OrthodoxChristianity.net
July 29, 2014, 01:05:47 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: For Faithfulness (or Faith Generally)  (Read 643 times) Average Rating: 0
Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

Faith: refuse

« on: August 28, 2012, 02:34:03 AM »

The last several times I formally returned to the Church I ended up falling away again (by "formally" I mean I started communing/confessing again). Given my track record, my priest (and I) thought it a good idea for me to go through a period where I show some consistency in prayer and liturgy attendance. So I have been undergoing a process of being reconciled with the Church for a bit now, but am scheduled to go to confession and start communing again in September. I'm worried that I will fall away again though. I let small stuff get to me sometimes and it makes me depressed, and I basically just give up out of frustration or depression. Or, maybe, just lack of faith. Certainly lack of faithfulness. I know God has been nudging me for years now about this. Perhaps I need slapped sometimes, I dunno. I feel like I've been making slow but significant progress, especially over the past 2-3 years, and I don't want to screw it up again this time. So if you have a moment, could you say a prayer for me about all of this?

Justin

genesisone
Archon

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Antioch

« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2012, 07:43:57 AM »

Lord, have mercy.
Cyrillic
Merarches

« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2012, 11:25:56 AM »

I am praying for you, Asteriktos.

On a OC.net diet.
recent convert
Orthodox Chrisitan
Warned
OC.net guru

Faith: Christian
Jurisdiction: Antiochian (N.A.)

« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2012, 11:31:21 AM »

Lord, have mercy.

Antiochian OC N.A.
Opus118
Site Supporter
OC.net guru

« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2012, 11:37:53 AM »

I am praying for you as well Asteriktos
Hurdle

Jurisdiction: N/A

« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2012, 06:44:34 PM »

May Lord help you on your recovery, Asteriktos. Please also pray for me and my spiritual well-being.
Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

Faith: refuse

« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2012, 09:04:22 PM »

May Lord help you on your recovery, Asteriktos. Please also pray for me and my spiritual well-being.

Lord have mercy!

Maximum Bob
Archon

Faith: Catechumen
Jurisdiction: Antiochian

Personal Text? We can have personal text?

« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2012, 09:04:39 PM »

Lord have mercy on Asteriktos.

Prov. 3: 5-6 Trust in the Lord with all your heart, lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct your paths.
Psalm 37:23 The Lord guides a man safely in the way he should go.
Maximum Bob
Archon

« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2012, 09:05:36 PM »

Lord have mercy on Hurdle also.

Prov. 3: 5-6 Trust in the Lord with all your heart, lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct your paths.
bytania

Faith: oriental Orthodox/non-chalcedonian
Jurisdiction: Ethiopian Orthodox Tewahedo Archdiocese of North America

« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2012, 10:03:39 PM »

Lord have mercy! I think this is a reality that we all struggle with. May God help you become persistent and diligent in your faithfulness and overall spiritual life.

Do not want things to turn out as they seem best to you, but as God pleases. Then you will be free from confusion, and thankful in prayer.
~The Desert Fathers
katherine 2001
High Elder

Eastern Orthodox Church--Established in 33 A.D.

« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2012, 10:44:52 PM »

The last several times I formally returned to the Church I ended up falling away again (by "formally" I mean I started communing/confessing again). Given my track record, my priest (and I) thought it a good idea for me to go through a period where I show some consistency in prayer and liturgy attendance. So I have been undergoing a process of being reconciled with the Church for a bit now, but am scheduled to go to confession and start communing again in September. I'm worried that I will fall away again though. I let small stuff get to me sometimes and it makes me depressed, and I basically just give up out of frustration or depression. Or, maybe, just lack of faith. Certainly lack of faithfulness. I know God has been nudging me for years now about this. Perhaps I need slapped sometimes, I dunno. I feel like I've been making slow but significant progress, especially over the past 2-3 years, and I don't want to screw it up again this time. So if you have a moment, could you say a prayer for me about all of this?

Justin

Lord have mercy.  My thoughts and prayers are with you, Justin.  I get depression badly myself.  My worst time of the year is late autumn through the winter.  I really struggle with going to church during that time.  I have been depressed a lot lately though.  However, I have kept going to church this time and it has really made a difference.  Receiving the eucharist as much as you can is part of the healing process.  It took me 12 years to learn to go to church when I am depressed.  I am hoping that I will continue to do it during my worst time of the year.  I had a talk with my priest about my depression so he knows when  my worst time is.  I am even glad that I am working a graveyard shift at the present time so that I can make it to weekday liturgies and receive the eucharist more.  I will certainly say a prayer for you. 
marigold
High Elder

Faith: Greek Orthodox

« Reply #11 on: August 29, 2012, 08:52:21 AM »

Lord, have mercy on Your servants, Asteriktos and Hurdle.
IXOYE
Site Supporter
High Elder

« Reply #12 on: August 30, 2012, 07:42:50 PM »

Lord, have mercy!
minasoliman
Mr., Sir, Dude, Guy, Male, tr. Minas in Greek, Menes in white people Egyptologists :-P
Section Moderator
Merarches

Faith: Oriental Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Coptic Orthodox Archdiocese of North America

Strengthen O Lord the work of Your hands(Is 19:25)

« Reply #13 on: August 31, 2012, 12:53:43 AM »

Lord, have mercy.  May God grant patience, strength, and wisdom for the keeping of His faith for you and me both.

Vain existence can never exist, for \\\"unless the LORD builds the house, the builders labor in vain.\\\" (Psalm 127)

If the faith is unchanged and rock solid, then the gates of Hades never prevailed in the end.
Fotina02

« Reply #14 on: August 31, 2012, 10:21:08 AM »

Lord have mercy. Please pray for me and mine.
CatherineBrigid

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: ROCOR

@MamaKatOrr
« Reply #15 on: August 31, 2012, 10:43:55 AM »

Lord, have mercy.  May God grant patience, strength, and wisdom for the keeping of His faith for you and me both.

What ^ he said.....  prayers ongoing....

http://www.SNMOC.org
(St. Nicholas of Myra WR parish)

May the road rise up to meet you.
May the wind always be at your back.
May the sun shine warm upon your face,
the rain fall soft upon your fields
and until we meet again,
may God hold you in the palm of his han
GTAsoldier
Elder

Jurisdiction: God knows what lives in me in place of me....

GTAsoldier
« Reply #16 on: August 31, 2012, 01:15:36 PM »

Lord have mercy.

God be merciful to us sinners.

Quote from: IoanC
the best way of conveying God's love to people is through your own presence and deeds.
No longer posting on this forum. Thanks to all the helpful people who inspired me. God bless.
Cyrillic
Merarches

« Reply #17 on: September 15, 2012, 05:32:12 AM »

Lord, have mercy!

On a OC.net diet.
WeldeMikael
High Elder

Faith: Orthodox Christian

« Reply #18 on: September 15, 2012, 06:22:22 AM »

Lord have mercy.
Maximum Bob
Archon

« Reply #19 on: September 15, 2012, 11:06:44 PM »

Lord have mercy on Fotina also.

Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: