OrthodoxChristianity.net
December 22, 2014, 12:28:40 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Orthodox Church confronts zombies  (Read 345 times) Average Rating: 0
Zenovia
High Elder

Faith: Greek Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Archdiocese

« on: August 16, 2012, 01:07:52 PM »

I guess the Orthodox Church doesn't want the dead to be raised?

Authorities in the Siberian city of Omsk ban have reversed their decision and decided to ban a ‘Zombie Parade’ after criticism from the Orthodox Church and other public organizations.
The organizer of the youth event Mikhail Yakovlev, said the city administration named three reasons for their decision.

“Firstly, I supposedly failed to notify them in time. Secondly, I did not submit a program of the event. I did both things, though. But the third reason is most shocking: they said the Zombie Parade contradicts the Russian Constitution and the Human Rights Declaration,” he told Metromsk news portal.

However, in a private conversation with an employee of Omsk’s district administration, Yakovlev found out that the ‘raising of the dead’ was frowned on by a number of organizations, including the local Orthodox Church and the Muslim Community.

“The’ Zombie Parade’ bears no ideological or protest meaning: it is simply an entertainment for youngsters,” Yakovlev told RIA Novosti.The event – which was planned for August 19 – was officially announced as a costume exhibition. About a hundred people – disguised as zombies and smeared with artificial blood – were to march through Omsk’s central street and then have a photo shoot.

http://rt.com/politics/zombie-parade-church-ban-820/
JamesRottnek
Protokentarchos

Faith: Anglican
Jurisdiction: Episcopal Diocese of Arizona

I am Bibleman; putting 'the' back in the Ukraine

« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2012, 01:31:43 PM »

I guess the Orthodox Church doesn't want the dead to be raised?

Authorities in the Siberian city of Omsk ban have reversed their decision and decided to ban a ‘Zombie Parade’ after criticism from the Orthodox Church and other public organizations.
The organizer of the youth event Mikhail Yakovlev, said the city administration named three reasons for their decision.

“Firstly, I supposedly failed to notify them in time. Secondly, I did not submit a program of the event. I did both things, though. But the third reason is most shocking: they said the Zombie Parade contradicts the Russian Constitution and the Human Rights Declaration,” he told Metromsk news portal.

However, in a private conversation with an employee of Omsk’s district administration, Yakovlev found out that the ‘raising of the dead’ was frowned on by a number of organizations, including the local Orthodox Church and the Muslim Community.

“The’ Zombie Parade’ bears no ideological or protest meaning: it is simply an entertainment for youngsters,” Yakovlev told RIA Novosti.The event – which was planned for August 19 – was officially announced as a costume exhibition. About a hundred people – disguised as zombies and smeared with artificial blood – were to march through Omsk’s central street and then have a photo shoot.

http://rt.com/politics/zombie-parade-church-ban-820/

The bishop does understand they weren't actually going to raise people from the dead, right?

I know a secret about a former Supreme Court Justice.  Can you guess what it is?

The greatest tragedy in the world is when a cigarette ends.

American Spirits - the eco-friendly cigarette.

Preston Robert Kinney (September 8th, 1997-August 14, 2011
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: