2004, 06:03:28 PM »

tut, tut, Tom.  Not a "girl"... an young woman.   Tongue

Welcome, Kim. Use your Powers for Good.  

Ebor

"I wish they would remember that the charge to Peter was "Feed my sheep", not "Try experiments on my rats", or even "Teach my performing dogs new tricks". - C. S. Lewis

The Katana of Reasoned Discussion

For some a world view is more like a neighborhood watch.
Donna Rose
High Elder

Faith: Eastern Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: OCA

« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2004, 07:09:09 PM »

woo hoo, yay kim! Smiley

hmmmm...
penelope
If I love the sea and all that is sealike, and love it most when it angrily contradicts me...

OC.net

« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2004, 08:38:00 PM »

Dear in Christ,

Phil, Bobby, and I have permanently appointed user "MsGuided" (Kim) to be a Global Moderator permanently.  Please join us in welcoming her!

Anastasios
Completely irrelevant question...does that mean that there are temporary moderators?

Let me love myself only if I love thee and do all things for thy sake.
Anastasios
Webdespota
Administrator
Merarches

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Greek Old Calendarist

Metropolitan Chrysostomos of Florina

anastasios0513
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2004, 08:50:41 PM »

In Kim's case, yes, she was a temporary moderator, due to a rough week that Phil, Bobby, and I had last month (all were busy with school).

Anastasios

Met. Demetrius's Enthronement

Disclaimer: Past posts reflect stages of my life before my baptism may not be accurate expositions of Orthodox teaching.

I served as an Orthodox priest from June 2008 to April 2013, before resigning for personal reasons
MsGuided
Pharmakolytria
Elder

St. Anastasia

« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2004, 09:01:05 PM »

And here I was figuring the cap'n was too busy or too lazy to take me off =P

At any rate, thanks again, and I will do my best to be kind and fair and use my powers for good =)  

I'm sure everyone here realises that I'm no expert on anything theological, so I'm not sure what I'll be able to contribute, but hey, if anyone's got a cold or a minor fungal infection or even a pharmaceutical calculation to figure out, then I'm your woman!
« Last Edit: December 08, 2004, 09:02:03 PM by MsGuided » Logged

"Forgive me that great love leads me to talking nonsense." Barsanuphius
Donna Rose
High Elder

« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2004, 09:36:18 PM »

but hey, if anyone's got a cold or a minor fungal infection or even a pharmaceutical calculation to figure out, then I'm your woman!

take this woman seriously! whenever i get sick and my symptoms get bad, i ask her what over the counter medicine to pick up to make me functional...she is quite resourceful Smiley
« Last Edit: December 08, 2004, 09:36:55 PM by Donna Rose » Logged

hmmmm...
TomS
Banned
Archon

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: GOA

"Look At Me! Look At Me Now! " - Bono

« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2004, 09:38:50 PM »

tut, tut, Tom.  Not a "girl"... an young woman.   Tongue

Welcome, Kim. Use your Powers for Good.  

Ebor

No, No No. When you are talking this stuff it is Girl or Boy. Man or Woman is dependant upon age.
CatholicEagle
Banned
Elder

HH St.Pius X, Pope of Rome, Ecumenical Pontiff

« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2004, 12:02:00 AM »

And here I was figuring the cap'n was too busy or too lazy to take me off =P

At any rate, thanks again, and I will do my best to be kind and fair and use my powers for good =)  

I'm sure everyone here realises that I'm no expert on anything theological, so I'm not sure what I'll be able to contribute, but hey, if anyone's got a cold or a minor fungal infection or even a pharmaceutical calculation to figure out, then I'm your woman!
Are you going to set up a forum or thread for people to ask you??? I have a request,but I am not sure what to do. help,please[it envolves the mouth and nose]
MsGuided
Pharmakolytria
Elder

St. Anastasia

« Reply #10 on: December 09, 2004, 12:13:08 AM »

Well if you really do have questions I can do my best to help, just shoot me a PM

ania
Life according to Abe Simpson:
OC.net guru

« Reply #11 on: December 09, 2004, 12:12:07 PM »

Here's one for you, Kim... what can I use on my neck & shoulder (major muscle pain) other than BenGay, as that stuff REEKS! I've been using it for the past 3 days, and while it helps the pain (I'll be seeing my chiropractor on Monday), it's also making socializing very difficult.  :-D

Now where were we? Oh yeah - the important thing was I had an onion on my belt, which was the style at the time. They didn’t have white onions because of the war. The only thing you could get was those big yellow ones...
MsGuided
Pharmakolytria
Elder

St. Anastasia

« Reply #12 on: December 09, 2004, 12:54:41 PM »

Ania,

I usually go for the systemic stuff like tylenol, advil or aleve for any kinda pain, but my grandfather (who of course aches everywhere all the time) seems to swear by Sarna lotion, though it's more indicated for itching and swelling, it works kinda the same way as BenGay, I've gotta say I'm not sure how it smells tho!  I'll take a swing by CVS today and check out all the OTCs and do a little compare 'n contrast.

Donna Rose
High Elder

« Reply #13 on: December 09, 2004, 01:53:07 PM »

Ania,

I get very similar pain to yours, due to poor posture that I've been trying to correct for several years now...what I currently use is this ban-gay-like stuff called BIOFREEZE which is SO great, doesnt leave an oily reside (it dries fast) and has a faint scent of sorta minty-ness (the stuff is green gel) that goes away after about 3 minutes...only problem is, it isn't available over the counter Sad Sad Sad i have ONE tube of it that my FOOT doctor actually gave me from his office's stock, to help a foot injury repair faster so I could walk on it, but the tube was so big I've been using it for my back...I'm almost out though and I don't know what I will do at that point Sad

Which brings me to a question for Kim...

Kim, any ideas of how I can get this stuff? LOL I may hafta just go back to my foot doctor and tell him the stuff was great, can I buy some more?

btw, here's the site for the stuff: www.biofreeze.com

hmm, looking at the site, it seems that maybe it can be ordered straight from the company...I may look into it...

hmmmm...
MsGuided
Pharmakolytria
Elder

St. Anastasia

« Reply #14 on: December 09, 2004, 04:18:44 PM »

In school they tell us to be wary of cure-all type treatments that don't really mention things like ingredients, lol, but if it works, go for it.  Probably some natural herbal potion type stuff instead of the generic "menthol/camphor" pain reliever stuff.  I'd just call them.

Donna Rose
High Elder

« Reply #15 on: December 09, 2004, 06:50:33 PM »

In school they tell us to be wary of cure-all type treatments that don't really mention things like ingredients, lol, but if it works, go for it.  Probably some natural herbal potion type stuff instead of the generic "menthol/camphor" pain reliever stuff.  I'd just call them.

lol of course your school would disrecommend non-medical cures, herbal-type things, that sorta thing...that market takes business away from the drug market Wink im pretty sure BIOFREEZE has menthol in it tho...yep it does, it's 3.5% menthol and 0.2% camphor (whatever that is hehe) - those are listed as the active ingredients.

i have no clue why this stuff isnt available in drug stores. doctors give out (well, sell) samples of it tho (like my foot doctor did), so it's available to doctors for sure...when i run out, i plan to either try to get some more from my doctor or call up BIOFREEZE myself Smiley

hmmmm...
Mor Ephrem
"Mor is right, you are wrong."
Section Moderator
Hoplitarches

In solidarity with Iraqi and Syrian Nazarenes

« Reply #16 on: December 09, 2004, 06:55:57 PM »

lol of course your school would disrecommend non-medical cures, herbal-type things, that sorta thing...that market takes business away from the drug market Wink

True, but there's another side to it.  My mother's Indian, and thus very familiar with ayurvedic medicine.  Plenty of people in India use it.  Even though trained in India (she's a RN), thorougly Indian, etc., she is very suspicious of herbal medicine and the like.  She'll only swear by Western medicine.  There is value to ayurveda and other types of herbal medicines to an extent, but it can also be pretty useless.

Apolytikion, Tone 1, by Antonis

An eloquent crafter of divine posts
And an inheritor of the line of the Baptist
A righteous son of India
And a new apostle to the internet
O Holy Mor Ephrem,
Intercede for us, that our forum may be saved.

"Mor is a jerk." - kelly
MsGuided
Pharmakolytria
Elder

St. Anastasia

« Reply #17 on: December 09, 2004, 07:02:01 PM »

lol of course your school would disrecommend non-medical cures, herbal-type things, that sorta thing...that market takes business away from the drug market Wink im pretty sure BIOFREEZE has menthol in it tho...yep it does, it's 3.5% menthol and 0.2% camphor (whatever that is hehe) - those are listed as the active ingredients.

i have no clue why this stuff isnt available in drug stores. doctors give out (well, sell) samples of it tho (like my foot doctor did), so it's available to doctors for sure...when i run out, i plan to either try to get some more from my doctor or call up BIOFREEZE myself Smiley

See, if they would just SAY it's menthol and camphor, I wouldn't look strangely at it.  I think those companies just want things to look mystical and different and unique, to charm people into buying them.  If they have the same ingredients as other OTC's, then they wouldn't sell as much.  But really, keep going with that if you feel other things don't do the trick or have unwanted nastiness to them, ie. smell.  We have nothing against herbal meds, except for the fact that few people know anything about them, they're completely unregulated (by FDA for example), and just because they're "natural" doesn't mean they're safe.  You wouldn't believe the insane amount of medications that st. john's wort interacts with and the kind of side effect that can come about.

See, sometimes people in the medical field really DO try and help. =P

Donna Rose
High Elder

« Reply #18 on: December 09, 2004, 09:43:19 PM »

I think those companies just want things to look mystical and different and unique, to charm people into buying them.  If they have the same ingredients as other OTC's, then they wouldn't sell as much.

alas, i WISH they were trying to charm me into buying it, because that would imply that i COULD buy it...sigh. and the ingredients are on the tube, thats where i found them.

See, sometimes people in the medical field really DO try and help. =P

i dont deny this! Smiley i mean, YOU help me all the time when i need advice for OTC stuff...i just think this BIOFREEZE stuff is an interesting case because it seems like it should be sold OTC, based on ingredients and stuff - i mean, it's not largely different from ben-gay, except for the added perks of no smell and residue. it's odd to me that it isnt available in stores... :::narrows eyes in suspicion at tube of BIOFREEZE on desk:::

Wink

hmmmm...
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: