OrthodoxChristianity.net
April 24, 2014, 09:47:42 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The Rules page has been updated.  Please familiarize yourself with its contents!

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Saudis release Ethiopians arrested for praying in home  (Read 415 times) Average Rating: 0
Salpy
Toumarches

Faith: Oriental Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Armenian Church

St. Hripsimeh pray for us!

« on: August 06, 2012, 09:42:56 PM »

I'm glad they were released.  I recall hearing about it when they were arrested, and I was afraid nothing could be done to help them.

Almost three dozen imprisoned Christian Ethiopians in Saudi Arabia have been freed after months of being held by the authorities there.

The 35 Ethiopians were imprisoned last December 17 for conducting a prayer meeting in a private home.

“We understand that the Saudi’s assaulted, harassed, and pressured the Christians to convert to Islam during the time of their incarceration,” says International Christian Concern’s Jonathan Racho.  According to Racho, the female prisoners were especially mistreated and humiliated.

Read the rest here:

http://theorthodoxchurch.info/blog/news/2012/08/saudis-release-christians/

"I don't think I've ever eaten anything Armenian I didn't like.  I even drink my non-Armenian coffee out of a St Nersess Seminary coffee mug because it is better that way." --Mor Ephrem
Hiwot
Christ is Risen!
OC.net guru

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Ethiopian Orthodox Tewahedo Church

Job 19:25-27

« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2012, 06:00:58 AM »

Glory be to God!

To God be the Glory in all things! Amen!

Only pray for me, that God would give me both inward and outward strength, that I may not only speak, but truly will; and that I may not merely be called a Christian, but really be found to be one. St.Ignatius of Antioch.Epistle to the Romans.
Salpy
Toumarches

Faith: Oriental Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Armenian Church

St. Hripsimeh pray for us!

« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2012, 11:58:07 AM »

A tangential discussion was split off and put here:

http://www.orthodoxchristianity.net/forum/index.php/topic,46262.new.html#top

"I don't think I've ever eaten anything Armenian I didn't like.  I even drink my non-Armenian coffee out of a St Nersess Seminary coffee mug because it is better that way." --Mor Ephrem
Tags: persecution Islam 
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: