OrthodoxChristianity.net
September 02, 2014, 03:00:10 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Archangel Michael  (Read 570 times) Average Rating: 0
Radost

Faith: seeking

« on: September 01, 2012, 09:49:45 AM »

Hi.  I have just started studying Russian and attending services that are done in Russian and sung in the Slavonic liturgy.  I was wondering if anyone had any liturgy for Arkhangel Mikhail that has the Russian/Slavonic and English liturgy side by side.  I am looking for any of the simple prayers about Archangel Mikhail and any of the liturgies such as the longer liturgies celebrating November 8/21 or September 6/19.  If anyone could post anything, it would mean so much to me. Also are there any others on this forum with Arkhangel Mikhail as their patron saint.  It would be great to start having a dialogue and practicing my Russian with someone who love to talk about him.  I think it's so majestic the way he is depicted a lot in the videos on you tube that celebrate the beauty of Russia.  Russia is a part of my heritage too although no one in my family ever taught me of this heritage and it was kept secret.   angel
mike
Stratopedarches

« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2012, 10:37:24 AM »

akathyst in Church Slavonic and English:
http://www.klikovo.ru/db/msg/9515
http://cs-people.bu.edu/butta1/akathistarchangelmichael.htm
« Last Edit: September 01, 2012, 10:39:02 AM by Michał Kalina » Logged

Byzantinism
no longer posting here
Radost

« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2012, 11:11:38 AM »

Oh thank you thank you thankyou.  I was definitely looking for something like this!  :-)  This is just what I wanted!  These prayers are absolutely beautiful.  I've been looking all over for something like this and wasn't able to find it.  Just what I needed!  Smiley  God bless you always.  Smiley
Radost

« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2012, 11:20:34 AM »

This really made my day so happy.   Smiley  Shocked angel
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: