OrthodoxChristianity.net
October 25, 2014, 11:18:26 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Logging In Difficulties.  (Read 411 times) Average Rating: 0
pmpn8rGPT
Grammar Nazi in three languages.
OC.net guru

Faith: Christian
Jurisdiction: Eastern Orthodox (old calendarist)

Proof that Russia won the Space Race.

« on: June 26, 2013, 02:31:07 PM »

In an unfortunate incident involving an incredibly awesome joke and a hot cup of coffee, I had to get a new computer and a new cup of coffee.

Anyways, I logged in yesterday, posted, closed Safari, and then went to bed.

On the old computer I could log in and it would stay logged even after closing Safari,  however, when I got on the Internet this morning however, I noticed that I had to log in again.  I tried logging out and then logging back in with "forever" selected, yet when I close Safari it automatically logs me out.

What am I doing wrong?

"Tomorrow, I shall no longer be here."
-Nostradamus's last words.
orthonorm
Warned
Hoplitarches

Faith: Sola Gratia
Jurisdiction: Outside

« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2013, 02:42:08 PM »

In an unfortunate incident involving an incredibly awesome joke and a hot cup of coffee, I had to get a new computer and a new cup of coffee.

Anyways, I logged in yesterday, posted, closed Safari, and then went to bed.

On the old computer I could log in and it would stay logged even after closing Safari,  however, when I got on the Internet this morning however, I noticed that I had to log in again.  I tried logging out and then logging back in with "forever" selected, yet when I close Safari it automatically logs me out.

What am I doing wrong?

There is a dialog box you click when you log in that ought to keep you logged in forever. You change choose a different time frame if you like.

It might be cookie dependant, so if the above is not working, you might want to check to see if you have either cookies disabled completely in your browser or if your browser if blocking cookies from this site.

This is conjecture on my end. FWIW.

Ignorance is not a lack, but a passion.
pmpn8rGPT
Grammar Nazi in three languages.
OC.net guru

Faith: Christian
Jurisdiction: Eastern Orthodox (old calendarist)

Proof that Russia won the Space Race.

« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2013, 02:54:56 PM »

It might be cookie dependant, so if the above is not working, you might want to check to see if you have either cookies disabled completely in your browser or if your browser if blocking cookies from this site.
Ahhh, this was the problem.  Thanks.

"Tomorrow, I shall no longer be here."
-Nostradamus's last words.
serb1389
Lord, remember me when you come into your Kingdom!
Global Moderator
Merarches

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Metropolis of San Francisco

Michał Kalina's biggest fan

FrNPantic
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2013, 05:17:19 PM »

Ahhh, this was the problem.  Thanks.

Did you figure it out? 

If not, feel free to PM me or email me.  I deal with all the Login issues for the site. 

I got nothing.
I forgot the maps
March 27th and May 30th 2010 were my Ordination dates, please forgive everything before that
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: