OrthodoxChristianity.net
December 26, 2014, 12:28:13 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Heavenly Banquet  (Read 370 times) Average Rating: 0
Gamliel
Archon

Faith: Greek Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Metropolis of San Francisco

« on: September 02, 2012, 10:52:23 PM »

I was wondering if anyone has read The Heavenly Banquet: Understanding the Divine Liturgy?  Did you find it informative?  http://orthodoxwitness.org/The-Heavenly-Banquet.html
« Last Edit: September 02, 2012, 10:53:45 PM by Gamliel » Logged
Cognomen
Site Supporter
OC.net guru

Faith: Orthodox Catholic
Jurisdiction: Phyletism Rules, OK

Ungrateful Biped

« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2012, 01:54:41 AM »

I'm actually working my way through it... very slowly.  So far, it seems to be well done and has a lot of good information.  Regrettably, my catechesis didn't focus too much on the liturgy, so I'm a tad ignorant.  It reads almost like a text book, but I think I'll gain a good bit from it.

I've run across some really topical silliness, like suggestions of changing the petitions to the armed forces to better reflect the War on Terror.  But aside from this (and again, I'm not far in) it seems like a good resource.

For what it's worth, I believe Fr. Hopko highly recommended it, but I hope others who have better familiarity than I do will chime in.

North American Eastern Orthodox Parish Council Delegate for the Canonization of Saints Twin Towers and Pentagon, as well as the Propagation of the Doctrine of the Assumption of Malaysia Airlines Flight MH370 (NAEOPCDCSTTPPDAMAFM®).
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: