OrthodoxChristianity.net
September 02, 2014, 11:25:21 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Please pray for my exam...  (Read 1142 times) Average Rating: 0
Hurdle

Faith: Christian
Jurisdiction: N/A

« on: September 04, 2012, 02:47:31 PM »

In the week of 9/10, I will have to take a Physiology exam. I really need to succeed on the exam and it is so important to me... It is the core course of my school's pre-med education and I have to do well if I wish to become a physician.

The exam is quite tough and Biology is also not my academic strength...I need guidance from our Lord, the most holy Theotokos, and all Saints.... I would really appreciate prayer from anyone of you.

Lord Jesus Christ, Mother of God, St. Luke the Evangelist, Sts. Comas and Damian the unmercenaries, Saint Luke of Simferopol and Crimea, St. Panteleimon the Greatmartyr and Healer, Sts. Cyrus and John, St. Sampson the Hospitable, St. Anastasia the Deliverer from Potions and all other Holy Saints, please pray for me, an unworthy sinner.
LizaSymonenko
Слава Ісусу Христу!!! Glory to Jesus Christ!!!
Global Moderator
Toumarches

Faith: God's Holy Catholic and Apostolic Orthodox Church
Jurisdiction: Ukrainian Orthodox Church of the U.S.A.

« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2012, 03:19:08 PM »

May the Lord be merciful and open your mind so you can retrieve the knowledge that is required to correctly answer the questions on your exam.

Lord, have mercy!!!

Make sure you get enough sleep the night before!!!!  Crucial!

Conquer evil men by your gentle kindness, and make zealous men wonder at your goodness. Put the lover of legality to shame by your compassion. With the afflicted be afflicted in mind. Love all men, but keep distant from all men.
—St. Isaac of Syria
Ergib
O Lord according to Your mercy; not according to my sins.

Faith: Orthodox

« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2012, 03:29:04 PM »

May mother of God be with you while you study and during your exam.
marigold
OC.net guru

Faith: Greek Orthodox

« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2012, 07:30:09 PM »

Lord, have mercy on Hurdle.
Shiny
Site Supporter
Moderated
Toumarches

Faith: Groucho Marxist
Jurisdiction: Dahntahn Stoop Haus

Paint It Red

« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2012, 07:40:16 PM »

And eat a good breakfast.

Lord have mercy!

“There is your brother, naked, crying, and you stand there confused over the choice of an attractive floor covering.”

– St. Ambrose of Milan
Maximum Bob
Archon

Faith: Catechumen
Jurisdiction: Antiochian

Personal Text? We can have personal text?

« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2012, 12:36:41 AM »

Lord have mercy.

Countdown to Chrismations and Baptisms
Psalm 37:23 The Lord guides a man safely in the way he should go
Hurdle

« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2012, 01:55:22 AM »

Many thanks to everyone's prayer. The exam is over and the difficulty level was somewhat a little above the medium. The professor will grade our exams and assign us individual grades based on his grade distribution curve. I am a bit worried but hope everything goes fine.

I have another Organic Chemistry exam this coming Wednesday's evening. There are some concepts which are extremely tough to understand and I also have the feeling to do more practice questions. Please also pray for my organic Chemistry exam. I appreciate everyone's prayer.

Many thanks to everyone.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2012, 01:56:59 AM by Hurdle » Logged
Maximum Bob
Archon

« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2012, 12:31:54 AM »

Lord have mercy.

Hurdle

« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2012, 12:19:08 PM »

Thanks everyone for praying for me.

The Biology exam result has not come out yet.

I did horrible on the first Organic Chemistry midterm exam...I could have done much better if managed my time well without making careless mistakes..I spent last three minutes in transferring my answers from exam sheets to scan-tron...I hope I did not transfer them wrong although I found out that I already forgot to put one correct answer on scan-tron:'(...I became extremely depressed and had a lot emotional/depressing things from the past and current time being going on in my mind. I am stressed and overwhelmed. Organic Chemistry in my school is not curved; I have to work much harder, avoid making the same mistakes and perform well on the rest of exams to make up the lost for the first midterm.

Please pray for me that the result of first midterm exam (the result also has not come yet but I had estimated the grade I might end up with) won't be too much for me to bear and I may find the right solution to improve my grade by doing well in the rest of exams (only exams count toward my final grade).

Please also pray that so Lord may grant tranquility to my soul with peace. I spent so much time in anger, distress, anxiety, depression, disappointment after the exam...Lord Jesus Christ, Son of God, have mercy on me a sinner.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2012, 12:19:43 PM by Hurdle » Logged
marigold
OC.net guru

Faith: Greek Orthodox

« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2012, 07:32:44 PM »

Lord, have mercy on Hurdle.
Maximum Bob
Archon

« Reply #10 on: September 22, 2012, 06:26:13 PM »

Continued prayers, Lord have mercy.

Hurdle

« Reply #11 on: October 06, 2012, 03:26:53 AM »

The second Organic Chemistry exam is coming next Wednesday. I have not yet done a lot of serious studying since I was busy with other exams. Please pray for me that so that I may be sufficiently prepared for the exam. I hope this time I will be very careful and manage the exam time well. There are some other courses being going quite busy this semester; my only hope is that God may help me to take care all of them well.

I am still on the process of inquiring Orthodox faith and don't really know how long I will spend as an inquirer. I am still not sure if I should be received via Chrism or Baptism and whom I shall choose for sponsor(s) if one day I wish to enter into Orthodox Church...Some of you may know that I do have a Greek godmother candidate in my mind...

I talked to my father today and decided that if one day I am ready to become an Orthodox and choose a godparent(s), I will take my parents' opinions into account and so let they agree the sponsor/godparent(s) whom I choose are the people my parents can agree with me upon. As a selfish son who oftentimes don't know how much my parents have sacrificed for myself, I realize that if I make my decision to enter the Orthodox Church, I want my parents feel glad and comfortable with my decision. I know that the only reason why my father is serious and reserved on this issue is because he doesn't want me making a decision that I will regret later; he is older, more experienced than me. I shall honor my father and my mother.

Please pray for me, a sinner who needs the mercy and the grace of God, for himself, his academic studying and faith journey.

I wish and pray that Lord Jesus Christ will grant mercy, grace, peace and good health to everyone of you.
quietmorning
QuietMorning
OC.net guru

Faith: Orthodox Christian

St. Photini

« Reply #12 on: October 06, 2012, 10:42:36 AM »

Lord have mercy. 

In His Mercy,
BethAnna
Maximum Bob
Archon

« Reply #13 on: October 06, 2012, 08:58:11 PM »

Lord have mercy.

Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: