OrthodoxChristianity.net
September 02, 2014, 08:30:40 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: A fond and possibly temporary farewell  (Read 1615 times) Average Rating: 0
JoeZollars
OC.net guru

Pray for me an unworthy sinner

« on: June 27, 2004, 12:39:13 AM »

Well folks, I am too busy to continue membership in this forum at this point. What with working full time and family matters and all that I just don't have the time to continue cross-fora prolific posting. Therefore I am cutting out most, if not all forums for at least a temporary basis.

I would point out that the new policy on the non-chalcedonian folder is not the sole factor in my decision, although it was the straw that broke the camels back.

I ask y'all's prayers for me. I also ask taht you keep me aprised of things going on here by one of hte following means:

Email= joe_zollars@yahoo.com
AIM=JoeZollars
YIM=joe_zollars
MSNM=joe_zollars@yahoo.com

I sincerely apologize if I have offended anyone here with my stay or posts and wish you all well. Please keep in touch.

Sincerely,
Joe Zollars

PS: I may stop in to scan the forums from time to time, but probably not.  So if you have anything you want to talk to me about, it is best that you contact me via the above and not by either PM or posts here as once logged out I will not log back in most likely.

These posts no longer represent my beliefs and I in no way endorse their contents.
Jennifer
OC.net guru

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Orthodox Church in America

« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2004, 12:58:15 AM »

Anyone want to start a pool guessing how long Joe stays away this time?
Ben
Unabashedly Pro-Life
OC.net guru

« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2004, 01:31:32 AM »

Lol I do...I give him a month, maybe 2... Wink

"I prefer to be accused unjustly, for then I have nothing to reproach myself with, and joyfully offer this to the good Lord. Then I humble myself at the thought that I am indeed capable of doing the thing of which I have been accused. " - Saint
Antonious Nikolas
Orthodox Christian, Miaphysite, Anagnostis
OC.net guru

Faith: Oriental Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Coptic Orthodox

Saint Nicholas the Wonderworker, Bishop of Myra

« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2004, 05:03:04 PM »

I would point out that the new policy on the non-chalcedonian folder is not the sole factor in my decision, although it was the straw that broke the camels back.

Or is that the llama's back?  Sorry, couldn't resist! Grin

“Nothing is better than to realize one’s weakness and ignorance and nothing is worse than not to be aware of them.” - St. Peter of Damascus
Shiny
Site Supporter
Moderated
Toumarches

Faith: Groucho Marxist
Jurisdiction: Dahntahn Stoop Haus

Paint It Red

« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2012, 02:59:12 AM »

opps
« Last Edit: August 12, 2012, 02:59:56 AM by Achronos » Logged

“There is your brother, naked, crying, and you stand there confused over the choice of an attractive floor covering.”

– St. Ambrose of Milan
William
Protokentarchos

Faith: None

« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2012, 03:00:35 AM »

Pwned!

Apart from moral conduct, all that man thinks himself able to do in order to become acceptable to God is mere superstition and religious folly. - Immanuel Kant

Leave there thy gift before the altar, and go thy way; first be reconciled to thy brother, and then come and offer thy gift. - Matt. 5:24
Salpy
Section Moderator
Toumarches

Faith: Oriental Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Armenian Church

Pray for the Christians of Iraq and Syria.

« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2012, 03:05:53 AM »

Does anyone know where he is now?  I hope he's alright. 

Severian
God save Egypt, Syria & Iraq
Protokentarchos

Faith: Coptic/Egyptian Orthodoxy

In solidarity with Iraqi and Syrian Christians

Partisangirl
« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2012, 03:23:13 AM »

Pwned!
Well, his profile says he was active in 2006, two years after he said left.

On hiatus from posting. Forgive me if my posts have lacked humility or tact. Note that some of my older posts -especially those prior to late 2012- may not reflect my current views. In the meantime, please pray for my sinful self as I am in a critical and unsure juncture in my life. Thank you.
Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

Faith: Agnostic

« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2012, 04:00:44 AM »

Does anyone know where he is now?  I hope he's alright. 

Nicholas may know how he is doing, or Fr. Anastasios. Last I heard he was doing fine, but that was probably 6 years ago.
Cognomen
Site Supporter
OC.net guru

Faith: Orthodox Catholic
Jurisdiction: Phyletism Rules, OK

Ungrateful Biped

« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2012, 04:09:48 AM »

I'll shoot Ben and Jennifer IM's, and if they end their collective 11 year drought of logging in, they might know and tell us how he's doing.

P.S. Judging from this thread, the usernames were pretty boring back then.

North American Eastern Orthodox Parish Council Delegate for the Canonization of Saints Twin Towers and Pentagon, as well as the Propagation of the Doctrine of the Assumption of Malaysia Airlines Flight MH370 (NAEOPCDCSTTPPDAMAFM®).
serb1389
Lord, remember me when you come into your Kingdom!
Global Moderator
Merarches

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Metropolis of San Francisco

Michał Kalina's biggest fan

FrNPantic
« Reply #10 on: August 14, 2012, 12:31:33 PM »

I'll shoot Ben and Jennifer IM's, and if they end their collective 11 year drought of logging in, they might know and tell us how he's doing.

P.S. Judging from this thread, the usernames were pretty boring back then.

it was a simpler time.   angel

I got nothing.
I forgot the maps
March 27th and May 30th 2010 were my Ordination dates, please forgive everything before that
Schultz
Christian. Guitarist. Zymurgist. Librarian.
Taxiarches

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: OCA

Scion of the McKeesport Becks.

« Reply #11 on: August 14, 2012, 12:39:30 PM »

Weird.  Joe came up on a facebook status of another former poster just the other day.

"Hearing a nun's confession is like being stoned to death with popcorn." --Abp. Fulton Sheen
Maria
Orthodox Christian
Warned
Merarches

O most Holy Theotokos, save us.

« Reply #12 on: August 14, 2012, 01:15:56 PM »

Weird.  Joe came up on a facebook status of another former poster just the other day.

I am praying for him. As I recall, he was struggling in the faith. Has he returned to the Orthodox Church?

Glory to Jesus Christ!
Glory to Him forever!
Αριστοκλής
Merarches

Faith: Orthodox Catholic
Jurisdiction: American Carpatho-Russian Orthodox Diocese

« Reply #13 on: August 14, 2012, 07:12:15 PM »

I am praying for him. As I recall, he was struggling in the faith. Has he returned to the Orthodox Church?

"Returned" supposes that he was ever an Orthodox Christian. We got fooled regularly on OC.net back in those days. Last I read from him directly on another Orthodox forum was that he was still of his ancestral faith - Judaism.

"Religion is a neurobiological illness and Orthodoxy is its cure." - Fr. John S. Romanides
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: