OrthodoxChristianity.net
November 24, 2014, 08:40:35 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 4  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Modern day Crusades..?  (Read 8821 times) Average Rating: 0
Charles Martel
Traditional Roman Catholic
Warned
Archon

Faith: Roman Catholic
Jurisdiction: New york

« on: August 03, 2012, 09:29:56 PM »

As a Latin Roman Catholic in the West, I see an interesting development going on in the East with "Arab Spring" catching fire from North Africa to SW Asia. There seems to be many regime changes in nations that have or had considerable Christian populations with the majority of them being "Orthodox" or Eastern Rite Catholics. The problem with these revolutions or "revolts" is that it doesn't bode well for the Christians within these respective nations, I don't believe the majority of Western Roman Catholics conceive of the dire consequences of this situation as there seems to be a consolidation of a predominately antiChristian Muslim power structure forming in these new "democracies". From what I understand, many OC and ERC churches are disappearing from within this realm  rapidly as we speak with the assault on the Christians after the fallout from post revolution, basically from I see, are Muslim revolutions that seem to be  encouraged, financed and backed from Western secular powers.

With the recent capitulations in Iraq, Libya and Egypt all with a notable Christian presence and now with Syria ( noted for a grand Christian past and present) on the verge of collapse, I'm surprised there isn't more outrage from the Vatican and the Christian West on the fate of their brethren in those parts of the world. Or maybe it might be coming soon as the situation becomes more dire.

I guess the point to what I'm getting at is that this is a very similar situation just prior to the Crusades when the Eastern Christians reached out to Rome for help as Islam was banging at the walls Of Byzantium, which eventually fell a few hundred years later, a total disaster for Europe and all of Christendom.

I was curious about how my Eastern brothers feel about this situation and maybe a little solidarity between Latins and the Orthodox on this issue. I'm not posting this from a merely political veiwpoint and I don't want to infringe on the rules of moderators for "political discussion", if this thread should be moved or deleted, so be it. I'm just trying to get a feel of the mood of what is going on over there from an Orthodox perspective and how we could support in any way.

I think the Syrian situation is very dangerous for Christians and very bad for the West in general.

My prayers and support go out to all those who suffer in that part of the world and hopefully God's Will ultimately holds out in the end, regardless of all the efforts of the meddlers and "peace-keeprs" in these stricken nations.

Sancte Michael Archangele, defende nos in proelio, contra nequitiam et insidias diaboli esto praesidium.
Charles Martel
Warned
Archon

« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2012, 09:49:57 AM »

Greek Catholic nun explains the situation in Syria for Eastern Christians.....

The Irish Times - Monday, August 13, 2012

Media coverage of Syrian violence partial and untrue, says nun

PATSY McGARRY, Religious Affairs Correspondent

A NUN who has been superior at a Syrian monastery for the past 18 years has warned that media coverage of ongoing violence in that country has been “partial and untrue”. It is “a fake”, Mother Agnes Mariam said, which “hides atrocities committed in the name of liberty and democracy”.

Superior of the Melkite Greek Catholic monastery of St James the Mutilated in Qara, in Syria’s diocese of Homs, which is in full communion with Rome, she left Ireland yesterday after a three-day visit during which she met representatives of the Irish Catholic Bishops’ Conference in Maynooth.

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/...322099930.html

Post editted to be OK with the news posting policy - MK.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2012, 10:00:29 AM by Michał Kalina » Logged

Sancte Michael Archangele, defende nos in proelio, contra nequitiam et insidias diaboli esto praesidium.
recent convert
Orthodox Chrisitan
OC.net guru

Faith: Christian
Jurisdiction: Antiochian (N.A.)

« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2012, 11:47:52 AM »

It is never ultimately good for the Christians in the Middle East under the yoke of the religion of peace with or without the west it seems. The recent history of 19th c. imperial Britain playing chess with the Klingon, I mean Ottoman, empire to contain Russia (who posed no threat to Britain) & then the Ottoman & German alliance of WW I helped exacerbate the eventual near annihilation of the Armenians, parts of the Greeks, Syrians etc. I guess America is doing something similar to these earlier debacles.

From what I understand, the Byzantines also formed some alliances with the Ottomans early on but I lack knowledge of this to discuss. The west barely survived the scourge all the way to Vienna in 1689 & God knows what the future holds. America has at least been a haven for Christian survivors & I pray it will remain so. I thank God my paternal great grandparents were able to get out of Syria in the later 19th c.

Antiochian OC N.A.
vamrat
Vamratoraptor
Taxiarches

Faith: Serbian Orthodox
Jurisdiction: New Gracanica

« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2012, 01:11:35 PM »

It all depends on how much the west were to get involved.  Air strikes as well as logistical supports (weapons, ammunition, explosives, etc) would be appreciated, though actual colonizing western troops would be problematic.  Unfortunately for any of this to work, the westerners would need to stop licking the moslem boots long enough to concentrate on killing them.  Being a westerner albeit not a western Christian, we have plenty in our own houses that need to be fixed first.  It would be nice to see Russia help out their Christian brothers more.  They are giving Assad some support though I think he needs more in order to crush this uprising.  Likewise, Russian troops will eventually need to help the Serbs cure those cancerous tumors in Bosnia and Kossovo.

Das ist des Jägers Ehrenschild, daß er beschützt und hegt sein Wild, weidmännisch jagt, wie sich’s gehört, den Schöpfer im Geschöpfe ehrt.
recent convert
Orthodox Chrisitan
OC.net guru

Faith: Christian
Jurisdiction: Antiochian (N.A.)

« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2012, 07:27:44 AM »

I think the higher archons of the churches should help American laity increase its numbers to spread the Gospel, try to transform Christianity in America, educate new converts to the plight of old world Orthodox, & help establish channels to assist Orthdox refugees that will probably need to eventually flee en masse. Of course, I have little hope that these higher archons have much wisdom. The IOCC, FOCUS, etc. did not come from, nor ever will, originate from the higher archons.

Antiochian OC N.A.
orthonorm
Warned
Hoplitarches

Faith: Sola Gratia
Jurisdiction: Outside

« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2012, 10:33:45 AM »

Nectarine, you asked for it . . .

Here is your polemical thread in which people fantasize about killing Muslims.

Ignorance is not a lack, but a passion.
Kerdy
Warned
Taxiarches

« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2012, 10:42:42 AM »

A Crusade is an offensive action.  I don't know anyone capable at this point to even begin to think this way.  Everyone right now is acting defensively.  They have been doing so for such a long time, its pretty much all thats left.  There were a lot of reasons the Crusades failed and all of those reasons still exist.  It would be a foolish and doomed attempt.  Besides, the west has piddled around in the east too long as it is and set the stage for the problems we currently see unfolding.  We should take care of our own business and friends and stop policing the world.
Kerdy
Warned
Taxiarches

« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2012, 10:48:42 AM »

It all depends on how much the west were to get involved.  Air strikes as well as logistical supports (weapons, ammunition, explosives, etc) would be appreciated, though actual colonizing western troops would be problematic.  Unfortunately for any of this to work, the westerners would need to stop licking the moslem boots long enough to concentrate on killing them.  Being a westerner albeit not a western Christian, we have plenty in our own houses that need to be fixed first.  It would be nice to see Russia help out their Christian brothers more.  They are giving Assad some support though I think he needs more in order to crush this uprising.  Likewise, Russian troops will eventually need to help the Serbs cure those cancerous tumors in Bosnia and Kossovo.
I don't know all the details, but I thought I was the only one who sees these rebellions as wrong.
Nephi
Monster Tamer
Section Moderator
Protokentarchos

Faith: Non-Chalcedonian Byzantine
Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Church of Antioch

« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2012, 10:55:07 AM »

I don't know all the details, but I thought I was the only one who sees these rebellions as wrong.

The Syrian rebellions?
Kerdy
Warned
Taxiarches

« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2012, 11:01:46 AM »

The Syrian rebellions?
All of them.  It's been a chain reaction which has left that part of the world more unstable than it has ever been.

But I don't know the reasons for the uprising in Syria.  It all depends on who you ask to which reason you are given.
Nephi
Monster Tamer
Section Moderator
Protokentarchos

« Reply #10 on: August 16, 2012, 11:05:24 AM »

All of them.  It's been a chain reaction which has left that part of the world more unstable than it has ever been.

But I don't know the reasons for the uprising in Syria.  It all depends on who you ask to which reason you are given.

As far as I can tell it seems Islam is a major factor in the Syrian uprising, even if it's not the main reason. The attacks by the rebels on Christians and Alawites shows this fairly well.
Kerdy
Warned
Taxiarches

« Reply #11 on: August 16, 2012, 11:53:00 AM »

As far as I can tell it seems Islam is a major factor in the Syrian uprising, even if it's not the main reason. The attacks by the rebels on Christians and Alawites shows this fairly well.
So the problem is the rebels, not the government?
J Michael
Older than dirt; dumber than a box of rocks; colossally ignorant; a little crazy ;-)
Merarches

Faith: Byzantine Catholic

Lord, have mercy! I live under a rock. Alleluia!

« Reply #12 on: August 16, 2012, 12:57:29 PM »

Time to move this to Politics??

"May Thy Cross, O Lord, in which I seek refuge, be for me a bridge across the great river of fire.  May I pass along it to the habitation of life." ~St. Ephraim the Syrian

"Sometimes you're the windshield.  Sometimes you're the bug." ~ Mark Knopfler (?)
Kerdy
Warned
Taxiarches

« Reply #13 on: August 16, 2012, 02:36:04 PM »

If this is more motivated by politics rather than religion.  Since I don't know, that's why I am asking.  It seems a mixture of both, but since Islam controls government, I feel it could remain outside a political thread, but I'm speculating a lot here.
Iconodule
Uranopolitan
Taxiarches

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: OCA (Diocese of Eastern Pennsylvania)

"My god is greater."

« Reply #14 on: August 16, 2012, 02:37:38 PM »

It'd be better to open up a whole new forum for this nonsense: "Fantasy wargaming."

"A riddle or the cricket's cry
Is to doubt a fit reply." - William Blake
J Michael
Older than dirt; dumber than a box of rocks; colossally ignorant; a little crazy ;-)
Merarches

Faith: Byzantine Catholic

Lord, have mercy! I live under a rock. Alleluia!

« Reply #15 on: August 16, 2012, 03:17:55 PM »

It'd be better to open up a whole new forum for this nonsense: "Fantasy wargaming."

Like I said, time to move it to politics. Grin

Aren't there whole websites dedicated to "Fantasy wargaming"?

"May Thy Cross, O Lord, in which I seek refuge, be for me a bridge across the great river of fire.  May I pass along it to the habitation of life." ~St. Ephraim the Syrian

"Sometimes you're the windshield.  Sometimes you're the bug." ~ Mark Knopfler (?)
Cognomen
Site Supporter
OC.net guru

Faith: Orthodox Catholic
Jurisdiction: Phyletism Rules, OK

Ungrateful Biped

« Reply #16 on: August 16, 2012, 03:37:16 PM »

If that's where threads like these end up, that reduces my inclination to request permission to that section of the forum.

North American Eastern Orthodox Parish Council Delegate for the Canonization of Saints Twin Towers and Pentagon, as well as the Propagation of the Doctrine of the Assumption of Malaysia Airlines Flight MH370 (NAEOPCDCSTTPPDAMAFM®).
Charles Martel
Warned
Archon

« Reply #17 on: August 16, 2012, 05:09:16 PM »

No one is "fantasizing" about killing Mohammedans here, the OP was expressing concern from a Latin Catholic for our Eastern brothers, especially in Syria right now. I don't understand why this would end up as a Muslim slaughterfest all of the sudden. Also I just see some kind of pattern where one regime after another that at least tolerated Christians is going by the wayside to be replaced by Muslim fanaticals. The setting also seems eerily  somewhat similar to the setting before the Crusades when Eastern Christians were in big trouble and asked the Vatican for help. Of course, today, the Vatican has been conspicuously silent on the matter from what I have seen and it seems some Orthodox are offended by merely mentioning it.

I apologize if this call for Christian solidarity has offended any Orthodox here.

I guess we need to stay divided.

Good luck in the East.

mike
Stratopedarches

« Reply #18 on: August 16, 2012, 05:14:28 PM »

No one needs the Westerners there. These are the Westerners who messed everything up there.
orthonorm
Warned
Hoplitarches

Faith: Sola Gratia
Jurisdiction: Outside

« Reply #19 on: August 16, 2012, 06:09:55 PM »

No one is "fantasizing" about killing Mohammedans here, the OP was expressing concern from a Latin Catholic for our Eastern brothers, especially in Syria right now. I don't understand why this would end up as a Muslim slaughterfest all of the sudden. Also I just see some kind of pattern where one regime after another that at least tolerated Christians is going by the wayside to be replaced by Muslim fanaticals. The setting also seems eerily  somewhat similar to the setting before the Crusades when Eastern Christians were in big trouble and asked the Vatican for help. Of course, today, the Vatican has been conspicuously silent on the matter from what I have seen and it seems some Orthodox are offended by merely mentioning it.

I apologize if this call for Christian solidarity has offended any Orthodox here.

Good luck in the East.

The one thing that is surely divided here is your reading attention. Go back read the posts.

Ignorance is not a lack, but a passion.
Kerdy
Warned
Taxiarches

« Reply #20 on: August 16, 2012, 06:21:08 PM »

Good luck in the East.

No one should have been offended from a simply question. 
William
Muted
Protokentarchos

« Reply #21 on: August 16, 2012, 08:49:42 PM »

Vamrat, what the hell?

Apart from moral conduct, all that man thinks himself able to do in order to become acceptable to God is mere superstition and religious folly. - Immanuel Kant
dllwatkins

« Reply #22 on: August 17, 2012, 12:12:34 AM »

As a Latin Roman Catholic in the West, I see an interesting development going on in the East with "Arab Spring" catching fire from North Africa to SW Asia. There seems to be many regime changes in nations that have or had considerable Christian populations with the majority of them being "Orthodox" or Eastern Rite Catholics. The problem with these revolutions or "revolts" is that it doesn't bode well for the Christians within these respective nations, I don't believe the majority of Western Roman Catholics conceive of the dire consequences of this situation as there seems to be a consolidation of a predominately antiChristian Muslim power structure forming in these new "democracies". From what I understand, many OC and ERC churches are disappearing from within this realm  rapidly as we speak with the assault on the Christians after the fallout from post revolution, basically from I see, are Muslim revolutions that seem to be  encouraged, financed and backed from Western secular powers.

With the recent capitulations in Iraq, Libya and Egypt all with a notable Christian presence and now with Syria ( noted for a grand Christian past and present) on the verge of collapse, I'm surprised there isn't more outrage from the Vatican and the Christian West on the fate of their brethren in those parts of the world. Or maybe it might be coming soon as the situation becomes more dire.

I guess the point to what I'm getting at is that this is a very similar situation just prior to the Crusades when the Eastern Christians reached out to Rome for help as Islam was banging at the walls Of Byzantium, which eventually fell a few hundred years later, a total disaster for Europe and all of Christendom.

I was curious about how my Eastern brothers feel about this situation and maybe a little solidarity between Latins and the Orthodox on this issue. I'm not posting this from a merely political veiwpoint and I don't want to infringe on the rules of moderators for "political discussion", if this thread should be moved or deleted, so be it. I'm just trying to get a feel of the mood of what is going on over there from an Orthodox perspective and how we could support in any way.

I think the Syrian situation is very dangerous for Christians and very bad for the West in general.

My prayers and support go out to all those who suffer in that part of the world and hopefully God's Will ultimately holds out in the end, regardless of all the efforts of the meddlers and "peace-keeprs" in these stricken nations.
http://paradisereporter.blogspot.com.au/2012/07/eastern-christians-betrayed-by-west.html?m=1
Charles Martel
Warned
Archon

« Reply #23 on: August 17, 2012, 09:15:07 PM »

Good luck in the East.

The one thing that is surely divided here is your reading attention. Go back read the posts.
I did before I responded to your post.
Again, I don't see no "fantasizing" or "wargaming" going on.

Only the reality of the situation for Christians in Syria and other nations where radical Muslims have seized power.

Of course we don't have to "fantasize" about Muslims killing Eastern Christians now do we.

Charles Martel
Warned
Archon

« Reply #24 on: August 17, 2012, 09:22:41 PM »

http://paradisereporter.blogspot.com.au/2012/07/eastern-christians-betrayed-by-west.html?m=1
This article was spot on.

Even worse than the rogue Crusaders sacking the Byzantium during the Crusades was the West allowing Constantinople to fall in 1453 against the Ottoman Turks , a tragedy that Christendom and Europe has never recovered from.

Those who do not learn from history are doomed to repeat it.

Nephi
Monster Tamer
Section Moderator
Protokentarchos

« Reply #25 on: August 17, 2012, 09:37:18 PM »

Even worse than the rogue Crusaders sacking the Byzantium during the Crusades was the West allowing Constantinople to fall in 1453 against the Ottoman Turks , a tragedy that Christendom and Europe has never recovered from.

Agreed.
jewish voice
High Elder

« Reply #26 on: August 17, 2012, 09:56:49 PM »

Agreed.
Ottoman Empire was the best thing that could of ever happened in history. I would suggest that you do some reading on the history and things that came about from the Ottomans that you enjoy today. It's not known as the" Golden age " for nothing
« Last Edit: August 17, 2012, 09:57:40 PM by jewish voice » Logged
Iconodule
Uranopolitan
Taxiarches

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: OCA (Diocese of Eastern Pennsylvania)

"My god is greater."

« Reply #27 on: August 17, 2012, 10:05:58 PM »

Agreed.
Ottoman Empire was the best thing that could of ever happened in history. I would suggest that you do some reading on the history and things that came about from the Ottomans that you enjoy today. It's not known as the" Golden age " for nothing

This is what happens when you learn history from video games.

"A riddle or the cricket's cry
Is to doubt a fit reply." - William Blake
Nephi
Monster Tamer
Section Moderator
Protokentarchos

« Reply #28 on: August 17, 2012, 10:37:36 PM »

Must not be the first time I've heard this assertion for nothing. Cool
Αριστοκλής
Merarches

Faith: Orthodox Catholic
Jurisdiction: American Carpatho-Russian Orthodox Diocese

« Reply #29 on: August 17, 2012, 11:49:13 PM »

Agreed.

Absolutely the sickest post I have read on OC.net in a decade.

"Religion is a neurobiological illness and Orthodoxy is its cure." - Fr. John S. Romanides
Gary

Faith: Orthodox

« Reply #30 on: August 18, 2012, 08:39:37 AM »

Agreed.

The Turks destroying conquering Byzantium was the best thing that could happen? Tell that to the Greeks, Serbs, Romanians, and so on. Many of the geopolitical problems that we have today are a result of this conquest. I suspect Jewish Voice is either greatly misinformed or a prankster.
Charles Martel
Warned
Archon

« Reply #31 on: August 18, 2012, 10:17:53 AM »

Agreed.

The Turks destroying conquering Byzantium was the best thing that could happen? Tell that to the Greeks, Serbs, Romanians, and so on. Many of the geopolitical problems that we have today are a result of this conquest. I suspect Jewish Voice is either greatly misinformed or a prankster.
Consider the source.

Kerdy
Warned
Taxiarches

« Reply #32 on: August 18, 2012, 10:21:27 AM »

As nice as it would be to have the entire world live the way Jesus said we should, a crusade is not a viable course of action.
age234
High Elder

Jurisdiction: Antioch

« Reply #33 on: August 18, 2012, 12:19:58 PM »

The Byzantine Empire was in many ways a mess in the decades (centuries?) before 1453, but the Ottomans did not improve matters.

A Crusade would not help; at best it would only give crazy people more reasons to kill Christians.

And it wouldn't really be Christlike. History shows Christianity is at its strongest when Christians are the ones being killed.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2012, 12:22:17 PM by age234 » Logged
jewish voice
High Elder

« Reply #34 on: August 18, 2012, 08:19:17 PM »

Agreed.

Consider the source.

Yep while the Byzantine empire was trying to kill off my people and spread their hate filled lies the Ottomans came in cleaned house and made us members of the empire and helped build schuls, schools and made us leaders of towns and in world war 2 saved lots of Jews from the nasty catholic Hitler and Pope. Ottoman empire was one of the best empires in the world  Grin
Nephi
Monster Tamer
Section Moderator
Protokentarchos

« Reply #35 on: August 18, 2012, 08:53:23 PM »

Yep while the Byzantine empire was trying to kill off my people and spread their hate filled lies the Ottomans came in cleaned house and made us members of the empire and helped build schuls, schools and made us leaders of towns and in world war 2 saved lots of Jews from the nasty catholic Hitler and Pope. Ottoman empire was one of the best empires in the world  Grin

LOL
Charles Martel
Warned
Archon

« Reply #36 on: August 18, 2012, 10:59:18 PM »

Agreed.

Consider the source.

If you think Muslims are so great then go live with them Jew, this  has nothing to do with the thread.

This is about Eastern Christians and their fate in the East

Go derail another thread about your precious "muslims". Roll Eyes

Kerdy
Warned
Taxiarches

« Reply #37 on: August 18, 2012, 11:29:00 PM »

Agreed.

Consider the source.

Just based off your WW2 comment, I think your version of history is skewed.
jewish voice
High Elder

« Reply #38 on: August 19, 2012, 12:28:22 AM »

Agreed.

Consider the source.

Just based off your WW2 comment, I think your version of history is skewed.
The Reichskonkordat was a treaty between the Holy See and Nazi Germany, that guaranteed the rights of the Catholic Church in Germany. It was signed on 20 July 1933 by Secretary of State Eugenio Pacelli (who later became Pope Pius XII) and Vice Chancellor Franz von Papen on behalf of Pope Pius XI and President Paul von Hindenburg respectively. The Reichskonkordat is the most controversial of several concordats agreed between various states and the Vatican during the reign of Pope Pius XI and is frequently discussed in works that deal with the rise of Hitler in the early 1930s and the Holocaust. The concordat has been described as giving moral legitimacy to the Nazi regime soon after Hitler had acquired dictatorial powers, and placing constraints on Catholic critics of the regime, leading to a muted response by the Church to Nazi policies. From a Roman Catholic church perspective it has been argued that the concordat prevented even greater evils being unleashed against the Church. Though the German bishops were unenthusiastic, and the Allies felt it was inappropriate, Pope Pius XII argued to keep the concordat at the end of World War II and the treaty is still in force today
They still keep the kill Jew's on the old books I think you might want to go back and reread your history again

hitler said to the bishop Berning in Rome “I have been attacked because of my handling of the Jewish question. The Catholic Church considered the Jews pestilent for fifteen hundred years, put them in ghettos, etc., because it recognized the Jews for what they were. In the epoch of liberalism the danger was no longer recognized. I am moving back toward the time in which a fifteen-hundred-year-long tradition was implemented. I do not set race over religion, but I recognize the representatives of this race as pestilent for the state and for the Church, and perhaps I am thereby doing Christianity a great service by pushing them out of schools and public functions.” Berning give him a blessing
jewish voice
High Elder

« Reply #39 on: August 19, 2012, 12:32:39 AM »

Agreed.

Consider the source.

If you think Muslims are so great then go live with them Jew, this  has nothing to do with the thread.

As for you all I can say is your lucky we don't know each other out side of this forum ........ you really should be thanking G-d for that  Wink
SolEX01
Toumarches

Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America, Holy Metropolis of New Jersey

« Reply #40 on: August 19, 2012, 12:49:39 AM »

Yep while the Byzantine empire was trying to kill off my people

your people?  There were no Protestants in the Byzantine Empire.
NicholasMyra
Avowed denominationalist
Taxiarches

Jurisdiction: Antiochian/Greek

When in doubt, say: "you lack the proper φρόνημα"

« Reply #41 on: August 19, 2012, 03:12:40 AM »

Cool it with the LARP, now.

Quote from: Orthonorm
if Christ does and says x. And someone else does and says not x and you are ever in doubt, follow Christ.
Charles Martel
Warned
Archon

« Reply #42 on: August 19, 2012, 04:43:28 AM »

Agreed.

Consider the source.

As for you all I can say is your lucky we don't know each other out side of this forum ........ you really should be thanking G-d for that  Wink
LoL! Yea, OK, whatever.... Roll Eyes But you're probably right about that, I really am glad I don't know you out there in the real world, then I'd have to hear you eulogizing "moo-slims" in person. I thank the Lord Jesus Christ for that.

BTW, who's "G-d" ? Are you referring to the first person in the Trinity or does it pain you to say his name?

And really, this distortion over "Hitler's Pope" has been played out already, it's nothing but anti-Catholic propaganda, Pius XII was of the greatest of Popes, the man should be canonized some day regardless of heretical attacks on his good name.

But again, you can go start another thread on your hatred of 20th century Roman pontiffs.

Try to stay on topic here, which is Christians in the East and the  danger they're in.

Charles Martel
Warned
Archon

« Reply #43 on: August 19, 2012, 04:45:43 AM »

Cool it with the LARP, now.
Sorry, not familiar with that acronym.

Charles Martel
Warned
Archon

« Reply #44 on: August 19, 2012, 04:53:29 AM »

Bartholomew I: Peace in Syria and throughout the world

The Ecumenical Patriarch of Constantinople is concerned about the situation in the country and the fate of the Syrian Christian community. Pain for the rest of the Middle East, Nigeria and Sudan. Need to combat religious fundamentalism manipulated for political purposes. “A crime committed in the name of religion is a crime against religion.”

http://theorthodoxchurch.info/blog/news/2012/08/bartholomew-i-peace-in-syria-and-throughout-the-world/

Tags:
Pages: 1 2 3 4  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: