Author Topic: Priests duty  (Read 96 times)

Offline mikeforjesus

• OC.net guru
Priests duty
« on: June 09, 2015, 11:43:29 PM »
In genesis the serpent said you shall not surely die

The serpent lied. Though they did not die a spiritual death they did die a physical death which was what God was talking about.

The job of the prophet is to confirm that if we do not repent we shall die a spiritual death which the devil will try to convince people is not true. So priests are responsible. God will not send another priest or person to preach for him. He will require the blood of the deceived from the hand of the priest. I want to also comment on the orthodoxy without christ thread. Yes preaching is required from all but from experience and my mistakes I believe it is best only to be done if asked for non clergy. But the priest has the right to preach and I believe we should hold the priests responsible for not preaching. It is their job. I suppose however there are times even the priest need not preach if preaching has been done enough. Also not all priests should preach only those whom God has given the talent as mentioned in Ephesians 4:11. But pastors must warn their spiritual children of the danger of their sins

Ezekiel 3:18-19
18 When I say to the wicked, ‘You shall surely die,’ and you give him no warning, nor speak to warn the wicked from his wicked way, to save his life, that same wicked man shall die in his iniquity; but his blood I will require at your hand. 19 Yet, if you warn the wicked, and he does not turn from his wickedness, nor from his wicked way, he shall die in his iniquity; but you have delivered your soul.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2015, 11:48:42 PM by mikeforjesus »

Offline mikeforjesus

• OC.net guru
Re: Priests duty
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2015, 01:12:01 AM »
Actually maybe living a good life is the best way of preaching even for a priest. Let God draw people in. Otherwise the preacher can suffer harm physically or in some other way. But if one had the gift of preaching and cares not for loss of anything I don't know. Probably priests don't preach to protect their congregation from being persecuted and I don't know if that is right or wrong. I think it is right because the congregation will think themselves preachers and they will do a bad job and they should concentrate on helping the poor than preaching. Let that be their preaching. I guess we can't force our religion on others but people have to choose the good by themselves but we can preach here a little if done without sin. But what if non christians help the poor more than christians? but christians show more love

I feel judging others stops people from getting on with their life and giving them a fair chance to succeed in their career just as I want to
But Jesus preached even when people had careers. I believe it is important to preach but only some people are called to that role and have the gift
« Last Edit: June 10, 2015, 01:22:43 AM by mikeforjesus »

Offline mikeforjesus

• OC.net guru
Re: Priests duty
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2015, 01:38:34 AM »
Actually Paul says to Timothy the evangelist preach in season and out of season so people don't have apathy (not that they are excused for that apathy) and think they have an excuse to refuse God's invitation as in the parable of the great supper where people think they should not be stopped to think on the things of God if they have careers they must excel in but you have to have the gift. You don't need to be a member of the clergy if they support your preaching and think you have a gift I think. Thats why I think they ordained deacons. But to preach in and out of season you have to be a clergy with the gift perhaps
« Last Edit: June 10, 2015, 02:05:53 AM by mikeforjesus »