OrthodoxChristianity.net
November 01, 2014, 06:35:16 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Intolerance,Crudeness,Exclusivism,etc.  (Read 452 times) Average Rating: 0
Azul
Moderated
High Elder

Faith: Român Ortodox
Jurisdiction: Eastern Orthodox

« on: September 03, 2012, 03:00:21 AM »

What is the point of biblical excluvism, intolerance , strictness and crudeness?

Every formula of every religion has in this age of reason, to submit to the acid test of reason and universal assent.
Mahatma Gandhi
Punch
Taxiarches

Faith: Christian
Jurisdiction: Body of Christ

« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2012, 10:56:28 AM »

What is the point of biblical excluvism, intolerance , strictness and crudeness?

What is the point of this question?

I would be happy to agree with you, but then both of us would be wrong.
OrthoNoob
OC.net guru

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: OCA

« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2012, 03:40:33 PM »

What is "biblical excluvism," what specifically do you mean by "intolerance, strictness, and crudeness," and why do you think those on this board are obligated to defend them?

http://avengingredhand.wordpress.com -- My blog

'These words I, Leo, have set down for love and as a safeguard of the Orthodox Faith'
Remnkemi

Faith: Oriental Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Coptic Orthodox

« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2012, 03:55:58 PM »

Maybe I can piggy back off the original poster's questions. I think his question wanted to clarify any biblical defense for the apparent exclusivism seen among the actions of many Christian denominations. We often correlate Orthodoxy with strictness to ancient tradition at all expenses, including an exclusion to all those who do not strictly comply with a specific Orthodoxy. We see stories of certain Orthodox and Christian families who express a negative attitude for people who are different. Instead of preaching love, we see Orthodox hierarchy attack attempts of ecumenism (made by their own superiors). We see many people leave a church for the sole cause of crudeness against them. We see converts who love Orthodoxy constantly fight intolerance because they are not natively Greek or Egyptian or Russian. With all such negative actions seen so broadly, one must take a moment and think if there is any justification for such actions. Is there any justification for this? If not, why do we see Orthodox Christians and hierarchies commit evil acts specific to tolerance for those who are different?
HabteSelassie
Ises and I-ity
Archon

Faith: Oriental Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Ethiopian Orthodox Tewahedo Church

« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2012, 03:57:39 PM »

Greetings in that Divine and Most Precious Name of Our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ!

What is the point of this question?

stay blessed,
habte selassie

"Yet stand aloof from stupid questionings and geneologies and strifes and fightings about law, for they are without benefit and vain." Titus 3:10
Carl Kraeff (Second Chance)
Taxiarches

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: OCA

« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2012, 09:10:18 PM »

Maybe I can piggy back off the original poster's questions. I think his question wanted to clarify any biblical defense for the apparent exclusivism seen among the actions of many Christian denominations. We often correlate Orthodoxy with strictness to ancient tradition at all expenses, including an exclusion to all those who do not strictly comply with a specific Orthodoxy. We see stories of certain Orthodox and Christian families who express a negative attitude for people who are different. Instead of preaching love, we see Orthodox hierarchy attack attempts of ecumenism (made by their own superiors). We see many people leave a church for the sole cause of crudeness against them. We see converts who love Orthodoxy constantly fight intolerance because they are not natively Greek or Egyptian or Russian. With all such negative actions seen so broadly, one must take a moment and think if there is any justification for such actions. Is there any justification for this? If not, why do we see Orthodox Christians and hierarchies commit evil acts specific to tolerance for those who are different?

You could be right, but his words refer to the Bible as the culprit and not any particular religion.

Michal: "SC, love you in this thread."
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: