OrthodoxChristianity.net
August 21, 2014, 04:37:39 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Prayers for Knowledge/Wisdom?  (Read 250 times) Average Rating: 0
JamesR
Virginal Chicano Blood
Protokentarchos

Faith: On-n-Off
Jurisdiction: OCA (the only truly Canonical American Orthodox Church)

St. Augustine of Hippo pray for me!

« on: August 18, 2012, 02:34:59 AM »

Some prayers would be nice that I will grow into an intelligent, knowledgable adult full of wisdom would be much appreciated. After some self-examination, I've figured that maybe I do not have it all figured out--although, I still disagree with many people on here about a lot of things. I don't know what is right or who has all the answers, but pray that I will learn the truth and become wise some day Cheesy

Thanks

You're really on to something here. Tattoo to keep you from masturbating, chew to keep you from fornicating... it's a whole new world where you outsource your crosses. You're like a Christian entrepreneur or something.
James, you have problemz.
Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2012, 02:35:46 AM »

Lord have mercy!

I would strongly recommend Orthodoxy and the Religion of the Future by Fr Seraphim Rose.
Punch
Protokentarchos

Faith: Christian
Jurisdiction: Body of Christ

« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2012, 09:00:14 AM »

Some prayers would be nice that I will grow into an intelligent, knowledgable adult full of wisdom would be much appreciated. After some self-examination, I've figured that maybe I do not have it all figured out--although, I still disagree with many people on here about a lot of things. I don't know what is right or who has all the answers, but pray that I will learn the truth and become wise some day Cheesy

Thanks

I will pray, but it really does no good if God has already answered your prayers and you refuse to listen.  As you pray, ponder on the fact that we were given two ears and only one mouth.  And no, you are not alone.  Those of us that are honest will freely admit that at one time we were young and knew everything.  It was a lot of people praying for us that brought us through.  Wisdom comes from above, and from others.  We seldom grow wise on our own.  It is good that you realize this and have asked for our unworthy prayers.  It is the first step to true Wisdom. 

Orthodox only because of God and His Russians.
kevlev
Site Supporter

Faith: Orthodox Catholic Christian (Catechumen)
Jurisdiction: American Carpatho-Russian Orthodox Diocese

Lord have mercy

« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2012, 02:45:18 PM »

Thanks

I will pray, but it really does no good if God has already answered your prayers and you refuse to listen.  As you pray, ponder on the fact that we were given two ears and only one mouth.  And no, you are not alone.  Those of us that are honest will freely admit that at one time we were young and knew everything.  It was a lot of people praying for us that brought us through.  Wisdom comes from above, and from others.  We seldom grow wise on our own.  It is good that you realize this and have asked for our unworthy prayers.  It is the first step to true Wisdom. 

Advice definitely worth taking, JamesR.
Also, maybe you should try to focus, first and foremost, on loving and worshiping Christ rather than longing after any fruit.

May our Lord and Savior, through the prayers of His most holy Mother and all of the Saints, have mercy upon you!

From my youth have many passions warred against me, but do Thou Thyself defend and save me, O Saviour.
Maximum Bob
Archon

Faith: Catechumen
Jurisdiction: Antiochian

Personal Text? We can have personal text?

« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2012, 03:13:03 PM »

Lord have mercy.

Prov. 3: 5-6 Trust in the Lord with all your heart, lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct your paths.
Psalm 37:23 The Lord guides a man safely in the way he should go.
marigold
OC.net guru

Faith: Greek Orthodox

« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2012, 05:43:54 PM »

Lord, have mercy on JamesR.
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: