OrthodoxChristianity.net
July 24, 2014, 07:16:11 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Poll
Question: Do you consider yourself a traveller who has reached to the destination of his spiritual journey?
Yes. - 1 (12.5%)
No. - 7 (87.5%)
Total Voters: 8

Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Traveller who has completed his journey  (Read 164 times) Average Rating: 0
Garuda
Moderated

« on: November 07, 2013, 12:06:39 PM »

Do you consider yourself to be a traveller who has completed his spiritual journey? What is the end of your spiritual quest and why? Is it Orthodoxy or something else?
Sinful Hypocrite
Everyday I am critical of others. Every day I make similar mistakes. Every day I am a hypocrite.
OC.net guru

Faith: Greek Orthodox
Jurisdiction: "The Orthodox Church" by Bishop Kallistos Ware: "We know where the Church is but we cannot be sure where it is not; and so we must refrain from passing judgment on non-Orthodox Christians."

Great googly moogly!

« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2013, 06:29:44 PM »

Life to salvation is described as a task that is not done until we reach the finish of life in this world.

Acts 20:24 ►

However, I consider my life worth nothing to me; my only aim is to finish the race and complete the task the Lord Jesus has given me--the task of testifying to the good news of God's grace.

2 Timothy 4 ►

6For I am already being poured out like a drink offering, and the time for my departure is near. 7I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith. 8Now there is in store for me the crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous Judge, will award to me on that day—and not only to me, but also to all who have longed for his appearing.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2013, 06:33:58 PM by Sinful Hypocrite » Logged

The Lord gathers his sheep, I fear I am a goat. Lord have mercy.

"A Christian is someone who follows and worships a perfectly good God who revealed his true face through the life, death and resurrection of Jesus of Nazareth.“
xOrthodox4Christx
Archon

Faith: Protestant (Inquirer)
Jurisdiction: Orthodox Christianity

« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2013, 06:36:13 PM »

The journey is only beginning.  Tongue

"[The Lord] shall judge between many peoples, and shall decide for strong nations far away; and they shall beat their swords into plowshares, and their spears into pruning hooks; nation shall not lift up sword against nation, neither shall they learn war anymore." (Isaiah 2:4, Micah 4:3)
WPM
Archon

« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2013, 06:37:40 PM »

We're continuously on our earthly journey until the hour of our death.
LizaSymonenko
Слава Ісусу Христу!!! Glory to Jesus Christ!!!
Global Moderator
Toumarches

Faith: God's Holy Catholic and Apostolic Orthodox Church
Jurisdiction: Ukrainian Orthodox Church of the U.S.A.

« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2013, 07:01:42 PM »

Nope.  The journey continues.

Everyone, remember to buckle your seatbelts, because I guarantee the journey is going to get bumpier on the road ahead.

Conquer evil men by your gentle kindness, and make zealous men wonder at your goodness. Put the lover of legality to shame by your compassion. With the afflicted be afflicted in mind. Love all men, but keep distant from all men.
—St. Isaac of Syria
Garuda
Moderated

« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2013, 05:28:47 PM »

Should I get it that you are still searching ? (that is what I actually asked and was referring to) Are you not convinced of your current spiritually ? Do you find yourself unsatisfied of your inner quest? Do you consider you have not found the truth?

I would like those who did to say what is their end of this spiritual quest and why?
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: