OrthodoxChristianity.net
October 31, 2014, 07:55:31 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Converting to Orthodoxy and some problems  (Read 2894 times) Average Rating: 0
Cyrillic
Merarches

Cyrillico est imperare orbi universo

« Reply #45 on: September 22, 2012, 08:48:25 AM »

Mmmh, I never received an answer to my email. I guess the priest doesn't check his mail very often. Any advice on what to do?

"And the Devil did grin, for his darling sin
is pride that apes humility."
-Samuel Coleridge
choy
Archon

« Reply #46 on: September 26, 2012, 07:58:06 PM »

Mmmh, I never received an answer to my email. I guess the priest doesn't check his mail very often. Any advice on what to do?

Call him up?  Visit him in the parish?
FormerReformer
Convertodox of the convertodox
Site Supporter
Archon

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: I'll take (e) for "all of the above"

« Reply #47 on: September 26, 2012, 08:29:54 PM »

Priests can be a little behind on the e-mails. If the parish has office hours posted on their website, call during that time and introduce yourself. If not, just show up for a service, and see if you can't squeeze a little talking time afterwards.

"Funny," said Lancelot, "how the people who can't pray say that prayers are not answered, however much the people who can pray say they are."  TH White

Oh, no: I've succumbed to Hyperdoxy!
Shiny
Site Supporter
Moderated
Toumarches

Faith: Groucho Marxist
Jurisdiction: Dahntahn Stoop Haus

Paint It Red

« Reply #48 on: September 26, 2012, 08:44:46 PM »

Sorry to hear you aren't getting a fast response, the priest I was seeing at a GOA parish was very fast in responding to me. But yeah call him if he's too busy during coffee hour on Sundays.

“There is your brother, naked, crying, and you stand there confused over the choice of an attractive floor covering.”

– St. Ambrose of Milan
Cyrillic
Merarches

Cyrillico est imperare orbi universo

« Reply #49 on: September 27, 2012, 09:59:17 AM »

Sorry to hear you aren't getting a fast response, the priest I was seeing at a GOA parish was very fast in responding to me. But yeah call him if he's too busy during coffee hour on Sundays.

I don't even know whether he speaks dutch. I might just go to the liturgy if that's what everyone is suggesting it to me.

"And the Devil did grin, for his darling sin
is pride that apes humility."
-Samuel Coleridge
Tags:
Pages: « 1 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: