OrthodoxChristianity.net
October 23, 2014, 08:52:09 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: coptichymns.net  (Read 1254 times) Average Rating: 0
Salpy
Toumarches

Faith: Oriental Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Armenian Church

Pray for the Christians of Iraq and Syria.

« on: August 03, 2012, 10:56:43 PM »

What happened to coptichymns.net?  It says the account has been suspended?  Is it no longer up?

minasoliman
Mr., Sir, Dude, Guy, Male, tr. Minas in Greek, Menes in white people Egyptologists :-P
Section Moderator
Toumarches

Faith: Oriental Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Coptic Orthodox Archdiocese of North America

Strengthen O Lord the work of Your hands(Is 19:25)

« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2012, 11:00:38 PM »

That would be sad  Sad

Vain existence can never exist, for \\\"unless the LORD builds the house, the builders labor in vain.\\\" (Psalm 127)

If the faith is unchanged and rock solid, then the gates of Hades never prevailed in the end.
DavidI

« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2012, 11:05:19 PM »

Probably missed a payment or forgot to renew. The site was up either last night or the night before I believe. I guess this means tasbeha.org is the official Coptic hymns website. Party.

The whois for the site has the contact info for the owner - if the site doesn't come back up in a day or so I'd suggest emailing him and checking on the status of it. *It might also help if they could fix all the broken links which make it impossible to stream half the hymns on there*

"A dog is better than I am, for he has love and he does not judge." - Abba Xanthios
minasoliman
Mr., Sir, Dude, Guy, Male, tr. Minas in Greek, Menes in white people Egyptologists :-P
Section Moderator
Toumarches

« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2012, 09:34:33 PM »

Talked to a friend who used to be one of the administrators of the forums.  He mentioned that the website is going to be shut down for good and all the material that was in it will be transferred to lacopts.org

Not sure if that includes the forums though considering that there has been virtually no discussions on them for quite a while.

Vain existence can never exist, for \\\"unless the LORD builds the house, the builders labor in vain.\\\" (Psalm 127)

If the faith is unchanged and rock solid, then the gates of Hades never prevailed in the end.
Salpy
Toumarches

Faith: Oriental Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Armenian Church

Pray for the Christians of Iraq and Syria.

« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2012, 10:22:41 PM »

Sad  That's too bad.  Let's hope they keep the forum.  It may not have been very active, but the discussions there were of good quality.  Perhaps if they transfer the forum to lacopts.org, it will pick up more members.

Severian
God save Egypt, Syria, Lebanon & Iraq
Protokentarchos

Faith: Coptic/Egyptian Orthodoxy

Saint Severus of Antioch - the Eloquent Mouth

Partisangirl
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2012, 03:52:51 PM »

Which reminds me, Tasbeha.org has been giving me trouble. I have not been able to log on today. I have tried on two different computers with several different web browsers.

"These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world." -Jesus Christ (Cf. St. John 16:33)
Severian
Protokentarchos

Partisangirl
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2012, 06:31:35 PM »

Which reminds me, Tasbeha.org has been giving me trouble. I have not been able to log on today. I have tried on two different computers with several different web browsers.
Nevermind.

"These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world." -Jesus Christ (Cf. St. John 16:33)
Severian
Protokentarchos

Partisangirl
« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2012, 06:40:13 AM »

It seems to be back online.

minasoliman
Section Moderator
Toumarches

« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2012, 12:53:02 PM »

Speaking to the webmaster recently, all articles, media, etc will be transferred to lacopts.org whereas the threads of the forums will be kept online in an archives website, but no new posts will be posted.  So all will be preserved, but the website will be no more soon.

Dominika
Serbian/Polish
OC.net guru

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Orthodox Church of Poland

St. Luke, pray for us!

« Reply #9 on: August 21, 2012, 02:20:25 PM »

It is sad news, as after tasbeha.org it was my favourite site about coptic hymns. The articles posted on this site were also nice. Does anybody know the reason for the shutdown of the coptichymns.net? Maybe to small frequency (I've noted it some months ago - there were fewer posts, no new recordings etc.)

Pray for persecuted Christians, especially in Serbian Kosovo and Raška, Egypt and Syria
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: