OrthodoxChristianity.net
September 17, 2014, 11:56:54 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Philokalia- The Complete Text Online  (Read 4869 times) Average Rating: 0
Severian
God save Egypt, Syria, Lebanon & Iraq
Protokentarchos

Faith: Coptic/Egyptian Orthodoxy

In solidarity with Iraqi and Syrian Christians

Partisangirl
« on: July 29, 2012, 11:14:56 AM »

Here is something I thought be could be of interest to everyone. You can view the text in a variety of formats.

http://archive.org/details/Philokalia-TheCompleteText

On hiatus from posting. Forgive me if my posts have lacked humility or tact. Note that some of my older posts -especially those prior to late 2012- may not reflect my current views. In the meantime, please pray for my sinful self as I am in a critical and unsure juncture in my life. Thank you.
Nikolaostheservant
High Elder

Faith: greek orthodox
Jurisdiction: christian

« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2012, 11:30:49 AM »

WOO hoo, this is great! Thank you!
Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2012, 12:40:01 AM »

B-to-the-U-to-the-M-to-the-P

Yes, yes, youth is wasted on the young. And so is accumulated experience wasted on the old, the positives of modernism wasted on moderns, the beauty of Christianity wasted on Christians, the utility of scholarship wasted on scholars, and on and on.
Severian
Protokentarchos

Partisangirl
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2012, 12:45:40 AM »

I think I am going to bump this thread at least once a month, so people can have more access to it. I might do the same with my "Unseen Warfare" thread.

On hiatus from posting. Forgive me if my posts have lacked humility or tact. Note that some of my older posts -especially those prior to late 2012- may not reflect my current views. In the meantime, please pray for my sinful self as I am in a critical and unsure juncture in my life. Thank you.
Severian
Protokentarchos

Partisangirl
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2012, 08:01:49 PM »

I think I am going to bump this thread at least once a month, so people can have more access to it. I might do the same with my "Unseen Warfare" thread.
It says that there are blank or non-referenced pages in the document. Does that mean it is *not* the complete text?
« Last Edit: August 31, 2012, 08:20:13 PM by Severian » Logged

Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2012, 08:13:33 PM »

For those who'd like it in book form I believe Light N Life and Eastern Christian Supply Company both sell the 4 volume set for about $80.

Yes, yes, youth is wasted on the young. And so is accumulated experience wasted on the old, the positives of modernism wasted on moderns, the beauty of Christianity wasted on Christians, the utility of scholarship wasted on scholars, and on and on.
phronesis

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: AWRV

St. Mark, Pillar of Orthodoxy, pray for me.

« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2012, 04:47:18 PM »

Well, not precisely complete, as Volume 5 is not there (I believe it has not yet been translated).
Shiny
Site Supporter
Moderated
Toumarches

Faith: Groucho Marxist
Jurisdiction: Dahntahn Stoop Haus

Paint It Red

« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2012, 04:50:07 PM »

How many volumes are there?

“There is your brother, naked, crying, and you stand there confused over the choice of an attractive floor covering.”

– St. Ambrose of Milan
phronesis

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: AWRV

St. Mark, Pillar of Orthodoxy, pray for me.

« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2012, 04:51:16 PM »

How many volumes are there?

Five.
mabsoota
Archon

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Coptic

Kyrie eleison

« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2012, 04:55:44 PM »

wow, this is awesome!
thanks for the bump
 Smiley
Severian
Protokentarchos

Partisangirl
« Reply #10 on: October 03, 2012, 08:40:50 PM »

It says that there are blank or non-referenced pages in the document. Does that mean it is *not* the complete text?

Shiny
Site Supporter
Moderated
Toumarches

Faith: Groucho Marxist
Jurisdiction: Dahntahn Stoop Haus

Paint It Red

« Reply #11 on: October 03, 2012, 08:41:17 PM »

“There is your brother, naked, crying, and you stand there confused over the choice of an attractive floor covering.”

– St. Ambrose of Milan
Severian
Protokentarchos

Partisangirl
« Reply #12 on: November 23, 2012, 08:53:54 AM »

Cyrillic
Merarches

Ceci n'est pas une pipe

« Reply #13 on: November 23, 2012, 08:57:41 AM »

I bookmarked it.

"But slay her he did not, for between dream and deed laws and practicalities remain"
-Willem Elschot, 'The Marriage'.
J Michael
Older than dirt; dumber than a box of rocks; colossally ignorant; a little crazy ;-)
Merarches

Faith: Byzantine Catholic

Lord, have mercy! I live under a rock. Alleluia!

« Reply #14 on: August 13, 2013, 03:13:46 PM »

Nobody's bumped this for quite a while, so...................................

B.U.M.P.

"May Thy Cross, O Lord, in which I seek refuge, be for me a bridge across the great river of fire.  May I pass along it to the habitation of life." ~St. Ephraim the Syrian

"Sometimes you're the windshield.  Sometimes you're the bug." ~ Mark Knopfler (?)
Severian
Protokentarchos

Partisangirl
« Reply #15 on: August 14, 2013, 09:33:44 AM »

Nobody's bumped this for quite a while, so...................................

B.U.M.P.

Thanks. Smiley

Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: