Author Topic: Dreams with specific instruction from God?  (Read 315 times)

Offline mikeforjesus

• Archon
Dreams with specific instruction from God?
« on: November 22, 2015, 11:51:44 PM »
I have never got a dream with specific instructions such as go to st Margarets house and she will give you $123.25 and 5 oranges and when you do it it happens exactly but if I did is that proof it came from God in light of these verses ? dreams without instructions definitely don't come from God because you can dream contradictory things

Jeremiah 23:16(NKJV)
16 Thus says the Lord of hosts:
“Do not listen to the words of the prophets who prophesy to you.
They make you worthless;
They speak a vision of their own heart,
Not from the mouth of the Lord.

Deuteronomy 18:22 (NKJV)
22 when a prophet speaks in the name of the Lord, if the thing does not happen or come to pass, that is the thing which the Lord has not spoken; the prophet has spoken it presumptuously; you shall not be afraid of him.

Offline minasoliman

• Mr., Sir, Dude, Guy, Male, tr. Minas in Greek, Menes in white people Egyptologists :-P
  • Stratopedarches
  • Pray for me Sts. Mina & Kyrillos for my interviews
  • Faith: Oriental Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: Coptic
Re: Dreams with specific instruction from God?
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2015, 11:59:33 PM »
Do not put your trusts in dreams.  Err on the side of skepticism and concentrate on your prayer life.  Dreams may be coincidences and may even be deceptions.  Always strengthen your suspicions and carry on in the spiritual life, which yields more fruit than mindless speculations of dreams.  This is what Jeremiah teaches.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2015, 12:02:07 AM by minasoliman »
Vain existence can never exist, for "unless the LORD builds the house, the builders labor in vain." (Psalm 127)

If the faith is unchanged and rock solid, then the gates of Hades never prevailed in the end.

Offline mikeforjesus

• Archon
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2015, 12:21:08 AM »
Thanks mina :)

Offline minasoliman

• Mr., Sir, Dude, Guy, Male, tr. Minas in Greek, Menes in white people Egyptologists :-P
  • Stratopedarches
  • Pray for me Sts. Mina & Kyrillos for my interviews
  • Faith: Oriental Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: Coptic
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2015, 12:33:35 AM »
Glad to be of help :)
Vain existence can never exist, for "unless the LORD builds the house, the builders labor in vain." (Psalm 127)

If the faith is unchanged and rock solid, then the gates of Hades never prevailed in the end.