OrthodoxChristianity.net
July 24, 2014, 01:58:45 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: For all fans of Holy Russia  (Read 2058 times) Average Rating: 0
Gorazd
OC.net guru

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: The Ecumenical Patriarchate of Istanbul and Chambésy

« on: August 28, 2012, 02:45:17 PM »

For anyone interested in reading about Holy Russia in the original Russian - I just received this message on vkontakte (Russian Facebook) and I could not keep myself from sharing it with you all:

С НАМИ БОГ !
Кто одолеет Святую Русь, нашу любимую, родную землю - матушку? Никто, потому что мы живы верой, потому что благодаря непоколебимой вере с нами Живой Бог, помогающий нам, везде спасающий, всюду поддерживающий и укрепляющий верных!

Pan Michał
Elder

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: The Polish Autocephalous Orthodox Church

« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2012, 11:40:31 AM »

Heh... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dKBY6T6-P6Q
Punch
Warned
Protokentarchos

Faith: Christian
Jurisdiction: Body of Christ

« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2012, 05:25:32 PM »

OMG!  You mean Russian pagans used that hideous drum, too?  I though only my pagan Celtic ancestors beat on that.

Orthodox only because of God and His Russians.
William
Warned
Protokentarchos

Faith: None

« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2012, 05:36:12 PM »

A Russian pagan band, the description is in English and lyrics in Spanish. ?

Apart from moral conduct, all that man thinks himself able to do in order to become acceptable to God is mere superstition and religious folly. - Immanuel Kant

Leave there thy gift before the altar, and go thy way; first be reconciled to thy brother, and then come and offer thy gift. - Matt. 5:24
Pan Michał
Elder

« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2012, 05:46:27 PM »

OMG!  You mean Russian pagans used that hideous drum, too?  I though only my pagan Celtic ancestors beat on that.

What's even more unsettling is that the drum beat heard is not simultaneous with drum beat beaten by the girl in the vid...

A Russian pagan band, the description is in English and lyrics in Spanish. ?

Rossiya is multo bueno!
« Last Edit: September 02, 2012, 05:47:22 PM by Pan Michał » Logged
Opus118
Site Supporter
OC.net guru

« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2012, 10:45:20 PM »

I never paid much attention to the foreign language threads. Are there no rules here? Thread hijacking is quite OK because it is a tradition? It reads like I can fake my foreign language abilities and bend and twist the agenda to suit my own sense of humor.
LizaSymonenko
Слава Ісусу Христу!!! Glory to Jesus Christ!!!
Global Moderator
Toumarches

Faith: God's Holy Catholic and Apostolic Orthodox Church
Jurisdiction: Ukrainian Orthodox Church of the U.S.A.

« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2012, 11:24:02 PM »

For anyone interested in reading about Holy Russia in the original Russian - I just received this message on vkontakte (Russian Facebook) and I could not keep myself from sharing it with you all:

С НАМИ БОГ !
Кто одолеет Святую Русь, нашу любимую, родную землю - матушку? Никто, потому что мы живы верой, потому что благодаря непоколебимой вере с нами Живой Бог, помогающий нам, везде спасающий, всюду поддерживающий и укрепляющий верных!

It says Русь (Rus), not Russia.  Holy Rus.  I would translate to be Ukraine.  Smiley

Conquer evil men by your gentle kindness, and make zealous men wonder at your goodness. Put the lover of legality to shame by your compassion. With the afflicted be afflicted in mind. Love all men, but keep distant from all men.
—St. Isaac of Syria
Pan Michał
Elder

« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2012, 03:47:50 AM »

It says Русь (Rus), not Russia.  Holy Rus.  I would translate to be Ukraine.  Smiley

Enter the Vladik in 3... 2... 1... Wink
Gorazd
OC.net guru

« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2012, 03:30:45 PM »

It's a text from the MP, and they usually understand Русь to mean the former USSR, except Georgia, and headquartered in Moscow.

Actually, they always use Русь, for example in the title of Patriarch Kyrill.
LizaSymonenko
Слава Ісусу Христу!!! Glory to Jesus Christ!!!
Global Moderator
Toumarches

Faith: God's Holy Catholic and Apostolic Orthodox Church
Jurisdiction: Ukrainian Orthodox Church of the U.S.A.

« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2012, 04:35:17 PM »

Ukrainian wannabes.

Conquer evil men by your gentle kindness, and make zealous men wonder at your goodness. Put the lover of legality to shame by your compassion. With the afflicted be afflicted in mind. Love all men, but keep distant from all men.
—St. Isaac of Syria
Gorazd
OC.net guru

« Reply #10 on: September 03, 2012, 07:02:43 PM »

Ukrainian wannabes.

Indeed. In fact, once Pat. Kyrill openly considered moving the MP headquarters to Kyiv. But it seems that President Putin was not amused.
Nadege

« Reply #11 on: February 18, 2013, 10:22:39 PM »

We should ask Tatar Mongols if they're okay with that.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2013, 10:24:46 PM by Nadege » Logged
Shanghaiski
Taxiarches

Jurisdiction: Antiochian

Holy Trinity Church of Gergeti, Georgia

« Reply #12 on: February 18, 2013, 10:35:41 PM »

There's always Vladimir--or even Novgorod, if one is feeling adventurous.

Quote from: GabrieltheCelt
If you spend long enough on this forum, you'll come away with all sorts of weird, untrue ideas of Orthodox Christianity.
Quote from: orthonorm
I would suggest most persons in general avoid any question beginning with why.
Nadege

« Reply #13 on: February 18, 2013, 10:38:46 PM »

There's always Vladimir--or even Novgorod, if one is feeling adventurous.
Yeah, why not Novgorod, it has a nice kremlin of its own.
Alive
Warned
High Elder

Faith: Orthodox

« Reply #14 on: April 28, 2013, 08:03:59 AM »

Никогда, никакой "святой руси" не было.
это все миф чтоб мяса нарубить.

И итим мифом, и поныне, масковские царьки очень умело народ раводят.
Alive
Warned
High Elder

Faith: Orthodox

« Reply #15 on: April 28, 2013, 08:03:59 AM »

С НАМИ БОГ !

С BАМИ БОГ Huh

Fire-Bird2014
Warned

Jurisdiction: Russian/Serbian Church

Have Faith!

« Reply #16 on: December 22, 2013, 02:17:27 AM »

Very disappointing thread. Why do Ukrainians need to say anything (relevant/irrelevant) to degrade Russia?  otherwise they would not be able to sleep well. Where is your Christian spirit, brothers and sisters in Christ?

For those who do love Russia, try to understand mentality of its people, learn about its culture, I highly recommend a wonderful book by S. Massie LAND OF THE FIREBIRD. This American author "gets" it! I'd be so proud, if I were an American Smiley) It also easy and entertaining reading. You just go Chapter by Chapter and cannot stop.

Yours in Christ,

Natalia

Be kinder than necessary, for everyone is fighting a battle.
Привнесите светлое, и тьма уидет!!!
Fire-Bird2014
Warned

Have Faith!

« Reply #17 on: December 22, 2013, 02:26:40 AM »

To other offensive comments regarding lack of holiness in Russia.... Have a look at a list of Russian Saints, prophets and martyrs of the 20th century. And try to match it.... православие is true to this day and age. It is very exciting to be part of Eastern Orthodox Church. It is also hard to be a worthy member. May God enlighten us all Smiley

Alpo
Taxiarches

Faith: Orthodox. With some feta, please.

« Reply #18 on: December 22, 2013, 07:07:23 AM »

To other offensive comments regarding lack of holiness in Russia.... Have a look at a list of Russian Saints, prophets and martyrs of the 20th century.

We canonize people. Not countries/nations/whatever.
mike
Stratopedarches

« Reply #19 on: December 22, 2013, 12:15:52 PM »

For those who do love Russia, try to understand mentality of its people, learn about its culture, I highly recommend a wonderful book by S. Massie LAND OF THE FIREBIRD.

I recommend going to Russia.

Byzantinism
no longer posting here
Fire-Bird2014
Warned

Have Faith!

« Reply #20 on: December 22, 2013, 05:48:21 PM »

Mr Kalina, I have been there in 2009 and I am going there in 2014. I will visit great people and great Churches. Last time it was Sergiev Posad (you must have heard of Sergius of Radonezh, a Russian Saint from medieval times. Together with Venerable Seraphim of Sarov, he is one of the Russian Orthodox Church's most highly venerated saints.)

In December 1937, Pavel Florensky (1882–1937), a Russian theologian, priest, mathematician, inventor, philosopher and engineer died in the Soviet Gulag and it is thought he was condemned by an extrajudicial NKVD troika under NKVD Order No. 00447 to be executed during the 1930s Bolshevik purges after refusing to disclose the hiding place of Sergius' head which the Bolsheviks wanted destroyed. It is rumoured that Florensky and other theologians were involved in a plot to save and hide the relics of St. Sergius. The relics were returned by Pavel Golubtsov to the Troitse-Sergiyeva Lavra (Trinity Cathedral) of the Lavra in 1946 when it was reopened.

Glory to God!

Fire-Bird2014
Warned

Have Faith!

« Reply #21 on: December 22, 2013, 06:21:01 PM »

To other offensive comments regarding lack of holiness in Russia.... Have a look at a list of Russian Saints, prophets and martyrs of the 20th century.

We canonize people. Not countries/nations/whatever.

True, nobody canonizes "whatever" or "countries" .... Cheesy However,  we all know that St Nicholas is a 4th-century Christian saint and Greek Bishop of Myra in Lycia. Does it matter? Interestingly enough, yes! It motivates me to learn more about Greece, the country that produced this wonderful miracle-worker. I have a soft spot in my heart for everything Greek because of Nicholas. They speak his language. You might also know that he is one of the most beloved Saints in Russia. One Russian lady was asked to explain Holy Trinity and she answered, "Jesus Christ, Mother of God and St Nicholas constitute Holy Trinity" Smiley It is a joke, but ...

And so, I will post the unknown Christian martyrs "for all fans of Holy Russia" (thank you for the thread!)

One expert calculates that half of all Christian martyrs were killed in the 20th Century alone. Statistics vary widely for the number of Russian Orthodox bishops, priests and believers who died as martyrs. However, most academic studies put the number somewhere between 10 and 20 million killed. At least 500,000 Russian Orthodox Christians were martyred in the gulags by the Soviet government, not including torture or  being sent to prison camps, labour camps, mental hospitals, etc.

« Last Edit: December 22, 2013, 06:36:15 PM by Fire-Bird2014 » Logged

Fire-Bird2014
Warned

Have Faith!

« Reply #22 on: December 22, 2013, 06:35:46 PM »

I'd like to start with a non-Russian Saint, as nationality itself does matter little in matters of Christian faith.

In 1918, the Grand Duchess Elizabeth of Russia was killed by the Bolsheviks.

Elizabeth was the daughter of Princess Alice of Hesse and the granddaughter of Queen Victoria of England. She was a convert to Orthodoxy. Chosen as the future wife of the Grand Duke Sergei Alexandrovich, the grand duchess arrived in Russia during the period when the country, under the firm rule of Alexander III, attained the blossoming of its might in a purely national spirit. With her moral sensitivity and inborn love for knowledge, the young grand duchess began an intense study of the national characteristics of the Russian people and especially of their faith which places a deep mark on both their national character and upon all of their culture. Soon Orthodoxy won her over by its beauty and inner richness which she often would contrast with the spiritual poverty of Protestantism. ("And they are so self-satisfied about everything!" she said about Protestants.)

She placed a law in her heart: that the strong bear the frailties of the weak. Love was the cornerstone of her life and all her activities. For the sake of this Love, she sacrificed herself for others, thereby fulfilling that greatest of commandments according to the Apostle of love, that we ought to lay down our lives for the brethren (1 John 3:16).  she was a rare combination of exalted Christian spirit, moral nobility, enlightened mind, gentle heart, and refined taste.

There exists perhaps no more eloquent tribute to the holy Grand Duchess than the spiritual portrait so finely drawn by the late Metropolitan Anastassy:
“She was a rare combination of exalted Christian spirit, moral nobility, enlightened mind, gentle heart, and refined taste. She possessed an extremely delicate and multifaceted spiritual composition and her outward appearance reflected the beauty and greatness of her spirit. Upon her brow lay the seal of an inborn, elevated dignity that set her apart from those around her. Under the cover of modesty, she often strove,  though in vain, to conceal herself from the gaze of others, but one could not mistake her for another. Wherever she appeared, one would always ask: Who is she who looketh forth as the morning, clear as the sun (Song of Solomon 6:10)? Wherever she would go she emanated the pure fragrance of the lily. Perhaps it was for this reason that she loved the color white – it was the reflection of her heart. All of her spiritual qualities were strictly balanced, one against another, never giving an impression of one-sidedness. Femininity was joined in her to a courageous character; her goodness never led to weakness and blind, unconditional trust of people. Even in her finest heartfelt inspirations she exhibited that gift of discernment which has always been so highly esteemed by Christian ascetics…”

more here http://orthodoxinfo.com/general/duchess.aspx

You can also see pics and read her story following the link below
http://www.unofficialroyalty.com/july-18-daily-featured-date/
« Last Edit: December 22, 2013, 06:47:50 PM by Fire-Bird2014 » Logged

mike
Stratopedarches

« Reply #23 on: December 23, 2013, 04:48:27 AM »

We already have a thread for lives of the saints: http://www.orthodoxchristianity.net/forum/index.php/topic,13801.0.html but before posting check whether they had been already posted or not. St. Elizabeth is hardly unknown.

This section is for discussions in Slavic languages.

Byzantinism
no longer posting here
Fire-Bird2014
Warned

Have Faith!

« Reply #24 on: December 23, 2013, 02:21:47 PM »

December 8 marked the 76th anniversary of the marytric death of Priest Paul Florensky

Pavel Florensky is one of the most extraordinary intellectuals ever to emerge in the Russian speaking world (and the competition is formidable), yet outside Russia he is almost completely unknown beyond a small community of Slavists and theologians.

"Pavel Florensky was without doubt one of the greatest Christian geniuses of the twentieth century, combining theological and philosophical depth with exceptional brilliance as a theoretical and practical scientist and a keen awareness of the cultural and artistic currents of his day — all this extinguished in the brutality of the Soviet prison camps. Here at last is a biography based on extensive study of Florensky's correspondence as well as his books and essays. It should establish his reputation definitively, both as a thinker and as a Christian martyr." — Archbishop Rowan Williams

He has not been canonized as a martyr, even though he was shot by Bolsheviks. he was accused of creating a non-existent counter-revolutionary organization and pleaded guilty.  he not only pleaded guilty but took the blame upon himself, in an attempt to protect others. This is the official position. People think that Fr. Pavel Florensky has entered the host of martyrs. According to the recollections of people who were with him in the camps, he did not renounce his faith or his holy orders, but remained there patiently, uncomplainingly, and kindheartedly, preaching the word of God to those who were prepared to hear it. Fr. Pavel took a a camp path to Christ.

Rather interesting interview about Fr. Pavel Florensky was published here http://www.pravmir.com/the-75th-anniversary-fr-pavel-florenskys-martyric-death/

It explains why he studied occultism
:

As you know, in nineteenth century Russia the intelligentsia and nobility grew more and more carried away with mysticism and occult. Fr. Pavel never judged people, but he did firmly uphold the truth. He understood that the Lord’s ways are inscrutable and that while one person might approach the truth directly, while another might come at it in a more roundabout way.

Andrei Bely became an anthroposophist. In his letters to him, Fr. Pavel spoke very sharply about anthroposophy, but he neither rebuked Bely nor did he end their relationship. He was able to separate delusions from personality.

Occultism is a parasite on healthy human desires. Man has a spiritual need to commune with his departed relatives. This is the meaning behind prayer for the departed, memorial services, and the taking out of particles for the reposed at the proskomedia. This is the legitimate way, whereas occultism offers an illegitimate way, one leading to perdition, of communing with them outside the Church.

But the need to commune with one’s departed loved ones is natural. It follows that we should show someone with a need for occultism why the path he has chosen is wrong and dangerous. And this can be shown only if one has studied it.

In my opinion, Fr. Pavel’s works are also valuable because, in an era of the cult of rationality, they show that there are other, higher paths to truth and that when the intellect rejects faith it cannot come to know truth.

You can read his works in English "The Pillar and Ground of the Truth: An Essay in Orthodox Theodicy in Twelve Letters"
Pavel Florensky

RUSSIAN religious thought is a unique modern expression of the Eastern Christian worldview. It came of age early in the twentieth century, in a period now referred to as the "Russian religious renaissance" and is known to the West mainly in the works of Nikolai Berdiaev and Leon Shestov. The nineteenth century, which experienced an incredible growth in the monastic population, witnessed a creative encounter between the monasteries and the artists and intellectuals, reflected, for example, in the works of Tolstoy and Dostoevsky. Florensky himself wanted to become a monk.

To give you an idea of his writing:

Liturgy, for Florensky, was the "heart of human activity," for it expressed the two worlds, human and divine, of what he called homo liturgus.8 With the secularization of life, "cult," Florensky believed, branched off into "culture," whose activities are "secondary and express human nature one-sidedly." With his firm belief that liturgy was humanity's "primal activity" and his focus on the symbolic meaning of liturgical texts Florensky enabled the development of modern Orthodox liturgical theology.

"The more massively and metaphysically crudely and archaically we conceive religious concepts, the more profound will the symbolism of their expression be and therefore the closer we will come to a genuine understanding of strictly religious experience. This compressed, densified character of religious concepts characterizes our entire liturgy . . .The liturgy is the flower of Church life and also its root and seed. What richness of ideas and new concepts in the domain of dogmatics, what abundance of profound psychological observations and moral guidance could be gathered here even by a not very diligent investigator! Yes, liturgical theology awaits its creator." Florensky.

The ultimate value of The Pillar and Ground of the Truth rests in the quality of its cosmic vision of love and the richness of its variegated texture. It is this vision and texture that come from the heart of the culture of Russian Orthodoxy. - Richard F. Gustafson

Avril Pyman wrote a fascinating book "Pavel Florensky: A Quiet Genius: The Tragic and Extraordinary Life of Russia" Available on Amazon

Fire-Bird2014
Warned

Have Faith!

« Reply #25 on: December 23, 2013, 02:28:53 PM »

We already have a thread for lives of the saints: http://www.orthodoxchristianity.net/forum/index.php/topic,13801.0.html but before posting check whether they had been already posted or not. St. Elizabeth is hardly unknown.

I can write in Russian but who can read it Smiley Looks like English is the preferred language. People here are supposedly "fans of Holy Russia" . This is why I think it is a good idea to post info on Russian saints or non-Russian Saints from Russia. It explains why I am a fan of Russia Smiley This country is amazingly rich when it comes to Holy figures. If you disagree with me posting here, I will start a new thread on this topic. Russia as third Rome, or something like that. Let me know what you think, Mr Kalina. Blessings, N

Fire-Bird2014
Warned

Have Faith!

« Reply #26 on: December 23, 2013, 02:31:46 PM »

PS The thread on LIVES OF SAINTS is an "information only thread". Hard to discuss or have a conversation.

Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

Faith: BZZT

« Reply #27 on: December 23, 2013, 02:36:51 PM »

Could you please leave links to where you are quoting this stuff from?
Fire-Bird2014
Warned

Have Faith!

« Reply #28 on: December 23, 2013, 03:04:45 PM »

Every link I use is in my message Smiley Thank you for asking.

mike
Stratopedarches

« Reply #29 on: December 23, 2013, 04:44:44 PM »

I can write in Russian but who can read it Smiley Looks like English is the preferred language. People here are supposedly "fans of Holy Russia" . This is why I think it is a good idea to post info on Russian saints or non-Russian Saints from Russia. It explains why I am a fan of Russia Smiley This country is amazingly rich when it comes to Holy figures. If you disagree with me posting here, I will start a new thread on this topic. Russia as third Rome, or something like that. Let me know what you think, Mr Kalina. Blessings, N

This is official moderator's directive. This section is purposed for discussions not in English. If you want to discuss things in English go to Other Topics for example, start a thread "Why I love Russia" and you can post it there.

If you ignore this request and keep posting in this section in English without any willigness to participate in discussions in Russian or about Russian language you will receive official warning.

Byzantinism
no longer posting here
Fire-Bird2014
Warned

Have Faith!

« Reply #30 on: December 23, 2013, 05:10:16 PM »

Спасибо за замечание, Маикл. Надеюсь здесь есть те, кто читают на русском.

Итак, всем тем, кто интересуется Святой Русью. Посмотрите ряд фильмов на замечательную тему РУССКИЕ СВЯТЫЕ

http://pravos.blogspot.com/search/label/%D0%A0%D1%83%D1%81%D1%81%D0%BA%D0%B8%D0%B5%20%D0%A1%D0%B2%D1%8F%D1%82%D1%8B%D0%B5

Мне очень нравятся работы Феофана Затворника. Оказывается, о нем снят фильм:

Феофан Затворник и Вышенская Пустынь. Фильм Алексея Денисова
http://pravos.blogspot.com/2011/11/blog-post_13.html

Феофан Вышенский Затворник (в миру Георгий Васильевич Говоров), епископ Тамбовский, был один из самых образованных людей своего времени. Ему прочили блестящую церковную карьеру, но в 1866 году он неожиданно для всех ушел в затвор и поселился в маленькой келий Успенского Вышенского монастыря. В ней он провел, не выходя в мир, 28 лет жизни... Все это время он посвятил молитвенным и духовным трудам. Особым подвигом была его богословско-литературная деятельность.

Феофан Затворник
:

Когда очистится кто от страстей, пусть дает волю сердцу, но пока страсти в силе, давать волю сердцу — значит явно обречь себя на всякие неверные шаги.

"Сказал преподобный Андрей: "Диавол, обыкновенно, сначала отгоняет благодать Божию от человека через грех и потом уже входит в него беспрепятственно и делает в нем что хочет. Впрочем, благодать не потому отступает от человека, чтобы боялась дьявола, но потому, что не может снести зловония греха, приятого сердцем".

Душа выше тела. Какая польза от богатства, когда душа бедна, и какая беда от бедности, когда душа богата? Бегай же страсти сребролюбия.

Справедлива также боязнь прельщения... Бывает мысленная прелесть — это самомнение; бывает внешняя — это светы, звуки, фигуры какие-нибудь. Плюйте на все сие... Вражье есть. Бес явился к одному, и ну кричать: «Христос идет, Христос идет!» Тот сказал ему: «Убирайся, прелесть лукавая, не пойдет ко мне Христос, ибо я крайне грешен». И бес исчез.

другие цитаты и афоризмы см. на http://www.livelib.ru/author/125001/quotes

К сожалению, сайт не позволяет размещать портреты (?)

Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

Faith: BZZT

« Reply #31 on: December 23, 2013, 05:12:22 PM »

Every link I use is in my message Smiley Thank you for asking.

My apologies, I had not seen the reference to "The Pillar and Ground of the Truth" and wasn't sure where it was from, but now that I look at your post again I see it Smiley
Fire-Bird2014
Warned

Have Faith!

« Reply #32 on: December 23, 2013, 10:55:14 PM »

Евфросиния Неведомая (Евфросиния Колюпановская)

Евфросиния – ее монашеское имя. В миру она звалась Евдокия. Получив блестящее образование, обладая тонким умом и красотой, она привлекла внимание светского общества и стала одной из любимых фрейлин императрицы Екатерины II. Будущая подвижница дружила с семьями знаменитого Александра Васильевича Суворова и князя Юрия Долгорукова. Но однажды вместе с двумя другими фрейлинами, Марфой и Соломией, княжна Евдокия Вяземская решила тайно покинуть дворец и взять на себя крест подвижничества. Мы не знаем причин этого поступка: слишком ли вольные нравы придворной жизни, интриги или сплетни... Но в один из летних дней три фрейлины, воспользовавшись пребыванием двора в Царском Селе, оставили свои платья на берегу одного из прудов (пусть считают их утонувшими!), переоделись в одежды крестьянок и отправились странствовать. Евдокия побывала в нескольких монастырях: доила коров на скотном дворе, пекла просфоры. И только поборов в себе все человеческие слабости, испытав свой характер на прочность, в 1806 году она пришла в Москву к митрополиту Платону испросить благословение на особый подвиг юродства (мнимое безумие при полном здравии ума).

См. фильм здесь:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vC4TfjIg48w

Старица носила железные вериги, одевалась в рубашку толстого, неваляного сукна (власяницу), ходила босиком и зимой, голова ее была стриженая, иногда она обматывала ее тряпицей и надевала шапочку; на шее блаженная старица носила железную цепь и на груди – медный крест величиною около четверти.

однажды в келье у нее случился пожар, кто-то в отверстие окна, через которое впускала она ворона, бросил подоженный пук соломы, и келья загорелась.

Старица, тушивши пожар, вся обожглась, так что шесть недель лежала без движения и без всякого призрения; один ворон не оставлял ее, он приносил ей пищу и питие и влагал в уста. Об этом происшествии матушка сама рассказывала многим любившим ее, на любовь коих и она отвечала тем же, называя их или сынком, или дочкой.

Умерщвляя свою плоть, она, как агнец непорочный, смиренно переносила искушения и гонения и так достигла высокого духовного совершенства. Немногие уразумевали высоту и значение подвига блаженных, Христа ради юродивых при жизни, большая часть людей смеялась над ними, оскорбляла их словом и делом.

Но по смерти Господь прославил их особенными знамениями Своей чудодейственной силы.

Статья о Блаженной старице здесь http://www.pravenc.ru/text/187892.html или http://www.logoslovo.ru/forum/all/topic_4487/

« Last Edit: December 23, 2013, 11:02:39 PM by Fire-Bird2014 » Logged

Fire-Bird2014
Warned

Have Faith!

« Reply #33 on: December 24, 2013, 01:47:20 AM »

Frankly, I do not even know what to think about it. To me, it came as a great surprise .... the last Russian Tsar Mikhail Romanov spent 39 years in Solovetsky concentration camp (GULAG),  so-called Russian Golgotha. He became a miracle-maker, healed the sick ones, resurrected the dead. Есть свидетельсва, что тридцать девять лет провел Михаил II Романов в застенках сталинских концлагерей. Небо дало ему духовное имя: Серафим Умиленный – патриарх Соловецкий.

Соловки... Сегодня это одно из самых таинственных мест на земле, связанных не только с кровавой историей сталинизма, но и получившие название мистической столицы ГУЛАГа. Предание гласит, что еще в XVIII веке монаху Иисусу, жившему на острове Анзер Соловецкого Архипелага, во сне явилась Богородица и поведала о том, что это место будет названо Второй Голгофой: здесь прольются реки крови погибнут тысячи невинных душ.Одна из тайн Соловков – история Серафима Соловецкого, пожалуй, самой загадочной личности в истории XX столетия.

Серафим Соловецкий - последний русский царь

Старец Николай наставлял Михаила II: “Господь вверил тебе царство российское для его очищения слезами. Ключом покаяния омоется царство, их коронованные особы. Никакого другого венца, кроме покаянного, не нужно монаху. Прими от меня и ключ, и венец, и крест. Только плач о России спасет вверенное тебе истерзанное отечество. Плачь о царской династии, плачь о церкви, плачь о мире, плачь об усопших, плачь обо обольщенных и даже плачь о красных”.

В ГУЛАГе Серафима называли русским богом, ибо в нечеловеческих страданиях достиг ступени бессмертия и творил неслыханные чудеса, какие творил Сам Спаситель в земные дни.

Серафим вспоминает: "Отцы служили в дырявых ватниках, в промерзлых портках. На стеклянном море в сизых дымах слезами текла роса небесная, открывались небеса. В теле Христа возносился. Ни антиминсов у них, ни псалтырей. Рваная тряпочка да старая кепка вместо покровца. А вместо храмовой евхаристической чаши в руках владыки общепитовский грязный стакан с отколупнутым стеклянным краешком. Кому-то из незадачливых братьев зэков ударили металлической рукавицей палача, да так, что отколупался краешек стеклянного стакана.
Сверхъестественные дары давались – неслыханные. Встанешь утором, едва кожу отодрал от ледяной нары, воздел руки – и восхитился. Легко проходил через крышу. Огонь объял чело. Купина зажглась в сердце, и зачалась литургия соловецкая.
Трижды голым на мороз выгоняли. Замерзал в снегу и отогревался ангелами. И как радовался, когда чьи-нибудь дырявые носки одевал. Какая в них теплота была! Ни в одних шерстяных нет такой. Или ботинки с отлетевшими подметками...
Зато облек меня Господь в порфиру небесной любви. И жил я одной любовью – в другом теле. Я был как бы ангел живой, ходящий по земле сосуд Его любви. Господь даровал мне силу чудотворную, истинно царскую. И по моей молитве исцелялись и сопровождались в мир блаженный. От одного взгляда моего воскресали. Одним касанием руки приходили в чувство. Одним помазанием крестным приходили в блаженство, и одним движением руки восхищались вместе со мной к небесам.
За скорби, мною претерпленные, сподобился я дара. Владычица небесная не только приходила часто ко мне, но являлась почти ежедневно, где бы я ни был.
На Соловках Она стояла бессменно, всегда с закутанным Младенцем на руках. И с каждым убитым роняла слезы, прижимала его к сердцу, пеленала. И каждый из закланных казался мне этим ребенком на Ее небесных рученьках, покоящимся маленьким Христом. Богородица над Соловками стояла в голубом небесном облачении с белой или багряной лентой, перекинутой через плечо. Ребенок же маленький был завернут в белые пелены с головой. Царица нежно к сердцу прижимала беззащитное дитя, лаская и часто смотря на Него. Помимо меня Ее такою видели тысячи зэков соловецких. Я спросил однажды Божию Матерь, с глубокой скорбью смотревшей на меня: кто этот Младенец на Ее руках? И Она сказала: "Христос, страдающий во всех избитых".

MORE:
Господь и Божия Матерь неотлучно пребывали на Соловках среди мучеников. Приходили святые и ангелы. Наставляли, врачевали, укрепляли.
Давались преизобильные сверхъестественные дары: "Мог одновременно пребывать в двенадцати местах: ходить по воде, спускаться на дно моря, возноситься по воздухам, лежать на лютом морозе на обледенелых нарах и не замерзать, согреваясь сердечной свечою, созерцать Лик Господа и не нуждаться ни в ушанке, ни в дырявом ватнике. Свеча внутренняя грела, согревала. Тело казалось бесплотным.
Поднимали замерзших утопленников со дна Белого моря, проходили через льды и приставляли пакибытийную свечу к закоченевшим телам. Загорится - оживает усопший. Горячие слезы источаются из его просыпающихся глаз, и от этих слез теплота разливается по всему телу. И от теплоты воскресает. Никакими словами не описать то, что пережили мы на Соловках.
Свидетельствую, в миру не было нигде и никогда такой любви. Никогда среди невыносимых и нечеловеческих скорбей, среди бесчестий и несправедливости - свет не видывал, не изливалось столько неземной любви.
Какую любовь дал нам Господь среди каторжных трудов, среди молитв и ежедневной угрозы смерти, среди нескончаемых скорбей и слез! Любовью Его покрывались все кресты.

Соловецкая Голгофа - сумма всех страданий не только русского народа, но и всего человечества. Наш долг воздвигнуть на Соловках мемориал вселенской памяти мученикам ГУЛАГа.
О Серафиме еще напишут множество книг и житий. В его честь возведут храмы и обители. Создадут иконы и акафисты. Его именем исцелятся самые неизлечимые и обреченные.

http://gulag-solovki.blogspot.com/2008/10/blog-post.html

Ludmila Sadaeva свидетельствует.  

Людмила была келейницей отца Серафима и стала свидетелем того, как перед смертью старец открыл свою тайну духовным чадам сестре Анне и Марии, Вере Колюжной, Клавдии Хорохориной, поклявшись при этом на Святых Дарах.
Она открыла, что бывший архиепископ Серафим Соловецкий, умерший в 1971 году, является великим князем Михаилом Романовым и младшим братом последнего русского царя Николая II.

Судьба родного брата Николая II - великого князя Михаила Александровича - самая таинственная из всех Романовых. Михаил Александрович был последним русским императором, если считать царствованием неполные сутки со 2 на 3 марта 1917 года, когда Николай отрекся от престола в его пользу. Считается, что князя Михаила и его секретаря расстреляли 12 июня 1918 года под селом Мотовилиха Пермской губернии. Но их тела не были обнаружены. С тех пор следы Романова искали по всему миру, в особенности в Лондоне, куда эмигрировала его супруга Наталья Брасова.

More info here http://solovkymemorial.ru/tprcsv.htm
« Last Edit: December 24, 2013, 01:58:19 AM by Fire-Bird2014 » Logged

Gorazd
OC.net guru

« Reply #34 on: December 26, 2013, 12:46:20 AM »

Жар-птица, ты русская, или откуда ты? Почему ты не любишь украинцев?
mike
Stratopedarches

« Reply #35 on: December 26, 2013, 05:32:58 AM »

Почему ты не любишь украинцев?

Cheesy

Ніхто їх не любить. Ну, може бути, білоруси. Aле не всі, не скрізь і не завжди
« Last Edit: December 26, 2013, 05:35:03 AM by Michał Kalina » Logged

Byzantinism
no longer posting here
Fire-Bird2014
Warned

Have Faith!

« Reply #36 on: December 27, 2013, 09:51:55 PM »

Я люблю украинцев, но я не люблю тех, кто ненавидит русских. Мне странно не любить целый народ. У меня лучшие друзья из Киева, и любимый дядя УКРАИНЕЦ! Пожалуйста, простите меня, если где то вам показалось, что у меня проблема с украинцами, только с неонацистами из Львова (или Москвы) не все ли равно откуда они лезут, эти нехристи?!

Вопрос к Маику Калине. А вы кого любите? Я уже поняла, что мало кого Wink

Fire-Bird2014
Warned

Have Faith!

« Reply #37 on: December 27, 2013, 10:12:42 PM »

Никогда не слышала о Матроне Анемнясевской из Разанской области. Она напоминает Вангу тем, что была слепа, была инвалидом, пророчествовала и исцеляла... но на этом совпадения заканчиваются. Матрона из Рязани была православная и прославляла не себя, а Христа.

Подвиг ее святости сочетает в себе как пример необычайного терпения, поста и молитвы, так и образ исповедничества (святая была арестована в 1936 году и скончалась в заключении).

Одних она учила и наставляла, других обличала и раскрывала им их грехи и пороки, третьих ободряла и утешала в тяжелых обстоятельствах жизни, четвертых предупреждала, указывая последствия их ошибочного пути, стремлений и намерений, пятых исцеляла от болезней, и всех вместе старалась направить на путь истинной, богоугодной христианской жизни.

Очень иронично звучит характеристика данная ей большевиками  "Данная гр. является вредным элементом в деревне, она своей святостью сильно влияет на темную массу… Ввиду этого по с/с задерживается ход коллективизации". хаха

Слово СВЯТОСТЬ употребляется здесь без кавычек Smiley

http://www.pravoslavie.ru/put/sv/matrona.htm

Святая блаженная Матрона Анемнясевская в наши дни, как и 60 лет назад, подает благодатную помощь в ответ на молитвы. О современных чудесах по молитвам новопрославленной святой свидетельствует настоятель храма Сергий Правдолюбов и многие прихожане.

Фильм БЛАЖЕННЫЕ РАДИ ХРИСТА

http://pravfilms.ru/load/filmy/filmy_o_svjatykh/film_blazhennye_radi_khrista_smotret_onlajn/5-1-0-563
Ее история последняя из 4! фильм также расскажет о святой блаженной Ксении Петербургской, Матроны Московской и Матроны Анемнясевской.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2013, 10:13:40 PM by Fire-Bird2014 » Logged

mike
Stratopedarches

« Reply #38 on: December 28, 2013, 05:25:31 AM »

Вопрос к Маику Калине. А вы кого любите? Я уже поняла, что мало кого Wink

Никого.

Byzantinism
no longer posting here
Fire-Bird2014
Warned

Have Faith!

« Reply #39 on: December 29, 2013, 01:33:54 AM »

Ага, понятно. Сердитый ежик.  Cheesy

Вот интересный совет от Старца Варсонофия .... определить в себе самую сильную страсть, и с ней повести борьбу. Любой страсти соотвествует добродетель. Ее то и надо в себе развивать.

Chastity vs Lust, Temperance vs Gluttony, Charity vs Greed, Diligence vs Sloth, Patience vs Wrath, Kindness vs Envy, and Humility vs Pride.

Practicing virtues is said to protect one against temptation from the Seven deadly sins, each one having its counterpart.

ОПТИНСКИЙ СТАРЕЦ
Преподобный Варсонофий (Плиханков); 1845-1913

Преподобный Нектарий говорил о старце Варсонофий: "Из блестящего военного в одну ночь по соизволению Божию он стал великим старцем".

Во всем облике старца Варсонофия было что-то подобное великим пророкам или апостолам, отражавшим ярким светом славу Божию на себе.

Это был гигант духа. Без совета и благословения преподобного Варсонофия никто - даже настоятель монастыря отец Ксенофонт - ничего не делал. О его духовных качествах и великом обаянии, которое он имел на всех своих духовных чад, можно судить по краткому выражению из надгробного слова: "Гиганта малыми деревцами не заменишь".

Наставления старца Варсонофия

Приходит ко мне однажды мирской человек и спрашивает: "Как проходить путь Божий? Научите меня". Я задумался. Что ему сказать? А потом и говорю: "Вы читали Псалтирь?" - "Читал". - "Там сказано: Господь научит кроткия путем Своим (Пс.24,9).

Значит, прежде всего надо знать, что путям Господним учит Сам Господь, но учит не всех, а только тех, кто кроток, кто смиряется. Так вот и вы смиряйтесь, будьте кротки, и Господь вас не оставит и Сам научит, как проходить этот путь".

В миру редко кто знает об этой борьбе (со страстями. - Ред.}. На вопрос, как спастись, более благонамеренные отвечают, что надо молиться Богу для спасения, а будешь молиться - и спасешься. И не выходят из этого круга. А между тем молитва человека страстного не спасет его. Цель, единственная цель нашей жизни и заключается в том, чтобы искоренить страсти и заменить их противоположным - добродетелями. Начинать эту борьбу лучше всего так: хотя нам присущи все страсти, но одни в большей степени, другие в меньшей. Надо определить, какая страсть в нас господствует, и против нее вооружиться. Вести борьбу со всеми страстями сразу невозможно - задушат. Победив одну страсть, переходить к искоренению другой и т.д.

Человек, достигший бесстрастия, получает как бы диплом на право входа в Царство Небесное, делается собеседником Ангелов и святых. Человеку, не победившему страсти, невозможно быть в раю, его задержат на мытарствах. Но предположим, что он вошел в рай, однако остаться там не в состоянии, да и сам не захочет. Как тяжело человеку невоспитанному быть в благовоспитанном обществе, так и человеку страстному быть в обществе бесстрастных. Завистливый и в раю останется завистливым, гордый и на Небесах не сделается смиренным. Люди с противоположными взглядами не понимают друг друга и часто приносят вред.

http://lib.pravmir.ru/library/book/147

Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: