Poll

Who is the best hard rock/heavy metal band in your opinion?

Led Zeppelin
14 (30.4%)
Black Sabbath
7 (15.2%)
Judas Priest
0 (0%)
Iron Maiden
3 (6.5%)
Metallica
1 (2.2%)
Megadeth
1 (2.2%)
Dio
0 (0%)
Saxon
0 (0%)
Motorhead
2 (4.3%)
Dokken
0 (0%)
Queensryche
1 (2.2%)
Helloween
0 (0%)
Gamma Ray
0 (0%)
In Flames
0 (0%)
Nightwish
0 (0%)
Kalmah
1 (2.2%)
Children of Bodom
0 (0%)
Rage Against the Machine
2 (4.3%)
Ozzy Osbourne
0 (0%)
Rush
5 (10.9%)
Other
9 (19.6%)

Total Members Voted: 29

Author Topic: Best hard rock/heavy metal band  (Read 17226 times)

Offline Iconodule

• Toumarches
  • Faith: Orthodox Christian
  • Jurisdiction: Ecumenical Patriarchate (ACROD)
Re: Best hard rock/heavy metal band
« Reply #90 on: February 23, 2013, 04:45:20 PM »
Turisas are very enjoyable but they're a bit superficial. I listen to, say, a Summoning album for hours and not grow tired of it. With Turisas, I can get pumped up with "March of the Varangian Guard" maybe once every 2 months.
But it had not been in Tess's power - nor is it in anybody's power - to feel the whole truth of golden opinions while it is possible to profit by them. She - and how many more - might have ironically said to God with Saint Augustine, "Thou hast counselled a better course than thou hast permitted."
Thomas Hardy, Tess of the D'Urbervilles

Offline Asteriktos

• Hypatos
« Reply #91 on: February 23, 2013, 04:45:28 PM »
Just a side note... I'm not really a Soundgarden fan, but I like some of their stuff. Never understood why "Black Hole Sun" was a bigger hit than "Fell On Black Days" which I love:

I am sort of in a similar situation. Superunknown was the only album by them that I really liked, but it remains one of my favorite rock albums to this day. I also thought Black Hole Sun was one of the weaker tracks on the album. *shrugs*

Mastodon
AAAAAAAW YEAH. \m/(>_<)\M/

LOL, fwiw, I've made some fanboyish posts in support of them on the forum over the years  ;D
"The soul is dyed the color of its thoughts. Think only on those things that are in line with your principles and can bear the light of day. The content of your character is your choice. Day by day, what you do is who you become. Your integrity is your destiny--it is the light that guides your way." - Heraclitus

Offline Iconodule

• Toumarches
  • Faith: Orthodox Christian
  • Jurisdiction: Ecumenical Patriarchate (ACROD)
« Reply #92 on: February 23, 2013, 04:47:47 PM »
I've occasionally heard things from Mastodon that I liked, but they generally get a "meh" from me. The music doesn't live up to the cover-art. Also, I can't forgive them for making such a lame video for "Blood and Thunder.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2013, 04:47:59 PM by Iconodule »
But it had not been in Tess's power - nor is it in anybody's power - to feel the whole truth of golden opinions while it is possible to profit by them. She - and how many more - might have ironically said to God with Saint Augustine, "Thou hast counselled a better course than thou hast permitted."
Thomas Hardy, Tess of the D'Urbervilles