OrthodoxChristianity.net
December 21, 2014, 06:44:28 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Orthodox Exorcism and Judaisms view ?  (Read 534 times) Average Rating: 0
psalm110
Elder

Faith: Christianity
Jurisdiction: Orthodox

Orthodox Christian

« on: September 09, 2012, 03:32:47 AM »

How do the Jews feel about us Christian Orthodox exorcising demons with Jesus's Name ?. Since God has given authority to Jesus Christ over demons and Jesus has given authority to his disciples and whoever believes in him will have the Lords help towards people who are possessed. What is the Jewish view on that ? If Jesus was a false prophet we would not have power over the demons. What I find disturbing is that Jews do not believe in Jesus as the Christ(Messiah) nor do they believe in the Virgin Birth from Mary, yet the demons believe and tremble confessing the Panagia and Jesus as the Christ ,but then the demons try and twist it on us saying they do not love us, yet they are screaming burning when we pray to Jesus and ask for intercession from the Holy angels and saints, The demons absolutely hate us when we pray to them for help during an exorcism. I've seen Muslims come for help to Orthodox priests when Muslims themselves have had no success over the demons.

Jesus performed many healing miracles from the demon possessed yet the jewish religious leaders of that time still denied him Mark 3:20-30 "that he casts out satan with the help of satan" and he answered “How can Satan drive out Satan? If a kingdom is divided against itself, that kingdom cannot stand". Jesus is the True Holy Prophet and is the Christ, to this day our Holy Saints, Monks and Priests have power over satan and his demons because of there Faith and belief in Jesus Christ who lives. Yet once again Judaism still denies Jesus as the Christ, does it not raise the logical question followed by the logical answer that if Christians have authority over demons because Jesus Christ has given it to us believers, that Jesus is the Messiah and he lives?. Psalm 110:1 "A psalm of David. The LORD said to my Lord, "Sit in the place of honor at my right hand until I humble your enemies, making them a footstool under your feet.""

http://youtu.be/cEjUMmgEjaI
Here's a link of a Greek Orthodox Exorcism - The demon who speaks through a Lady the first 2 mins is offering the Priest to worship the demon and it will bring them anything they want, and it starts getting frustrated that the priest is ignoring its offer. Nearing the end of the audioclip around 6:45min mark the demon starts talking against Mary the Panagia how he wants to see her fall and to bring destruction to her, the demon then starts saying how it wanted to destroy her when she was young girl but he could not approach her cause she had within her the Lord she was unapproachable because of him, the demon reemphasizes how it wishes it could of approached her to destroy her but she had the "Little one within her". You can hear the priests prayers and when the demon becomes aggressive with its tone blaspheming against Mary, you can hear another lady possibly the girls mother crying in the background when hearing all this.

A question on the side:
What is the Orthodox view on exorcism in other religious such as Hindu, Buddhist and even Taboo rituals, religious which do not use the name Jesus Christ ?.
Gebre Menfes Kidus
"SERVANT of The HOLY SPIRIT"
Merarches

Faith: Ethiopian Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Orthodox Tewahedo / Non-Chalcedonian

"Lord Have Mercy on Me a Sinner!"

« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2012, 03:50:13 AM »

I don't think it matters how anyone feels about it. If a person needs an exorcism then they need an exorcism. And I think Orthodox exorcisms would not be only "in Jesus's name" but in the name of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit, One God, -amen-

I didn't watch the video. I'm not sure if it would be wise to do so.

"Let God arise and let His enemies be scattered!"

Selam

"There are two great tragedies: one is to live a life ruled by the passions, and the other is to live a passionless life."
Selam, +GMK+
orthonorm
Moderated
Hoplitarches

Faith: Sola Gratia
Jurisdiction: Outside

« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2012, 04:06:37 AM »

Since most Jews I've known are sane. They probably don't spend much time thinking about such nonsense.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2012, 04:07:11 AM by orthonorm » Logged

Ignorance is not a lack, but a passion.
psalm110
Elder

Faith: Christianity
Jurisdiction: Orthodox

Orthodox Christian

« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2012, 06:24:03 AM »

i'll reiterate my question, never said Jews need an exorcism. What is there view on on Christian Orthodox exorcisms ?.
Azul
Moderated
High Elder

Faith: Român Ortodox
Jurisdiction: Eastern Orthodox

« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2012, 07:44:00 AM »

it`s nonsense until it happens to u or to anyone close to u..

Every formula of every religion has in this age of reason, to submit to the acid test of reason and universal assent.
Mahatma Gandhi
JamesRottnek
Protokentarchos

Faith: Anglican
Jurisdiction: Episcopal Diocese of Arizona

I am Bibleman; putting 'the' back in the Ukraine

« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2012, 07:05:18 AM »

Since most Jews I've known are sane. They probably don't spend much time thinking about such nonsense.

This

I know a secret about a former Supreme Court Justice.  Can you guess what it is?

The greatest tragedy in the world is when a cigarette ends.

American Spirits - the eco-friendly cigarette.

Preston Robert Kinney (September 8th, 1997-August 14, 2011
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: