OrthodoxChristianity.net
December 22, 2014, 09:06:40 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Who says no one is trying to outlaw Christianity?  (Read 1318 times) Average Rating: 0
GabrieltheCelt
Hillbilly Extraordinaire
Taxiarches

Faith: Eastern Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: OCA

Chasin' down a Hoodoo...

« on: September 01, 2012, 08:40:29 PM »

The days of martyrdom will soon be upon us. 

www.undojesus.org

"The Scots-Irish; Brewed in Scotland, bottled in Ireland, uncorked in America."  ~Scots-Irish saying
Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2012, 08:45:11 PM »

Atheist messiah?
« Last Edit: September 01, 2012, 08:45:27 PM by Asteriktos » Logged

Large Marge sent me...
quietmorning
Archon

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Antiochian

St. Photini

« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2012, 08:51:19 PM »

It's always amazed me how atheists waste SO much time on stuff like this.  If this is all there is - wouldn't every moment be precious? 

In His Mercy,
BethAnna
WeldeMikael
High Elder

« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2012, 08:57:09 PM »

Lord have mercy.
Schultz
Christian. Guitarist. Zymurgist. Librarian.
Taxiarches

Scion of the McKeesport Becks.

« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2012, 09:31:19 PM »

Oh, please. This is proof of nothing but some jackass with too much time on his hands.  You have little to fear from a webmaster who barely has enough skills to make his site look a little more attractive than a geocities site.

The only thing these people are good at outlawing is good taste.

"Hearing a nun's confession is like being stoned to death with popcorn." --Abp. Fulton Sheen
Schultz
Taxiarches

« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2012, 09:32:00 PM »

It's always amazed me how atheists waste SO much time on stuff like this.  If this is all there is - wouldn't every moment be precious? 

Not as amazing as Christians who go looking for this stuff just to post about it on the internet.

"Hearing a nun's confession is like being stoned to death with popcorn." --Abp. Fulton Sheen
PrincessMommy
High Elder

Faith: Orthodox

OCA

« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2012, 09:34:32 PM »

I rather like that he/she calls our Bible "Holy".

The part at the end title "With Love and Understand" made me chuckle.  Yeah, right.  They want to do away with what I hold dear and Holy, but they love and understand me. Roll Eyes
William
Muted
Protokentarchos

« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2012, 09:40:34 PM »

Not as amazing as Christians who go looking for this stuff just to post about it on the internet.

For once I agree with Schultz's unnecessarily caustic comment.

Apart from moral conduct, all that man thinks himself able to do in order to become acceptable to God is mere superstition and religious folly. - Immanuel Kant
GabrieltheCelt
Hillbilly Extraordinaire
Taxiarches

Chasin' down a Hoodoo...

« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2012, 10:11:44 PM »

I wasn't looking for it, Mr. Man.  A friend on Facebook posted a picture of a rally being held by these guys where they were carrying signs that said, "If Jesus Comes Back, Kill Him Again!"  The point of this thread wasn't to highlight these knuckleheads but show how anti-Christianity people are becomming.  I realize that hating Christians will always be fashionable in some circles, it just seems to be growing bolder.

"The Scots-Irish; Brewed in Scotland, bottled in Ireland, uncorked in America."  ~Scots-Irish saying
ialmisry
There's nothing John of Damascus can't answer
Moderated
Hypatos

Faith: جامعي Arab confesssing the Orthodox Faith of the One, Holy, Catholic and Apostolic Church
Jurisdiction: Antioch (for now), but my heart belongs to Alexandria

« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2012, 10:22:30 PM »

Don't need to go look for it.  I've been sent stuff or had stuff pop up, just because it seems I post on sites like this.

Question a friend, perhaps he did not do it; but if he did anything so that he may do it no more.
A hasty quarrel kindles fire,
and urgent strife sheds blood.
If you blow on a spark, it will glow;
if you spit on it, it will be put out;
                           and both come out of your mouth
Kerdy
Taxiarches

« Reply #10 on: September 01, 2012, 10:24:14 PM »

I wasn't looking for it, Mr. Man.  A friend on Facebook posted a picture of a rally being held by these guys where they were carrying signs that said, "If Jesus Comes Back, Kill Him Again!"  The point of this thread wasn't to highlight these knuckleheads but show how anti-Christianity people are becomming.  I realize that hating Christians will always be fashionable in some circles, it just seems to be growing bolder.
Some people will only come to a full understanding of them when it's too late.
Schultz
Taxiarches

« Reply #11 on: September 01, 2012, 10:29:32 PM »

It's always amazed me how atheists waste SO much time on stuff like this.  If this is all there is - wouldn't every moment be precious?  

I wasn't looking for it, Mr. Man.  A friend on Facebook posted a picture of a rally being held by these guys where they were carrying signs that said, "If Jesus Comes Back, Kill Him Again!"  The point of this thread wasn't to highlight these knuckleheads but show how anti-Christianity people are becomming.  I realize that hating Christians will always be fashionable in some circles, it just seems to be growing bolder.

People have been anti-Christianity since the day Christ was born.  

All I'm saying this is nothing new and it's not news, especially on this board where we have quite a back catalog of Chicken Little posts about the End Times.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2012, 10:30:41 PM by Schultz » Logged

Schultz
Taxiarches

« Reply #12 on: September 01, 2012, 10:31:35 PM »

And on that day, the people who brayed the loudest will be the first to apostasize.

GabrieltheCelt
Hillbilly Extraordinaire
Taxiarches

Chasin' down a Hoodoo...

« Reply #13 on: September 01, 2012, 10:39:24 PM »

It's always amazed me how atheists waste SO much time on stuff like this.  If this is all there is - wouldn't every moment be precious?  

I wasn't looking for it, Mr. Man.  A friend on Facebook posted a picture of a rally being held by these guys where they were carrying signs that said, "If Jesus Comes Back, Kill Him Again!"  The point of this thread wasn't to highlight these knuckleheads but show how anti-Christianity people are becomming.  I realize that hating Christians will always be fashionable in some circles, it just seems to be growing bolder.

All I'm saying this is nothing new and it's not news, especially on this board where we have quite a back catalog of Chicken Little posts about the End Times.

Why so mean-spirited...  Need a hug?

HabteSelassie
Ises and I-ity
Archon

Faith: Oriental Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Ethiopian Orthodox Tewahedo Church

« Reply #14 on: September 01, 2012, 10:42:54 PM »

Greetings in that Divine and Most Precious Name of Our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ!

to make his site look a little more attractive than a geocities site.

stay blessed,
habte selassie

"Yet stand aloof from stupid questionings and geneologies and strifes and fightings about law, for they are without benefit and vain." Titus 3:10
FormerReformer
Convertodox of the convertodox
Site Supporter
Archon

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: I'll take (e) for "all of the above"

« Reply #15 on: September 01, 2012, 11:15:11 PM »

Greetings in that Divine and Most Precious Name of Our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ!

stay blessed,
habte selassie

Too. Much. Neon!

I'm bliiiiind!

"Funny," said Lancelot, "how the people who can't pray say that prayers are not answered, however much the people who can pray say they are."  TH White

Oh, no: I've succumbed to Hyperdoxy!
Opus118
Site Supporter
Warned
OC.net guru

« Reply #16 on: September 01, 2012, 11:28:20 PM »

www.undojesus.org

Did not notice the outlawing part in your link Gabriel. Is it so late that I missed it?
PeterTheAleut
The Right Blowhard Peter the Furtive of Yetts O'Muckhart
Section Moderator
Protospatharios

Lord, have mercy on the Christians in Mosul!

« Reply #17 on: September 01, 2012, 11:38:53 PM »

Why so mean-spirited...  Need a hug?
Why so defensive...  Need a bug?
GabrieltheCelt
Hillbilly Extraordinaire
Taxiarches

Chasin' down a Hoodoo...

« Reply #18 on: September 02, 2012, 01:37:06 AM »

www.undojesus.org

Did not notice the outlawing part in your link Gabriel. Is it so late that I missed it?

The website doesn't expressly say 'outlawing Christianity", but before something can happen it has to be an idea.  Then that idea has to gain momentum until a sizeable portion of the populace wants the idea put into action.  In this case, that idea is to ultimately have Christianity outlawed.  I grant you that though the website doesn't use the word "outlaw", it does say it implicitly by advocating:

•" to prevent the loss of human energy being wasted through religious practice resulting from the interpretation of the text of the Holy Bible."

• "to save individuals from grief and misery resulting from their acceptance of false information proselytized by the Church."

• "to redirect human energy from religious practice to reason-based societal and environmental efforts."

Now, more than ever, we are seeing more and more atheists and agnostics becomming more and more hostile.  The people behind this website, the Russian punk band "P***Y RIOT and their supporters cutting down crosses, attacking clergy, etc...  I wish I were making a mountain out of molehill, but the more I read and open my eyes, the more I believe I am not. 

dzheremi
No longer posting here.
Warned
Protokentarchos

Jurisdiction: Coptic

« Reply #19 on: September 02, 2012, 03:35:21 AM »

I thought Tertullian wrote that it is the blood of the martyrs that is the seed of the church, not the annoyance of people on the internet at anti-Christian websites. You may not consider yourself to be making a mountain out of a molehill, Gabriel, but with all the places in the world today that are home to actual mountains (Egypt, Syria, Nigeria, Iraq, etc.), this does seem to be lower on the scale of importance. By all means treat it like a canary in a coal mine, if you want, but I'm going to reserve judgment and panic until I see such ideas expressed in ballot measures (and I think such things could happen, but they probably would not go anywhere; the rash of "new atheism" is mostly self-congratulatory, and again, surprise surprise, confined to the internet and people on it who think themselves really, really smart; no different than the "rise" of self-described Neo-Pagan or Neo-Gnostic groups via the same platform).

Ho hum.

Severian
God save Egypt, Syria, Lebanon & Iraq
Protokentarchos

Faith: Miaphysite Orthodoxy
Jurisdiction: The Church of Alexandria

Saint Severus of Antioch - the Eloquent Mouth

Partisangirl
« Reply #20 on: September 02, 2012, 04:14:07 AM »

Come on guys... Don't take this too seriously. Internet Talibatheism is going to die slowly, but surely. The only reason they are this prevalent on some parts of the Internet is because there is always a tendency for small minorities to stroke their egos on the web. Atheists are only about 3.8% of the World's population (excluding other skeptics) and 68% of the time their children become either religious or something other than Atheist. Plus, studies show that Theists tend to live longer lives than Atheists and the birth rate among Atheists is significantly lower than birth rate among Theists. In one or two generations we'll be looking back at this sort of stuff and laugh. Especially with the (rather unfortunate) growing popularity of Islam and Evangelical Protestantism in some parts of the world.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2012, 04:21:15 AM by Severian » Logged

"These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world." -Jesus Christ

I am currently not an active poster on the forum. Please forgive any offense I might have caused in the past. Thank you.
Gebre Menfes Kidus
"SERVANT of The HOLY SPIRIT"
Merarches

Faith: Ethiopian Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Orthodox Tewahedo / Non-Chalcedonian

"Lord Have Mercy on Me a Sinner!"

« Reply #21 on: September 02, 2012, 05:11:03 AM »

Exactly. Show me a true atheist and I will show you a complete and thorough hedonist. Anton Lavey lived and promoted the true conclusions of true atheistic belief, and ironically he wasn't even an atheist! He believed in the devil!

Selam

"There are two great tragedies: one is to live a life ruled by the passions, and the other is to live a passionless life."
Selam, +GMK+
Gebre Menfes Kidus
Merarches

« Reply #22 on: September 02, 2012, 05:20:49 AM »

Don't you realize that you aren't a true Christian? True Christians are tolerant. They tolerate anything and everything (except true Christianity.) Your constant "moralizing" and "chicken little" fear mongering only proves that you actually believe in something. And you need to realize that true Christians (according to the State) don't really believe in anything except "tolerance." If you persist in your refusal to tolerate immorality and evil, then you may need to be crucufied in order to show you your error. Others here on this "Orthodox" forum have tried to warn you, but apparently you actually believe in the Scriptures and in the Teachings of the Church. Such true belief is actually the greatest heresy. But you are too arrogant (i.e. faithful) to realize it. Conform to true Christianity or else be crucified! 

Selam

"There are two great tragedies: one is to live a life ruled by the passions, and the other is to live a passionless life."
Selam, +GMK+
Severian
God save Egypt, Syria, Lebanon & Iraq
Protokentarchos

Faith: Miaphysite Orthodoxy
Jurisdiction: The Church of Alexandria

Saint Severus of Antioch - the Eloquent Mouth

Partisangirl
« Reply #23 on: September 02, 2012, 05:39:40 AM »

Don't you realize that you aren't a true Christian? True Christians are tolerant. They tolerate anything and everything (except true Christianity.) Your constant "moralizing" and "chicken little" fear mongering only proves that you actually believe in something. And you need to realize that true Christians (according to the State) don't really believe in anything except "tolerance." If you persist in your refusal to tolerate immorality and evil, then you may need to be crucufied in order to show you your error. Others here on this "Orthodox" forum have tried to warn you, but apparently you actually believe in the Scriptures and in the Teachings of the Church. Such true belief is actually the greatest heresy. But you are too arrogant (i.e. faithful) to realize it. Conform to true Christianity or else be crucified! 

Selam
Yeah. I definitely have to agree with you here, GMK. Now is the worst time of all for us to water down traditional Christianity. I know that I am probably going to get a load of seemingly-pious and liberal opinions for saying this, but I have to take my stand on this issue.

"These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world." -Jesus Christ

I am currently not an active poster on the forum. Please forgive any offense I might have caused in the past. Thank you.
Jetavan
Argumentum ad australopithecum
Taxiarches

Faith: Science to the Fourth Power
Jurisdiction: Ohayo Gozaimasu

Barlaam and Josaphat

« Reply #24 on: September 02, 2012, 10:49:04 AM »

stay blessed,
habte selassie
There was a *real* Hillman College, in Mississippi, which ceased to exist in the 1940s. It wasn't an HBCU.

Edit: What ceased to exist in the 1940s was Hillman College, not Mississippi. Sorry for any confusion.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2012, 10:51:21 AM by Jetavan » Logged

If you will, you can become all flame.
Extra caritatem nulla salus.
In order to become whole, take the "I" out of "holiness".
सर्वभूतहित
Ἄνω σχῶμεν τὰς καρδίας
"Those who say religion has nothing to do with politics do not know what religion is." -- Mohandas Gandhi
Y dduw bo'r diolch.
orthonorm
Moderated
Hoplitarches

Faith: Sola Gratia
Jurisdiction: Outside

« Reply #25 on: September 02, 2012, 04:04:44 PM »

Dude, it is a slow news cycle. I mean what else is going on?

Gotta drum up the hypothetically slippery slope during such times.

Ignorance is not a lack, but a passion.
orthonorm
Moderated
Hoplitarches

« Reply #26 on: September 02, 2012, 04:05:13 PM »

stay blessed,
habte selassie

LOL!

PeterTheAleut
Section Moderator
Protospatharios

« Reply #27 on: September 02, 2012, 04:14:03 PM »

Selam
Gebre, would you be so kind as to identify by their usernames those specific posters who have tried to "warn" Gabriel that he may need to be crucified to show him his error of refusing to tolerate immorality and evil? Who here is telling Gabriel that he needs to conform to the "true" Christianity of tolerance for all things sinful? Give us names, or else you're just defaming the good people of this forum by putting Orthodox in quotes (as if this forum is in fact not an Orthodox forum) and by implying that a number of us are encouraging unrighteousness.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2012, 04:15:34 PM by PeterTheAleut » Logged
dzheremi
No longer posting here.
Warned
Protokentarchos

Jurisdiction: Coptic

« Reply #28 on: September 02, 2012, 04:21:37 PM »

I thought GMK was being sarcastic... Huh

WeldeMikael
High Elder

« Reply #29 on: September 02, 2012, 04:38:21 PM »

I thought the same too.
Gebre Menfes Kidus
Merarches

« Reply #30 on: September 02, 2012, 05:59:44 PM »

I thought the same too.

Yes, I was indeed being sarcastic.

Selam

Selam, +GMK+
HabteSelassie
Ises and I-ity
Archon

Faith: Oriental Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Ethiopian Orthodox Tewahedo Church

« Reply #31 on: September 02, 2012, 09:36:00 PM »

I thought the same too.

Selam

Really? I though you were being spiritual in the sense of bearing our crosses daily, Lord knows I have to bear mine Wink

stay blessed,
habte selassie

"Yet stand aloof from stupid questionings and geneologies and strifes and fightings about law, for they are without benefit and vain." Titus 3:10
PeterTheAleut
Section Moderator
Protospatharios

« Reply #32 on: September 03, 2012, 02:52:34 AM »

I thought the same too.

Even so, your sarcasm did appear to call others out for encouraging tolerance of immorality and did appear to call this forum out as not truly Orthodox. I'm merely asking you to account for the words you spoke in sarcasm. Who here is encouraging tolerance of immorality?
« Last Edit: September 03, 2012, 02:53:34 AM by PeterTheAleut » Logged
orthonorm
Moderated
Hoplitarches

« Reply #33 on: September 03, 2012, 12:51:29 PM »

Actually clicked the link today.

The graphic is hilarious.

And Chaz Bufe? Haven't heard that name in a long time. Wished it were still that way.

Gebre Menfes Kidus
Merarches

« Reply #34 on: September 03, 2012, 03:08:52 PM »

I thought the same too.

Even so, your sarcasm did appear to call others out for encouraging tolerance of immorality and did appear to call this forum out as not truly Orthodox. I'm merely asking you to account for the words you spoke in sarcasm. Who here is encouraging tolerance of immorality?

Well, since I was severely moderated one time for simply pointing out someone's cowardly behavior, I don't think I'll take your bait here Peter. I'll just say what Bob Marley said, "If the cap fit, let dem wear it."

Selam

Selam, +GMK+
PeterTheAleut
Section Moderator
Protospatharios

« Reply #35 on: September 03, 2012, 03:19:06 PM »

I thought the same too.

Well, since I was severely moderated one time for simply pointing out someone's cowardly behavior, I don't think I'll take your bait here Peter. I'll just say what Bob Marley said, "If the cap fit, let dem wear it."
Then you're willing to let your sarcasm be seen as the gutless attempt at passive-aggressive backstabbing for which you're so well known on this forum? I'm giving you the chance to defend your honor here.
Gebre Menfes Kidus
Merarches

« Reply #36 on: September 03, 2012, 03:48:36 PM »

I thought the same too.

Then you're willing to let your sarcasm be seen as the gutless attempt at passive-aggressive backstabbing for which you're so well known on this forum? I'm giving you the chance to defend your honor here.

So you can question my courage, but I cant' question someone else's? I obviously can't go into more detail here, because I would risk punitive measures from you. But you know very well what I'm talking about. And as long as you reserve the right to publicly criticize me and publicly moderate me while blocking my PM's to you, then you have absolutely no right to question anyone else's courage, guts, honesty, or character.

Selam

Selam, +GMK+
PeterTheAleut
Section Moderator
Protospatharios

« Reply #37 on: September 03, 2012, 04:49:37 PM »

I thought the same too.

So you can question my courage, but I cant' question someone else's? I obviously can't go into more detail here, because I would risk punitive measures from you. But you know very well what I'm talking about. And as long as you reserve the right to publicly criticize me and publicly moderate me while blocking my PM's to you, then you have absolutely no right to question anyone else's courage, guts, honesty, or character.

Selam
Please see my private message.
Gebre Menfes Kidus
Merarches

« Reply #38 on: September 04, 2012, 02:00:52 AM »

I thought the same too.

Selam
Please see my private message.

Thank you for the message.

Selam

Selam, +GMK+
podkarpatska
Merarches

Jurisdiction: ACROD

Pokrov

« Reply #39 on: September 04, 2012, 10:24:35 AM »

For once I agree with Schultz's unnecessarily caustic comment.

Sometimes, it is necessary to use a caustic compound to address a difficult situation.  Wink
Kerdy
Taxiarches

« Reply #40 on: September 07, 2012, 06:37:52 AM »

And on that day, the people who brayed the loudest will be the first to apostasize.
Maybe
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: