OrthodoxChristianity.net
April 16, 2014, 03:18:17 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The Rules page has been updated.  Please familiarize yourself with its contents!

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags CHAT Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Liturgy for Arkhangel Mikhail  (Read 295 times) Average Rating: 0
Radost

Faith: seeking

« on: September 01, 2012, 09:39:39 AM »

Hello. I am learning Russian and have been starting to attend Orthodox services where they do it all in the Slavonic language.   I am looking for some liturgy that celebrate Archangel Michael or invoke his protection...I know that on You Tube there are certain beautiful videos with Akatist about him but too long for anyone to post the words underneath.  So I'm hoping I could even sometime find the liturgy for the November 8/21 for Archangel Michael or maybe the liturgy for the Miracle of Chonae (Sept 6/19) or even some of the simple prayers that I would be able to read with the English and Russian/Slavonic pronunciation side by side especially some that would have both the Slavonic/Russian and English translations side by side.  Does anyone have the Russian/Cyrillic/Church Slavonic pronunication side by side with the English?  Also anything in Greek would be great since I'm also starting to study that language and Serbian.   angel
Michał Kalina
Stratopedarches

« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2012, 09:44:41 AM »

Liturgy is (usually) the same every time...

edit: troparion:

Commanders of the heavenly hosts,
    we who are unworthy beseech you,
    by your prayers encompass us beneath the wings of your immaterial glory,
    and faithfully preserve us who fall down and cry to you:
    "Deliver us from all harm, for you are the commanders of the powers on high!"

http://orthodoxwiki.org/Archangel_Michael
« Last Edit: September 01, 2012, 09:48:20 AM by Michał Kalina » Logged

no longer posting here
Tags: Archangel Michael  St. Michael  russian 
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: