OrthodoxChristianity.net
December 18, 2014, 06:41:59 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Liturgy Books for Children  (Read 1027 times) Average Rating: 0
monkvasyl
High Elder

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: UOC 0f USA

« on: December 08, 2004, 01:38:38 PM »

Glory to Jesus Christ!

I am in the process of putting together a liturgy book for children to use during the Divine Liturgy.  I want to be able to explain what is happening and a little of the why.  Can someone put me in the right direction for books that can help me put this together.  Also, would you recommend photos or line drawings.

The unworthy hierodeacon, Vasyl
MsGuided
Pharmakolytria
Elder

St. Anastasia

« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2004, 03:44:17 PM »

Next time I'm in the area I can check out the books that are in the classrooms at Holy Trinity Church in Yonkers.  They seemed to have a lot of childrens books, maybe I can find one about the liturgy and tell you how it's done up.

Kim

"Forgive me that great love leads me to talking nonsense." Barsanuphius
prodromos
OC.net guru

Faith: Orthodox

Sydney, Australia

« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2004, 03:42:14 AM »

There is a children's book in Greek called "Avrio einai Kyriaki" (Tomorrow is Sunday) which leads children through the preparation prior to Divine Liturgy like the baking of the prosphora etc. I can't remember if it also continues through the Divine Liturgy or not, I'll have a look tonight.

John.
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: