OrthodoxChristianity.net
October 01, 2014, 07:20:34 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Pilgrimage  (Read 242 times) Average Rating: 0
Dominika
Serbian/Polish
OC.net guru

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Orthodox Church of Poland

St. Luke, pray for us!

« on: August 12, 2012, 01:46:02 PM »

Maybe it will be a little too long post as it’s just a request for prayer, but I must explain some things...

As tomorrow I’m going on the foot pilgrimage (or maybe is better to write „on foot” – I don’t know which way in English is the best to call a kind of pilgrimage that you go by foot all the distance) for the Feast of the Transfiguration on the Holy Mountain Grabarka, I ask you for prayers for me and the rest pilgrims from Warsaw, as well as from other places in Poland.

Grabarka is the most popular Orthodox monastery and destination of Orthodox pilgrimages in Poland. Main liturgical celebrations take place on 18th and 19th of August and many Orthodox in Poland go in foot pilgrimages to participate in this Festival. It is the biggest gathering of Orthodox Christians in Poland during the year (many people come for the feast also by cars, trains etc.).

The pilgrimage from Warsaw that I participate longs 5 days (it’s 150 km). During the next 2 days we participate in the liturgical celebrations in the monastery.

I have a bit difficult situation in my life (my studies and career, financial problems, family), so I really want to recognize the God’s Will during the pilgrimage. It’s the second year I haven’t managed to go into Arabic studies at the University of Warsaw. This field is my dream for years and the problem is that I’ve passed the exams quite well. I don’t want to waste the third year (I was in Spanish section in High School and it takes 1 year more than usually in Poland). The story is longer but the consequence is simple - I really don’t know what to do. Last 3 pilgrimages were really fruitful for me (thanks to them now I’m officially Orthodox ), I hope this time it will be similar.

I request also that you remember in your prayers all Orthodox Christians in Poland,  as this week Patriarch Kirill is coming to Poland and he will be on the Feast in Grabarka.

Pray for persecuted Christians, especially in Serbian Kosovo and Raška, Egypt and Syria
mike
Stratopedarches

« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2012, 02:19:24 PM »

Lord, have mercy!

Byzantinism
no longer posting here
marigold
OC.net guru

Faith: Greek Orthodox

« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2012, 04:55:43 PM »

Lord, have mercy on Your servant, Dominika.
Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

black metal cat

« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2012, 04:58:42 PM »

Lord have mercy!

"But science is an inferential exercise, not a catalog of facts. Numbers, by themselves, specify nothing. All depends upon what you do with them" - Stephen Jay Gould
Maximum Bob
Archon

Faith: Catechumen
Jurisdiction: Antiochian

Personal Text? We can have personal text?

« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2012, 05:53:32 PM »

Lord have mercy.

Countdown to our Baptisms and Chrismations:

Psalm 37:23 The Lord guides a man safely in the way he should go.
Tags: request for prayer Polish Polish Orthodox Church Poland 
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: