OrthodoxChristianity.net
September 17, 2014, 09:34:39 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Prayer for study, job hunt and Orthodoxy journey  (Read 452 times) Average Rating: 0
Deborah

Faith: Newbie Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Antioch

Never look back

« on: August 09, 2012, 10:59:43 PM »

Hi there,

Could I ask for prayer support please.  I've reached a crossroad point in a few areas of life, struggling and confused right now and not sure where to head or what to do from here.  Specifically:

Study - for motivation and stickability to push through course work, work on and finish assignment which is due next week; and to continue likewise until the course finishes in late Feb 2013.

Job search - for wisdom on where to focus and direct job search in (a) my chosen career field and (b) more sustainable employment in the meantime.  Especially for something that would open more opportunities to attend Orthodox church services.

Journeying to Orthodoxy - really not sure what to do/confused at this point.  Feel like I'm swimming in a big ocean with no solid land in sight.  Not sure what (or if I should take on) any Orthodox practices like a prayer rule (I'm only an inquirer at this stage).  Not sure how to live the Christian life while still living in Protestant-land, where things like repentance/confession/preparation for communion fit in outside of Orthodoxy.  Where God and His grace is to be found (in sacraments, or somewhere else) outside of Orthodoxy.  The priest has not responded to any of my emails sent over the last two weeks, not sure what to make of or how (or if?) to respond to that.  Don't know if any of this is spiritual attack.  Doesn't help that I'm somewhat isolated from other local Christians right now - current job clashes with church services, I live a ways out of town and can't afford petrol right now to go visiting.  Unhealthy situation spiritually, physically, emotionally, socially, but can't see a way to change it.  Please pray for clarity and peace over the whole Orthodoxy issue, and opportunities to worship and fellowship with other Christians in the meantime.

Thank you for including me in your prayers.

Holy God, Holy Mighty, Holy Immortal, have mercy on me. Cry

Live in South/East Auckland, Franklin or North Waikato regions of New Zealand? Interested in Orthodoxy? Need transport to an Orthodox Church? Want to meet others? Please send me a PM Smiley

"You have made us for yourself, Lord; and our hearts are restless until they rest in You" - St. Augustine
IXOYE
Site Supporter
High Elder

« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2012, 11:02:32 PM »

Prayers!
Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2012, 11:16:13 PM »

Lord have mercy!

Fwiw, I've found that several priests I've been in contact with were bad at returning emails or telephone calls (a problem I also have in my own life). My priest is the greatest thing since sliced bread when you can corner him, but trying to actually get in touch with him can be difficult. Just remember the words of Matt. 11:12: "the kingdom of heaven suffereth violence, and the violent take it by force." Sometimes you be a "violent" person and keep going at it till things work out.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2012, 11:17:40 PM by Asteriktos » Logged

Yes, yes, youth is wasted on the young. And so is accumulated experience wasted on the old, the positives of modernism wasted on moderns, the beauty of Christianity wasted on Christians, the utility of scholarship wasted on scholars, and on and on.
Maximum Bob
Archon

Faith: Catechumen
Jurisdiction: Antiochian

Personal Text? We can have personal text?

« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2012, 12:43:11 AM »

Lord have mercy on your handmaiden, Deborah.

Countdown to our Baptisms and Chrismations:

Psalm 37:23 The Lord guides a man safely in the way he should go.
Deborah

Never look back

« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2012, 09:58:07 PM »

Thank you for your prayers.  I finished that assignment and got it in, now working towards the next one.  Asteriktos, thanks for the advice.  I'm taking it to heart and action, and will continue to ask, seek knock, whether it be at this door or others, until I find an opening.

Praise and glory to you forever Father Son and Holy Spirit.  May your will come to pass.

Live in South/East Auckland, Franklin or North Waikato regions of New Zealand? Interested in Orthodoxy? Need transport to an Orthodox Church? Want to meet others? Please send me a PM Smiley

"You have made us for yourself, Lord; and our hearts are restless until they rest in You" - St. Augustine
bytania

Faith: oriental Orthodox/non-chalcedonian
Jurisdiction: Ethiopian Orthodox Tewahedo Archdiocese of North America

« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2012, 10:22:07 PM »

Lord have mercy! May the Lord guide you in all your path

Do not want things to turn out as they seem best to you, but as God pleases. Then you will be free from confusion, and thankful in prayer.
~The Desert Fathers
Deborah

Never look back

« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2012, 07:57:13 PM »

Thank you to all who have posted in or read this thread for praying with me.  Please continue to pray for me.  I'm growing increasingly weary, frustrated and at times angry at the gulf between lack of opportunity to attend any Orthodox Church, and the desire to progress further on the path to becoming an Orthodox Christian.  I'm tired of go-it-alone-doxy; I need Christ and I need His Church.  There is no other place for me.

There may be an opportunity for me to make it to an Orthodox service this coming weekend.  Please pray that I may find an open Church door; that God may reveal a light for my path, His will, the next step on this journey; for courage and humility to face up to any hard facts I may be confronted with; for acceptance of this situation, peace with all people and to stick with the responsibilities (study, job hunt, etc) that God has placed in my life in the meantime.  Thank you.

Holy God, Holy Mighty, Holy Immortal, have mercy on me.  Most holy, blessed, pure, ever-virgin Theotokos, please interceed for me.

Maximum Bob
Archon

Faith: Catechumen
Jurisdiction: Antiochian

Personal Text? We can have personal text?

« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2012, 12:18:56 AM »

Continued prayers, Lord have mercy.

Countdown to our Baptisms and Chrismations:

Psalm 37:23 The Lord guides a man safely in the way he should go.
Anastasia1
My warrior name is Beyoncé Pad Thai
OC.net guru

Faith: Oriental Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Occasionally traveling, Armenian.

« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2012, 01:06:35 AM »

Lord have mercy.

Behold, now is the accepted time; behold, now is the day of salvation. (2 Cor 2:6)
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: