OrthodoxChristianity.net
October 25, 2014, 03:08:32 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Christian Boy Mutilated Killed  (Read 1346 times) Average Rating: 0
Zenovia
High Elder

Faith: Greek Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Archdiocese

« on: August 24, 2012, 10:00:42 AM »

With the hysteria over the arrest of a Christian girl with Down’s syndrome on a charge of blasphemy yet to blow over, the brutally tortured body of an 11-year-old Christian boy has been found in Pakistan’s Punjab province.

­The body of Samuel Yaqoob, was discovered with his lips and nose cut off, his stomach removed and his legs mutilated. According to police the body was later burned and could hardly be recognized.
Relatives identified the corpse from a distinctive mark on the boy’s forehead. Read on -

http://rt.com/news/boy-torture-pakistan-christian-440/
Cyrillic
Merarches

Cyrillico est imperare orbi universo

« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2012, 10:03:33 AM »

With the hysteria over the arrest of a Christian girl with Down’s syndrome on a charge of blasphemy yet to blow over, the brutally tortured body of an 11-year-old Christian boy has been found in Pakistan’s Punjab province.

­The body of Samuel Yaqoob, was discovered with his lips and nose cut off, his stomach removed and his legs mutilated. According to police the body was later burned and could hardly be recognized.
Relatives identified the corpse from a distinctive mark on the boy’s forehead. Read on -

But... but... those friendly-looking left-wing politicians told me Islam was the religion of peace.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2012, 10:05:47 AM by Cyrillic » Logged

"And the Devil did grin, for his darling sin
is pride that apes humility."
-Samuel Coleridge
HabteSelassie
Ises and I-ity
Archon

Faith: Oriental Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Ethiopian Orthodox Tewahedo Church

« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2012, 01:00:53 PM »

Greetings in that Divine and Most Precious Name of Our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ!

Lord have His mercy.. Cry

stay blessed,
habte selassie

"Yet stand aloof from stupid questionings and geneologies and strifes and fightings about law, for they are without benefit and vain." Titus 3:10
JamesR
Virginal Chicano Blood
Taxiarches

Faith: Eastern Orthodox (but doubtful)
Jurisdiction: Orthodox Church *of* America

St. Augustine of Hippo pray for me!

« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2012, 01:14:31 PM »

Another martyr Saint in paradise Smiley

You're really on to something here. Tattoo to keep you from masturbating, chew to keep you from fornicating... it's a whole new world where you outsource your crosses. You're like a Christian entrepreneur or something.
James, you have problemz.
HabteSelassie
Ises and I-ity
Archon

« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2012, 01:20:42 PM »

Greetings in that Divine and Most Precious Name of Our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ!

Literally, a hell of a way to get there Sad

stay blessed,
habte selassie

"Yet stand aloof from stupid questionings and geneologies and strifes and fightings about law, for they are without benefit and vain." Titus 3:10
WeldeMikael
High Elder

Faith: Orthodox Christian

« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2012, 01:23:18 PM »

Gruesome.

Lord have mercy !

Trebor135

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: ACROD

« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2012, 02:57:35 PM »

Oh. My. Heavens. This is absolutely appalling.

Lord have mercy.

The sheer viciousness of the murder makes me wonder if attaining the exaulted status of a martyr was really worth it for this dear kid.

Kyrie eleison. Gospodie pomilui. Yā Rabbu irḥam.

ialmisry
There's nothing John of Damascus can't answer
Warned
Hypatos

Faith: جامعي Arab confesssing the Orthodox Faith of the One, Holy, Catholic and Apostolic Church
Jurisdiction: Antioch (for now), but my heart belongs to Alexandria

« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2012, 03:29:31 PM »

Lord have mercy!

animals.

Question a friend, perhaps he did not do it; but if he did anything so that he may do it no more.
A hasty quarrel kindles fire,
and urgent strife sheds blood.
If you blow on a spark, it will glow;
if you spit on it, it will be put out;
                           and both come out of your mouth
Zenovia
High Elder

« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2012, 04:02:59 PM »

Oh. My. Heavens. This is absolutely appalling.

Lord have mercy.

The sheer viciousness of the murder makes me wonder if attaining the exaulted status of a martyr was really worth it for this dear kid.

Kyrie eleison. Gospodie pomilui. Yā Rabbu irḥam.

A martyr is someone that dies willingly for his faith, and I doubt this poor boy did, but he is a child and therefore sinless and there is a special place in paradise for children.  angel
Agia Marina
Site Supporter
Elder

Jurisdiction: OCA, Bulgarian Diocese

St. Marina of Antioch

« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2012, 04:06:49 PM »

Lord, have mercy!

Not even children have a pass with these barbarians.  Cry

“When I have a little money I buy books; and if any is left, I buy food and clothes.” - Erasmus

"God became man so that man might become a god." ~St. Athanasius the Great

Poster formerly known as EVOO.
Zenovia
High Elder

« Reply #10 on: August 24, 2012, 04:12:36 PM »

Lord have mercy!

animals.

Hopefully Islam will self destruct, not only because of what it does to non Muslims, but because it suppress' its own people as well.  It's a religion of hatreds and revenge, which makes it the antithesis of Christianity where the peace of the Holy Spirit overcomes passion. angel 
dzheremi
No longer posting here.
Warned
Protokentarchos

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Coptic

« Reply #11 on: August 24, 2012, 04:37:33 PM »

Lord have mercy on the boy, and all the suffering Christians of Pakistan. As to the perpetrators of this inhuman atrocity, blessed is He who will repay them as they have treated us. May they repent and be spared.

GTAsoldier
Elder

Faith: Christian
Jurisdiction: God knows what lives in me in place of me....

GTAsoldier
« Reply #12 on: August 24, 2012, 05:05:14 PM »

Lord have mercy

God be merciful to us sinners.

Quote from: IoanC
the best way of conveying God's love to people is through your own presence and deeds.
No longer posting on this forum. Thanks to all the helpful people who inspired me. God bless.
Αριστοκλής
Merarches

Faith: Orthodox Catholic
Jurisdiction: American Carpatho-Russian Orthodox Diocese

« Reply #13 on: August 24, 2012, 05:24:30 PM »

Lord have mercy!

animals.

Lord have mercy

On this child and even those who murdered him, the plague on humanity that they are notwithstanding.

"Religion is a neurobiological illness and Orthodoxy is its cure." - Fr. John S. Romanides
JamesRottnek
Protokentarchos

Faith: Anglican
Jurisdiction: Episcopal Diocese of Arizona

I am Bibleman; putting 'the' back in the Ukraine

« Reply #14 on: August 24, 2012, 06:07:42 PM »

Can no one on this forum ever just feel sorrow at the sins of the world, and the horrible sufferings people experience, instead of feeling hatred toward other human beings - who have the image of God in them, and are most certainly not animals.

I know a secret about a former Supreme Court Justice.  Can you guess what it is?

The greatest tragedy in the world is when a cigarette ends.

American Spirits - the eco-friendly cigarette.

Preston Robert Kinney (September 8th, 1997-August 14, 2011
PeterTheAleut
The Right Blowhard Peter the Furtive of Yetts O'Muckhart
Section Moderator
Protospatharios

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: OCA

Lord, have mercy on the Christians in Mosul!

« Reply #15 on: August 24, 2012, 06:09:14 PM »

Can no one on this forum ever just feel sorrow at the sins of the world, and the horrible sufferings people experience, instead of feeling hatred toward other human beings - who have the image of God in them, and are most certainly not animals.
What thread are you reading? Huh
« Last Edit: August 24, 2012, 06:09:21 PM by PeterTheAleut » Logged
vamrat
Vamratoraptor
Taxiarches

Faith: Serbian Orthodox
Jurisdiction: New Gracanica

« Reply #16 on: August 24, 2012, 06:12:23 PM »

That's the biggest insult of all, the mockery of God's image that these animalistic actions represent.
dzheremi
No longer posting here.
Warned
Protokentarchos

Jurisdiction: Coptic

« Reply #17 on: August 24, 2012, 06:29:46 PM »

Can no one on this forum whose name is JamesRottnek just comment on the situation discussed in this thread without turning the negative reaction towards the murderers into some kind of litmus test of our Christianity? Is it wrong to react negatively to the news of the mutilation and murder of a young child? Christ Jesus told us that it would be better for any who lead the young astray to be thrown into the sea, so how much worse will unrepentant child-murderers have it?

Again, may they repent and be spared, because I don't see how any appeal to the humanity that they long ago abandoned in favor of killing God's children will lessen the punishment that they will receive in the hereafter. To simply appeal to humanity...well, everyone who is in hell was also created in the image of God, weren't they? Our actions matter, murder is wrong, and God is both merciful and just.

Shiranui117
Formerly known as "Wandering Sheep"

Faith: Orthodox (Inquirer)
Jurisdiction: ACROD/OCA

PUDDI PUDDI!

« Reply #18 on: August 24, 2012, 06:33:05 PM »

Dear God, this will stay with me for a while. May God give rest to the soul of His servant, and erase his anguish and wipe away his every tear.
Cantor Krishnich
High Elder

Faith: Eastern Orthodox Christianity
Jurisdiction: Pan-Orthodox Christianity

Mar Ahmed the Daftadar

« Reply #19 on: August 24, 2012, 07:04:05 PM »

As a Punjabi and an Orthodox Church, this hurts me extra.
اللہ رحم کر!
Lord Have Mercy!

Most Holy Theotokos, Save Us!
Lord Jesus Christ, Son of God, Have Mercy Upon Me a Sinner!
Zenovia
High Elder

« Reply #20 on: August 24, 2012, 07:18:51 PM »

That's the biggest insult of all, the mockery of God's image that these animalistic actions represent.

Actually calling them animals is an insult to animals since animals have no sins.  They merely react according to their physical needs.  No one knows though, when a 'spirit' of evil permeates the air what people are capable of doing, and without a doubt it's alive and well in that part of the world.  Anyway these things are conceived and planned in Islam so Christians will get up and leave.  There is no difference in what goes on now, than what went  on at the beginning of the last century in Anatolia, right before the mass genocides and deportations.   

In Egypt, the police have been delaying responses to Christians when they're being attacked, in the same way they were doing in Turkey so that the Christians would get up and leave.  In one recent case, the police car ran over some Christians protesting the burning of their church.  This doesn't mean that Muslims of different sects aren't being attacked as well, but Christians tend to be the perfect scapegoats.  I have been told it's because Christians are wealthier, and for that reason they call themselves the Jews of Egypt.   

I did read an article by someone who studied the situation and compared it to Germany before WWII.  He said the Copts better get out of there, but as they say where to?  There are ten million Copts and Egypt is their country, they have no other one.  What nation is going to take in ten million people?  All the Copts  have is their prayers, and that's exactly what they do; they pray.   angel
Maximum Bob
Archon

Jurisdiction: Antiochian

Personal Text? We can have personal text?

« Reply #21 on: August 24, 2012, 07:38:11 PM »

Lord have mercy, Lord have mercy, Lord have mercy.  Cry

AS MANY OF YOU AS HAVE BEEN BAPTIZED INTO CHRIST HAVE PUT ON CHRIST, ALLELEUIA
Timon
OC.net guru

Jurisdiction: OCA

« Reply #22 on: August 24, 2012, 09:48:11 PM »

Lord have mercy. Could barely finish reading the article.

Even if we have thousands of acts of great virtue to our credit, our confidence in being heard must be based on God's mercy and His love for men. Even if we stand at the very summit of virtue, it is by mercy that we shall be saved.

— Chrysostom

BLOG
HabteSelassie
Ises and I-ity
Archon

« Reply #23 on: August 24, 2012, 10:02:48 PM »

Lord have mercy. Could barely finish reading the article.

You're a braver man than me, I didn't even try Sad

stay blessed,
habte selassie

Shiny
Site Supporter
Moderated
Toumarches

Faith: Groucho Marxist
Jurisdiction: Dahntahn Stoop Haus

Paint It Red

« Reply #24 on: August 24, 2012, 10:19:03 PM »

Even a little more harrowing that I was listening to Lou Reed's The Blue Mask while reading this.

“There is your brother, naked, crying, and you stand there confused over the choice of an attractive floor covering.”

– St. Ambrose of Milan
Nikolaostheservant
High Elder

Faith: greek orthodox
Jurisdiction: christian

« Reply #25 on: August 24, 2012, 10:48:59 PM »

Bad Word - muslims and
Bad Word   - islam the religion of peace

God forgive me

Whats wrong with them.

Why are they so threatened by Christians.

Don't they have any compassion, feelings, any conscience?

This is an 11 year old child they did that to.

WT Bad Word

You have been warned for 14 days, for vulgar language.

Please make sure to be in adherence with the new rule.
http://www.orthodoxchristianity.net/forum/index.php/topic,46905.0.html

-Serb1389. General Fora Moderator

« Last Edit: September 11, 2012, 11:12:16 PM by serb1389 » Logged
Shiny
Site Supporter
Moderated
Toumarches

Paint It Red

« Reply #26 on: August 25, 2012, 12:11:17 AM »

The problem is you have many Muslims who will say this is not Islam.

“There is your brother, naked, crying, and you stand there confused over the choice of an attractive floor covering.”

– St. Ambrose of Milan
Zenovia
High Elder

« Reply #27 on: August 25, 2012, 12:47:44 AM »

F - muslims and
F - islam the religion of peace

God forgive me

Whats wrong with them.

Why are they so threatened by Christians.

Don't they have any compassion, feelings, any conscience?

This is an 11 year old child they did that to.

WTF

I was thinking about this, and recalled that the Pakistani government complained to Greece about the illegals being sent back to them.  Pakistan  doesn't want them back, so attacking a Christian child to force Christians to leave Pakistan, might be in retaliation.  I guess its an Islamic tit for tat.  Islamists have a history of retaliating on people that have no connection with their grievances.  

The Pakistanis are being persecuted in Greece since the people are suffering and  can't feed the half million illegals.  They've been taking their anger out on them for having contributed to the situation.  In return, the Pakis are now killing the people they rob, which of course makes the Greeks angrier.   Angry

« Last Edit: August 25, 2012, 12:57:49 AM by Zenovia » Logged
Zenovia
High Elder

« Reply #28 on: August 25, 2012, 12:56:48 AM »

When they say these things, and when they make remarks about certain Christians like Hagee, just tell them that you have yet to see Christians coming out of a church screaming death to this one or to that one.  Sad
Cognomen
Site Supporter
OC.net guru

Faith: Orthodox Catholic
Jurisdiction: Phyletism Rules, OK

Ungrateful Biped

« Reply #29 on: August 25, 2012, 04:55:05 AM »

I just want to throw this out there, but the religion of this boy may not have been the reason.  It is believed that he was raped and then murdered to cover up the crime.  This happens surprisingly often.  Usually to poor children, some of whom are Christian. 

I'm not saying that this was not the reason, only that the "evidence" is somewhat lacking at the moment.  The linked RT article drew very few concrete connections between the crime and the boy's faith, but simply used the backdrop of the recent blasphemy case to draw parallels.  In my opinion, irresponsible journalism.

Regardless, appalling crime.  Lord have mercy!

North American Eastern Orthodox Parish Council Delegate for the Canonization of Saints Twin Towers and Pentagon, as well as the Propagation of the Doctrine of the Assumption of Malaysia Airlines Flight MH370 (NAEOPCDCSTTPPDAMAFM®).
Rdunbar123

Jurisdiction: Antiochian

« Reply #30 on: August 25, 2012, 07:44:05 AM »

Lord have mercy!

Islam the religion of pieces

Pieces of bombs
Pieces of children
Pieces of women
Pieces of men
Pieces of Christians
pieces of Muslims
pieces of Jews
Pieces of your family

Nephi
Monster Tamer
Section Moderator
Protokentarchos

Faith: Non-Chalcedonian Byzantine
Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Church of Antioch

« Reply #31 on: August 25, 2012, 09:34:31 AM »

Which is completely absurd.
recent convert
Orthodox Chrisitan
OC.net guru

Faith: Christian
Jurisdiction: Antiochian (N.A.)

« Reply #32 on: August 25, 2012, 09:43:32 AM »

Lord have mercy!      Psalm 7:9

New King James Version (NKJV)

9 Oh, let the wickedness of the wicked come to an end,
But establish the just;
For the righteous God tests the hearts and minds.

Antiochian OC N.A.
psalm110
Elder

Faith: Christianity
Jurisdiction: Orthodox

Orthodox Christian

« Reply #33 on: August 25, 2012, 09:50:37 AM »

Lord Jesus Christ have Mercy.
Zenovia
High Elder

« Reply #34 on: August 25, 2012, 12:40:15 PM »

I just want to throw this out there, but the religion of this boy may not have been the reason.  It is believed that he was raped and then murdered to cover up the crime.  This happens surprisingly often.  Usually to poor children, some of whom are Christian.  

I'm not saying that this was not the reason, only that the "evidence" is somewhat lacking at the moment.  The linked RT article drew very few concrete connections between the crime and the boy's faith, but simply used the backdrop of the recent blasphemy case to draw parallels.  In my opinion, irresponsible journalism.

Regardless, appalling crime.  Lord have mercy!

People living in an area usually have an idea of what's going on, and the Christians there are starting to leave...as they did in Iraq, parts of Palestine and Egypt, as well as other places in the Middle East where Christians have been attacked.  I can understand though why these things are not mentioned more in the Western press, since it does encourage hate crimes.  It's unfortunate that the press in that part of the world, doesn't have the same ethics and standards.   Angry
« Last Edit: August 25, 2012, 12:40:51 PM by Zenovia » Logged
Cantor Krishnich
High Elder

Mar Ahmed the Daftadar

« Reply #35 on: August 25, 2012, 03:11:16 PM »

I just want to throw this out there, but the religion of this boy may not have been the reason.  It is believed that he was raped and then murdered to cover up the crime.  This happens surprisingly often.  Usually to poor children, some of whom are Christian.  

I'm not saying that this was not the reason, only that the "evidence" is somewhat lacking at the moment.  The linked RT article drew very few concrete connections between the crime and the boy's faith, but simply used the backdrop of the recent blasphemy case to draw parallels.  In my opinion, irresponsible journalism.

Regardless, appalling crime.  Lord have mercy!

People living in an area usually have an idea of what's going on, and the Christians there are starting to leave...as they did in Iraq, parts of Palestine and Egypt, as well as other places in the Middle East where Christians have been attacked.  I can understand though why these things are not mentioned more in the Western press, since it does encourage hate crimes.  It's unfortunate that the press in that part of the world, doesn't have the same ethics and standards.   Angry

The Western press doesn't mention these things because the West has a confusing history of supporting the Islamists as you can see in the recent "revolutions" that have been popping up everywhere in the Middle East. The main reason why Christians are leaving Palestine is because of Zionist persecution. Before the fall of Hussein and the Egyptian Revolution, the relationship between Christians and Muslims was somewhat normal.

Shiny
Site Supporter
Moderated
Toumarches

Paint It Red

« Reply #36 on: August 25, 2012, 05:03:17 PM »

Lord have mercy!

Islam the religion of pieces

Pieces of bombs
Pieces of children
Pieces of women
Pieces of men
Pieces of Christians
pieces of Muslims
pieces of Jews
Pieces of your family

Genuine LOL.

– St. Ambrose of Milan
Nephi
Monster Tamer
Section Moderator
Protokentarchos

« Reply #37 on: August 26, 2012, 12:34:57 AM »

Before the fall of Hussein and the Egyptian Revolution, the relationship between Christians and Muslims was somewhat normal.

No. While recent events may have help fan the fires in the Middle East, they by no means created them.

An example from Egypt about a couple years before September 11th, and several years before having entered Iraq:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kosheh_Massacres
vamrat
Vamratoraptor
Taxiarches

Faith: Serbian Orthodox
Jurisdiction: New Gracanica

« Reply #38 on: August 26, 2012, 01:23:11 AM »

Before the fall of Hussein and the Egyptian Revolution, the relationship between Christians and Muslims was somewhat normal.

No. While recent events may have help fan the fires in the Middle East, they by no means created them.

An example from Egypt about a couple years before September 11th, and several years before having entered Iraq:

He does have a point, though.  Men such as Hussein and Assad protected/protect the Christians in their countries.  May God have mercy on the soul of Saddam, and may He grant Assad many victories.
Nephi
Monster Tamer
Section Moderator
Protokentarchos

« Reply #39 on: August 26, 2012, 05:58:31 PM »

He does have a point, though.  Men such as Hussein and Assad protected/protect the Christians in their countries.  May God have mercy on the soul of Saddam, and may He grant Assad many victories.
The Christian-Muslim relations still could not have been called "somewhat normal," even with the tyrants suppressing the Islamists.
HabteSelassie
Ises and I-ity
Archon

« Reply #40 on: August 26, 2012, 06:15:48 PM »

He does have a point, though.  Men such as Hussein and Assad protected/protect the Christians in their countries.  May God have mercy on the soul of Saddam, and may He grant Assad many victories.
The Christian-Muslim relations still could not have been called "somewhat normal," even with the tyrants suppressing the Islamists.

Exactly. However these things are complicated by the day to day conditions.  Folks want to find security and stability, even at the cost of others security, because in all actuality, in life under despotism all bets are off Sad

stay blessed,
habte selassie
« Last Edit: August 26, 2012, 06:16:49 PM by HabteSelassie » Logged

Cantor Krishnich
High Elder

Mar Ahmed the Daftadar

« Reply #41 on: August 26, 2012, 07:26:51 PM »

Yes...I agree! I didn't say that these events created/started the attacks on Christians. But if you look at history, the really hard persecutions on the Copts didnt start till the early 80s (which I think is still fairly modern). If we were to go back in time...before the 70s, Christians and Muslims probably lived together in a SOMEWHAT peaceful situation. 

Michael36

Jurisdiction: Romanian Episcopate (OCA)

« Reply #42 on: August 26, 2012, 07:37:43 PM »

Lord have mercy!

animals.
Lord have mercy!

I get what you're saying with the "animals" comment, but it's a societal problem of cognitive dissonance to call someone an "animal" or a "monster" when they do something evil. It's a way to put those people outside of human nature so people don't have to face up to the truth that we are all capable of great evil. Those people are made in the image of God just as their victim is. Lord have mercy on them and may this new martyr pray for us.
Tags: persecution Islam 
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: