OrthodoxChristianity.net
December 18, 2014, 10:35:41 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Prayer for Shyness  (Read 2482 times) Average Rating: 0
JamesR
Virginal Chicano Blood
Warned
Taxiarches

Faith: Eastern Orthodox (but doubtful)
Jurisdiction: Orthodox Church *of* America

St. Augustine of Hippo pray for me!

« on: August 23, 2012, 02:43:07 AM »

I'd like to ask for your prayers that I will stop being so shy and have an easier time being around people--especially females. I find that I have a REALLY difficult time socializing and meeting people; even family. Like, if I have relatives visiting, I'll spend hours alone in my room if I have to until they leave, just so that I could avoid the ackwardness of introducing myself to them. I know that it comes off as rude, but there really is no malicious intent. I have nothing against many of these people, I'm just shy.

I have a hard time around anyone other than my closest friends, and even then, I have a hard time around my female closest friends simply because they are females and I'm a socially ackward teenage boy with hormones. I have hardest time around females and can barely even keep eye contact for longer than a couple seconds and often just give one word answers and come off as rude when they are trying to socialize with me. I'll never find a wife in the future if I keep this up.

Please pray that I can overcome my social ackwardness and stop being so shy.

You're really on to something here. Tattoo to keep you from masturbating, chew to keep you from fornicating... it's a whole new world where you outsource your crosses. You're like a Christian entrepreneur or something.
James, you have problemz.
Cyrillic
Warned
Merarches

Cyrillico est imperare orbi universo

« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2012, 04:00:04 AM »

I'd like to ask for your prayers that I will stop being so shy and have an easier time being around people--especially females. I find that I have a REALLY difficult time socializing and meeting people; even family. Like, if I have relatives visiting, I'll spend hours alone in my room if I have to until they leave, just so that I could avoid the ackwardness of introducing myself to them. I know that it comes off as rude, but there really is no malicious intent. I have nothing against many of these people, I'm just shy.

I have a hard time around anyone other than my closest friends, and even then, I have a hard time around my female closest friends simply because they are females and I'm a socially ackward teenage boy with hormones. I have hardest time around females and can barely even keep eye contact for longer than a couple seconds and often just give one word answers and come off as rude when they are trying to socialize with me. I'll never find a wife in the future if I keep this up.

I have EXACTLY the same thing. I guess (hope) that it's just the age, but I have had this for as long as I can remember.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2012, 04:02:06 AM by Cyrillic » Logged

"Claret is the liquor for boys; port for men; but he who aspires to be a hero must drink brandy."
-Dr. Samuel Johnson
Pan Michał
Elder

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: The Polish Autocephalous Orthodox Church

« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2012, 06:22:18 AM »

I'd like to ask for your prayers that I will stop being so shy and have an easier time being around people--especially females.

Hey, girls at your age like that kind of men, don't change it, it's more cool than loud macho. Great chance that when you'll get older you'll be confident with shy appearance, and women like it. In fact, most of people on earth like it, regardless of sex and age.

I find that I have a REALLY difficult time socializing and meeting people; even family. Like, if I have relatives visiting, I'll spend hours alone in my room if I have to until they leave, just so that I could avoid the ackwardness of introducing myself to them. I know that it comes off as rude, but there really is no malicious intent. I have nothing against many of these people, I'm just shy.

Perfectly normal, and if members of your family were teenagers (and there's great chance they were) they won't see it as being rude. It takes just time. When I was 16 I was afraid of making it out with a girl interested in me, now I am afraid whether neighbours will or won't call the police because of strange assumption that 2 a.m. is not a good time for death-metal, booze and guns party. Wink

I have a hard time around anyone other than my closest friends, and even then, I have a hard time around my female closest friends simply because they are females and I'm a socially ackward teenage boy with hormones.

The best solution is to be shy in their company. It'll change in time.

I have hardest time around females and can barely even keep eye contact for longer than a couple seconds and often just give one word answers and come off as rude when they are trying to socialize with me. I'll never find a wife in the future if I keep this up.

It all sounds like Harrison Ford in childhood, so I see scoundrel future before you Wink. I'm serious. Don't worry about it.

My good man, may I paste a link from an article made by a woman http://spinsterchronicles.wordpress.com/2007/09/11/shy-men/

I have EXACTLY the same thing. I guess (hope) that it's just the age, but I have had this for as long as I can remember.

So all of the above applies to you too Wink
« Last Edit: August 23, 2012, 06:27:45 AM by Pan Michał » Logged
GTAsoldier
Elder

Faith: Christian
Jurisdiction: God knows what lives in me in place of me....

GTAsoldier
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2012, 11:03:21 AM »

Lord have mercy.

I feel the same way you do, bro. I've had to struggle with this since middle school and it's discouraging even till now when I'm about to start junior year in college.

God be with us.

- Jade

God be merciful to us sinners.

Quote from: IoanC
the best way of conveying God's love to people is through your own presence and deeds.
No longer posting on this forum. Thanks to all the helpful people who inspired me. God bless.
PeterTheAleut
The Right Blowhard Peter the Furtive of Yetts O'Muckhart
Section Moderator
Protospatharios

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: OCA

Lord, have mercy on the Christians in Mosul!

« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2012, 11:16:03 AM »

This is a request for prayer, not for advice or commiseration. If you wish to offer anything but prayer, please start a thread on another board so we can keep the Prayer Forum devoted to prayer. Thank you.
Pan Michał
Elder

Jurisdiction: The Polish Autocephalous Orthodox Church

« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2012, 11:41:08 AM »

This is a request for prayer, not for advice or commiseration. If you wish to offer anything but prayer, please start a thread on another board so we can keep the Prayer Forum devoted to prayer. Thank you.

Ok, sorry, just wanted to help. Over and out.
LizaSymonenko
Слава Ісусу Христу!!! Glory to Jesus Christ!!!
Global Moderator
Toumarches

Faith: God's Holy Catholic and Apostolic Orthodox Church
Jurisdiction: Ukrainian Orthodox Church of the U.S.A.

« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2012, 12:08:56 PM »

May the Lord be merciful to James and give him the strength, and assurance he needs to be confident in himself.

Conquer evil men by your gentle kindness, and make zealous men wonder at your goodness. Put the lover of legality to shame by your compassion. With the afflicted be afflicted in mind. Love all men, but keep distant from all men.
—St. Isaac of Syria
Maximum Bob
Archon

Jurisdiction: Antiochian

Personal Text? We can have personal text?

« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2012, 09:25:08 PM »

Lord have mercy on James and Cyrillic.

Psalm 37:23 The Lord guides a man safely in the way he should go.

Prov. 3: 5-6 Trust in the Lord with all your heart, lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will direct your paths.
Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2012, 09:31:54 PM »

Lord have mercy!
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: