OrthodoxChristianity.net
October 20, 2014, 06:05:04 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Christian's Guide to Small Arms  (Read 1492 times) Average Rating: 0
TomS
Banned
Archon

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: GOA

"Look At Me! Look At Me Now! " - Bono

« on: December 03, 2004, 11:29:49 AM »

http://users.frii.com/gosplow/cgsa.html
Jakub
Archon

« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2004, 01:56:08 PM »

Tom,

There are so many splinter groups out there that claim they are Christian Militia, and I would'nt be surprized if those sites are monitored by a goverment agency of some sort.

Be very cautious with these types,

james, life NRA & old west pistolero

An old timer is a man who's had a lot of interesting experiences -- some of them true.

Grant me the senility to forget the people I never liked anyway, the good fortune to run into the ones I do, and the eyesight to tell the difference.
Robert
"Amazing"
Archon

« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2004, 01:59:25 PM »

I am in the NRA, and unfortunately upset with their somewhat recent ploy of soliciting donations non-stop.  Perhaps it is just me, but I've received more than 1 phone call over the past few months asking for money.  There are a few other gun organizations that seem pretty interesting which I may consider joining, but I just wantedt o add my comment, and perhaps see if anyone else had the same problem.
Jakub
Archon

« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2004, 02:16:25 PM »

Never been asked for $ by phone, suggest give them a LL & let them know how ya feel.

Best bet is join a state association with ties to the NRA, most have good deals.

Most 2nd amendment & gun loving peoples will end up living in Arizona or Texas, especially if Hillary wins...the end of times?

james

An old timer is a man who's had a lot of interesting experiences -- some of them true.

Grant me the senility to forget the people I never liked anyway, the good fortune to run into the ones I do, and the eyesight to tell the difference.
gphadraig

OC.net

« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2004, 08:02:11 PM »

Christian guide to small arms? What is this? And what has the subtitle of this thread have to do with Christianity?

This sounds like yet another protestant group with a particular message. I have used firearms and trained to do so with the military and then government service. In Greece I find that any festival or major occasion brings out a number of legal and illegally held arms which are discharged often by those who congregate around the church without entering it! Presumably feeling that this somehow enriches the occasion? Sadly, it does not and what is more those discharging their weapons appear to fail to recognise a basic law of physics that what goes up must come down. Sometimes killing or injuring an innocent bystander. Repeated attempts by a good friend of mine and myself failed to dent this long standing custom. (At least I should be glad that they didn't dress up in combat fatigues and go around trying to look tough). This phenomena of discharging arms into the sky on festive occasions is shared across the Levant, the Middle East, Central Asia and beyond.

In Iraq and Afghanistan it can lead to Coalition forces thinking they are being fired on, and tragic circumstances follow on a much greater scale.

So far other than proximity I have not found a link between firearms and Christianity. For me the term 'Christian militia' appears to be an oxymoron, at best! Having seen what paramilitaries can do,in their paranoia, in Ireland and elsewhere; at worst, it actually appears an obscenity!

Age is honourable and youth noble
Cosmoline

OC.net

« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2004, 03:32:17 PM »

Keep in mind that in the US most adults are part of the federal and/or state "unorganized militia" pursuant to statute.  So most US Christians are in the militia even if they don't know it.  

The problem comes when some yahoos decide to organize members of the unorganized militia around a particular political cause, rather than pursuant to executive order or invasion.

NULL
TomS
Banned
Archon

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: GOA

"Look At Me! Look At Me Now! " - Bono

« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2004, 11:18:29 PM »

Wow. I am no gun freak - but I think that this sets a dangerous precedent.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

From ABC 7 News:
Judge Approves Settlement in Sniper Lawsuit
Posted: December 10, 2004 8:43 PM EST
URL: http://www.wjla.com/news/stories/1204/193625.html

Seattle (AP) - A judge in Washington state has approved a cash settlement for the relatives of the Washington, D.C. area sniper victims.

The settlement says Bushmaster Firearms will pay a half million dollars and Bull's Eye Shooter Supply of Tacoma, Washington, will pay two million dollars.

The money will go to the families of six of those killed by the snipers in 2002 and two people who survived the attacks.

Bushmaster manufactured the rifle used by Lee Malvo and John Muhammad. The gun store had possession of the weapon before it disappeared from inventory.

The settlement marks the first time that a gun manufacturer has agreed to pay damages in such a case.

Malvo and Muhammad are now in prison after being convicted individually in two separate cases.

Nacho
OC.net guru

Faith: EasternOrthodox
Jurisdiction: OCA

The face of Corporate America

« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2004, 01:27:27 AM »

Well, I better get my guns to get ready for the revolution Cheesy

"If I find in myself a desire which no experience in this world can satisfy, the most probable explanation is that I was made for another world."--Mere Christianity
penelope
If I love the sea and all that is sealike, and love it most when it angrily contradicts me...

OC.net

« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2004, 01:48:22 AM »

Just make sure to come up and liberate Canada when you've got things under control down there, alright?  Smiley

Let me love myself only if I love thee and do all things for thy sake.
gphadraig

OC.net

« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2004, 07:54:16 PM »

And liberate all those homosexuals who want to get married up there, while you are at it................................................ Roll Eyes

Age is honourable and youth noble
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: