OrthodoxChristianity.net
July 22, 2014, 03:42:18 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: A Statement concerning the Entrance of the Theotokos Monastery  (Read 20642 times) Average Rating: 0
Nathanael

Faith: Orthodox

« Reply #405 on: October 29, 2012, 11:58:14 AM »

I think we know enough about these nuns, and there is really nothing worth saying after this. They have been revealed, and there are no secrets.  If people choose to go there, then this is there own decision and they can choose to make it either in an informed way or not.

I think we don't know enough about these nuns. What we need are not official, but personal statements of bishops. In this way we'll see the DETAILS about the several conflicts  which this monastery community in USA had, and where the problems concerning the obedience to the local bishop EXACTLY is. In which cases they don't obey their bishop, but their Elder?  And we have hardly any detailed statement of the monastery itself concerning the general accusations.
And what we need is a clear statement about their Elder Dionysios. Best from Simonopetra, Ormylia monastery or from other well-known greek spiritual father, bishop etc.!  That would help very much. Especially for persons who have a strong high opinion of Archimandrite Dionysios.  

"Orthodoxy is the very nature of man" - Father Rafail Noica
podkarpatska
Warned
Merarches

Jurisdiction: ACROD

SS Cyril and Methodius Church, Mercer, PA

« Reply #406 on: October 29, 2012, 12:02:28 PM »

I think we know enough about these nuns, and there is really nothing worth saying after this. They have been revealed, and there are no secrets.  If people choose to go there, then this is there own decision and they can choose to make it either in an informed way or not.

I think we don't know enough about these nuns. What we need are not official, but personal statements of bishops. In this way we'll see the DETAILS about the several conflicts  which this monastery community in USA had, and where the problems concerning the obedience to the local bishop EXACTLY is. In which cases they don't obey their bishop, but their Elder?  And we have hardly any detailed statement of the monastery itself concerning the general accusations.
And what we need is a clear statement about their Elder Dionysios. Best from Simonopetra, Ormylia monastery or from other well-known greek spiritual father, bishop etc.!  That would help very much. Especially for persons who have a strong high opinion of Archimandrite Dionysios.  

I suspect you will be waiting on that for when cows fly. Sorry, but many of us here don't have the same regard for foreign elders and their cultish followers as seems to be the case with the supporters of this dissident group of nuns.
FatherGiryus
You are being watched.
Archon

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Patriarchate of Antioch - NA

« Reply #407 on: October 29, 2012, 01:04:58 PM »

Dear Nathanael,

The lack of clarity in the relationship and the departures from the norm should answer every question for someone who has discernment.  To those who lack discernment, no amount of evidence will sway them from their emotions.

http://orthodoxyandrecovery.blogspot.com
The most dangerous thing about riding a tiger is the dismount.  - Indian proverb
SolEX01
Merarches

Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America, Holy Metropolis of New Jersey

« Reply #408 on: October 30, 2012, 02:05:00 AM »

I think we don't know enough about these nuns.

I think people on this forum know more than enough - with the supporters of these nuns remaining quiet or consulting with legal counsel whose actions will be exposed for the public to see.

What we need are not official, but personal statements of bishops.

You know that bishops are under the monastic "code of silence."

In this way we'll see the DETAILS about the several conflicts  which this monastery community in USA had,

Many Americans die of gun violence every day in USA.  While Americans have freedom to carry guns, should a priest monastic feel a need to carry a gun and fire it in a public place without suffering any criminal consequences like jail time, probation, community service, etc.?

and where the problems concerning the obedience to the local bishop EXACTLY is.

So the nuns practice economia instead of the Bishop?

In which cases they don't obey their bishop, but their Elder?

If their Elder is that special, why don't the Georgians consecrate him as a Bishop - problem solved?  What's wrong with having a local Bishop at Union Bridge - oh, he has to interact with the other Orthodox who don't have favorable views towards him.

And we have hardly any detailed statement of the monastery itself concerning the general accusations.

You know that such information is not forthcoming.
Gorazd
OC.net guru

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: The Ecumenical Patriarchate of Istanbul and Chambésy

« Reply #409 on: October 30, 2012, 04:09:27 AM »

If their Elder is that special, why don't the Georgians consecrate him as a Bishop - problem solved? 
First of all, he lives in Greece... would be hard to be a bishop in DC and live on another continent. Second, even if he moves to the US, he doesnt know any Georgian, I cannot imagine him leading a Georgian diocese. Third, the Greeks would be upset with anyone who makes this man a bishop. The Church of Georgia has no interest in having trouble with the Greeks.

And let's say he comes to DC to become a bishop under the Georgians, I am quite sure the Greek bishops would canonically ban their new colleague from entering their dioceses. And he wouldn't want that, since most of his followers still live in Greece.
Nathanael

« Reply #410 on: November 07, 2012, 04:29:22 PM »

So the nuns practice economia instead of the Bishop?
The problem is that if there no details can be published than you cannot be 100 % sure that this monastic community was disobedient to their bishop. And how is the situation in Greece, if the community of Archimandrite Dionysios is not "obedient" to the bishop in America; then the situation shouldn't be better in Greece. Bishops can also make mistakes. That's the problem. If also the gregorian bishop give them a canonical release than I'll have very strong doubts about this monastic community (I've doubts about them but more because of other things)

You know that such information is not forthcoming.
True Sad. Probably next year I'll go there.

Nathanael

« Reply #411 on: November 13, 2012, 03:52:43 PM »

http://eadiocese.org/News/2012/aug/Abbessdirective.pdf

You are warned for seven days for violating the rule on links: "If it is the first topic in the thread, or if the link IS relevant to the conversation at hand, it is required that the poster post a paragraph of text from the article in question into the thread.  The poster can then include a DIRECT link to the article in that post, below the paragraph of text." If you have any questions about this action or you wish to appeal my decision, please PM me. Thanks, Carl Kraeff
« Last Edit: November 13, 2012, 06:32:49 PM by Carl Kraeff (Second Chance) » Logged

Nathanael

« Reply #412 on: November 13, 2012, 06:47:47 PM »

My link above is the official canonical release of Mitropolitan Hilarion to the monastic community of Abbess Aemiliane.

Tags:
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: