OrthodoxChristianity.net
October 24, 2014, 09:08:04 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Confession help  (Read 208 times) Average Rating: 0
God Bless3232

Faith: Greek Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: I have been a Greek Orthodox Christian all my life!!! Down with the atheists

« on: August 02, 2012, 03:54:39 PM »

I have regretfully in the past masturbated. I feel very regretful and sorry. When confessing to my spiritual father do i tell him i masturbated or is their a cleaner way to say it, like self abuse, lust.....etc. Is it inappropriate to say masturbation in front of a Greek orthodox monk.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2012, 03:55:07 PM by God Bless3232 » Logged
gzt

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: OCA, then GOA, now OCA

« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2012, 03:57:51 PM »

He's heard worse. Just tell it like it is. There are many ways to "self abuse" and many ways to lust. Use the right word. You were not ashamed before God when you committed the act, so you should not be ashamed to confess it.
Schultz
Christian. Guitarist. Zymurgist. Librarian.
Taxiarches

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: OCA

Scion of the McKeesport Becks.

« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2012, 04:00:23 PM »

He's heard worse. Just tell it like it is. There are many ways to "self abuse" and many ways to lust. Use the right word. You were not ashamed before God when you committed the act, so you should not be ashamed to confess it.

What he said.

Say it for what it is.  I know it's hard.  You should be ashamed to say it (it shows that you're aware it's wrong).  And you should be relieved to say it and put it out there.

"Hearing a nun's confession is like being stoned to death with popcorn." --Abp. Fulton Sheen
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: