Author Topic: Grieving Parents  (Read 857 times)

Offline YankeeLady

• OC.net
Grieving Parents
« on: December 03, 2004, 11:45:39 AM »
Please pray for my friends Doris and Tom and their family.  I found out earlier this week that their son Nathaniel, 17 years old, committed suicide on November 5.  They are very concerned and involved parents and their boy gave them no indication that anything was wrong in his life.  Unfortunately now Mom and Dad (especially Dad) are beating themselves up about not knowing their kid was in distress.  The really awful thing is, Nat learned how to kill himself from an internet website (I don't know the details.  Didn't want to pry too much into a very painful area).

Thanks in advance for your prayers.

In Christ,

Photini

Offline Anastasios

• Webdespota
  • Administrator
  • Merarches
  • Metropolitan Chrysostomos of Florina
    • AnastasiosHudson.com
  • Faith: Orthodox Christian
  • Jurisdiction: Greek Old Calendarist
Re:Grieving Parents
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2004, 11:48:18 AM »
I'm so sorry to hear this. My prayers for the family and for God to forgive Nathaniel.

Anastasios
Please Buy My Book!

Past posts reflect stages of my life before my baptism and may not be accurate expositions of Orthodox teaching. Also, I served as an Orthodox priest from 2008-2013, before resigning.

Offline Mor Ephrem

• The Fourteenth Apostle and Judge of the Interwebs
  • Section Moderator
  • Stratopedarches
    • OrthodoxChristianity.net
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2004, 01:29:07 PM »
How terrible...my prayers go out to them.
"Do not tempt the Mor thy Mod."

Mor no longer posts on OCNet.  He follows threads, posts his responses daily, occasionally starts threads, and responds to private messages when and as he wants.  But he really isn't around anymore.

Offline Jakub

• Archon
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2004, 01:59:36 AM »
Prayers for Tom, Doris and family.

james
An old timer is a man who's had a lot of interesting experiences -- some of them true.

Grant me the senility to forget the people I never liked anyway, the good fortune to run into the ones I do, and the eyesight to tell the difference.