Author Topic: Gay Marriage, Testament laws, and Chick-Fil-A  (Read 17302 times)

Online Papist

• Patriarch of Pontification
  • Toumarches
  • Praying for the Christians in Iraq
Re: Gay Marriage, Testament laws, and Chick-Fil-A
« Reply #360 on: September 19, 2012, 07:09:01 PM »
Chick-fil-A Ceases Anti-gay Donations, Clarifies Stance on Gay Customers & Employees

September 18, 2012 – Chicago, Illinois – The Civil Rights Agenda (TCRA), Illinois’ leading lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender (LGBT) civil rights advocacy organization, has learned that Alderman Moreno has finalized his negotiations with Chick-Fil-A.  Alderman Moreno has confirmed that Chick-fil-A will no longer give money to anti-gay organizations and that they have clarified in an internal document that the company will treat every person equally, regardless of sexual orientation. The Civil Rights Agenda worked closely with the Alderman in an advisory role as he negotiated these concessions with the executives at Chick-fil-A.  Additionally, members of TCRA spoke directly with executives at Chick-fil-A during negotiations to aid in educating their decision makers about anti-discrimination policies and issues affecting the LGBT community.

In a letter addressed to Alderman Moreno and signed by Chick-fil-A’s Senior Director of Real Estate, it states, “The WinShape Foundations is now taking a much closer look at the organizations it considers helping, and in that process will remain true to its stated philosophy of not supporting organizations with political agendas.”  Winshape, a non-profit funded by Chick-fil-a, has donated millions of dollars to anti-LGBT groups, including some classified as hate groups.  In meetings the company executives clarified that they will no longer give to anti-gay organizations.
Smart move.
Unfortante. They caved to the lefty bullies.

The Market has decided. You should be happy.
The market did not decide. Chick fil a was still pulling in plenty of money. Lefties in the media decided.

This is the naivete of you invisible hand types. The market always decides. The invisible hand operates within the media, government, labor unions, communists, etc.

You just like the invisible within your own image.

Adam Smith has the tautological insight of a Taoist.

Do you think I believe in "the invisible hand?"
You are right. I apologize for having sacked Constantinople. I really need to stop doing that.

Offline primuspilus

• Taxiarches
  • Inserting personal quote here.
    • Holy Trinity Orthodox Church
  • Faith: Western Rite Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: AOCNA - Diocese of Charleston and beyond
« Reply #361 on: September 19, 2012, 07:10:27 PM »
Chick-fil-A Ceases Anti-gay Donations, Clarifies Stance on Gay Customers & Employees

September 18, 2012 – Chicago, Illinois – The Civil Rights Agenda (TCRA), Illinois’ leading lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender (LGBT) civil rights advocacy organization, has learned that Alderman Moreno has finalized his negotiations with Chick-Fil-A.  Alderman Moreno has confirmed that Chick-fil-A will no longer give money to anti-gay organizations and that they have clarified in an internal document that the company will treat every person equally, regardless of sexual orientation. The Civil Rights Agenda worked closely with the Alderman in an advisory role as he negotiated these concessions with the executives at Chick-fil-A.  Additionally, members of TCRA spoke directly with executives at Chick-fil-A during negotiations to aid in educating their decision makers about anti-discrimination policies and issues affecting the LGBT community.

In a letter addressed to Alderman Moreno and signed by Chick-fil-A’s Senior Director of Real Estate, it states, “The WinShape Foundations is now taking a much closer look at the organizations it considers helping, and in that process will remain true to its stated philosophy of not supporting organizations with political agendas.”  Winshape, a non-profit funded by Chick-fil-a, has donated millions of dollars to anti-LGBT groups, including some classified as hate groups.  In meetings the company executives clarified that they will no longer give to anti-gay organizations.
Smart move.

What hate groups?

My thoughts exactly.  What hate groups?
Find any LGBT group and you have a hate group. Those people make me sick with how much vitriol they spew at anyone who does not agree with them.

PP
"I confidently affirm that whoever calls himself Universal Bishop is the precursor of Antichrist"
Gregory the Great

"Never, never, never let anyone tell you that, in order to be Orthodox, you must also be eastern." St. John Maximovitch, The Wonderworker

Offline Kerdy

• Taxiarches
« Reply #362 on: September 19, 2012, 09:12:36 PM »

Smart move.

What hate groups?

Find any LGBT group and you have a hate group. Those people make me sick with how much vitriol they spew at anyone who does not agree with them.

PP

You and I understand this to pretty much spot on, but the ignorant masses have been dooped.

Offline TheMathematician

• OC.net guru
  • Formerly known as Montalo
  • Faith: Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: ACROD
« Reply #363 on: September 19, 2012, 10:37:15 PM »

Smart move.

What hate groups?

PP

You and I understand this to pretty much spot on, but the ignorant masses have been dooped.

I would like to counter that point with the You Can Play Project
http://youcanplayproject.org (link is to their official site)

Offline Kerdy

• Taxiarches
« Reply #364 on: September 19, 2012, 11:06:05 PM »

Smart move.

What hate groups?

My thoughts exactly.  What hate groups?

PP

The most hateful and mean spirited people I have ever seen are so called tolerants.  It doesn't matter what group or their cause.  They are vicious evil people who want you to succumb to their ways or they attempt to destroy you.  Counter as much as you want.  The evidence supports our statements.

But as I always say, there will be an exception now and again.  However, most have become the very thing they claim to fight against.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2012, 11:07:37 PM by Kerdy »

Offline JamesRottnek

• Protokentarchos
  • I am Bibleman; putting 'the' back in the Ukraine
« Reply #365 on: September 20, 2012, 12:18:58 AM »

Smart move.

What hate groups?

PP

Really?  Because when people are shouting and screaming on sopboaxes at ASU, it's invariably a man calling for the repentance of "those evil and wicked blasphemers of God: the homosexuals."  I have yet to encounter an LGBT group shouting at me as I walk to the library.
I know a secret about a former Supreme Court Justice.  Can you guess what it is?

The greatest tragedy in the world is when a cigarette ends.

American Spirits - the eco-friendly cigarette.

Preston Robert Kinney (September 8th, 1997-August 14, 2011

Offline JamesRottnek

• Protokentarchos
  • I am Bibleman; putting 'the' back in the Ukraine
« Reply #366 on: September 20, 2012, 07:13:25 AM »

Smart move.

What hate groups?

PP

The most hateful and mean spirited people I have ever seen are so called tolerants.  It doesn't matter what group or their cause.  They are vicious evil people who want you to succumb to their ways or they attempt to destroy you.  Counter as much as you want.  The evidence supports our statements.

But as I always say, there will be an exception now and again.  However, most have become the very thing they claim to fight against.

That's why people should have love, instead of tolerance or hate.
I know a secret about a former Supreme Court Justice.  Can you guess what it is?

The greatest tragedy in the world is when a cigarette ends.

American Spirits - the eco-friendly cigarette.

Preston Robert Kinney (September 8th, 1997-August 14, 2011

Offline christian7777

• Elder
« Reply #367 on: September 30, 2012, 03:32:56 PM »
Had some Chick-Fil-A this afternoon. Place was filled to the brim.

The last couple of weeks I've been eating spicy chicken sandwiches there a lot. :)
« Last Edit: September 30, 2012, 03:34:46 PM by christian7777 »

Offline Kerdy

• Taxiarches
« Reply #368 on: October 01, 2012, 06:48:50 AM »

Smart move.

What hate groups?

PP

That's why people should have love, instead of tolerance or hate.
I think you may be on to something.

Offline tweety234

• High Elder
« Reply #369 on: December 05, 2012, 10:12:09 PM »
Someone quipped: "Is metropolitn Philip going to give a dispensation for chicken on Wed. to  all our culture warriors?" Plus it's the beginning of the fast, you know.

The whole purpose of the fast is to eat fast food.

yeah. hamburgers. delicioso!
“God has no religion.”
― Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi

Offline Jetavan

• Argumentum ad australopithecum
  • Taxiarches
  • Barlaam and Josaphat
    • The Mystical Theology
« Reply #370 on: December 05, 2012, 10:22:04 PM »
Ich bin ein Hamburger.
If you will, you can become all flame.
Extra caritatem nulla salus.
In order to become whole, take the "I" out of "holiness".
सर्वभूतहित
Ἄνω σχῶμεν τὰς καρδίας
"Those who say religion has nothing to do with politics do not know what religion is." -- Mohandas Gandhi
Y dduw bo'r diolch.

Offline Justin Kissel

• •|•|•
  • Protospatharios
« Reply #371 on: December 05, 2012, 10:22:53 PM »
Oh, look at what thread is back. Wonderful.  :P

Offline tweety234

• High Elder
« Reply #372 on: December 05, 2012, 10:26:28 PM »
I don't know what this thread is about, but I'm on Chick-Fil-A's side.

That is like saying, I don't know what bananas are. But they are quite tasty.
“God has no religion.”
― Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi

Offline Jetavan

• Taxiarches
  • Barlaam and Josaphat
    • The Mystical Theology
« Reply #373 on: January 31, 2013, 01:04:02 PM »
(CNN) -- Chick-fil-A restaurants' philanthropic WinShape Foundation no longer funds the most controversial and politically charged anti-same-sex-marriage groups and has not since 2011, according to Campus Pride, a leading national LGBT campus organization.
Windmeyer acknowledged that WinShape continues to fund groups that don't condone same-sex marriage based on biblical beliefs but says these groups, such as the Fellowship of Christian Athletes, don't operate with the same hard-nosed political agenda the other groups [e.g., Family Research Council; Exodus International] are known for.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2013, 01:04:40 PM by Jetavan »
सर्वभूतहित
Ἄνω σχῶμεν τὰς καρδίας
"Those who say religion has nothing to do with politics do not know what religion is." -- Mohandas Gandhi
Y dduw bo'r diolch.

Offline That person

• OC.net guru
  • Long live Commie Superman
« Reply #374 on: January 31, 2013, 05:19:46 PM »

September 18, 2012 – Chicago, Illinois – The Civil Rights Agenda (TCRA), Illinois’ leading lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender (LGBT) civil rights advocacy organization, has learned that Alderson Moreno has finalized his negotiations with Chick-Fil-A.  Alderman Moreno has confirmed that Chick-fil-A will no longer give money to anti-gay organizations and that they have clarified in an internal document that the company will treat every person equally, regardless of sexual orientation. The Civil Rights Agenda worked closely with the Alderman in an advisory role as he negotiated these concessions with the executives at Chick-fil-A.  Additionally, members of TCRA spoke directly with executives at Chick-fil-A during negotiations to aid in educating their decision makers about anti-discrimination policies and issues affecting the LGBT community.

Smart move.

The market did not decide. Chick fil a was still pulling in plenty of money. Lefties in the media decided.
The liberal media establishment, to the extent that it's actually a thing, is a product of the free market.
"Some have such command of their bowels, that they can break wind continuously at pleasure, so as to produce the effect of singing."- St. Augustine of Hippo

Movie reviews you can trust.

Offline Jetavan

• Taxiarches
  • Barlaam and Josaphat
    • The Mystical Theology
« Reply #375 on: September 08, 2014, 11:33:45 AM »
Chick-fil-A founder Truett Cathy dies, leaves legacy of faith in business
But more intriguing than the financial successes of the Chick-fil-A is the way it was able to weave Cathy’s faith into the corporate fabric without compromise. Cathy was a devout Southern Baptist who taught Sunday school to teenage boys for more than half a century. Because he believed that faith was not merely a private matter, it flavored the way he ran his business.
सर्वभूतहित
Ἄνω σχῶμεν τὰς καρδίας
Y dduw bo'r diolch.

Offline Gebre Menfes Kidus

• "SERVANT of The HOLY SPIRIT"
  • Merarches
  • "Lord Have Mercy on Me a Sinner!"
    • http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?ref=profile&id=1456515775
« Reply #376 on: September 09, 2014, 12:37:06 AM »
Chick-fil-A founder Truett Cathy dies, leaves legacy of faith in business
But more intriguing than the financial successes of the Chick-fil-A is the way it was able to weave Cathy’s faith into the corporate fabric without compromise. Cathy was a devout Southern Baptist who taught Sunday school to teenage boys for more than half a century. Because he believed that faith was not merely a private matter, it flavored the way he ran his business.

Went out tonight and got a Chik-Fil-A sandwich for the first time in over a year.

Truett Cathy: Memory Eternal! +++

Selam
""Love is a dangerous thing. It will crush you if you trust it. But without it you can never be whole. Love crucifies, but love saves. We will either be saved together with love, or damned alone without it."    Selam, +GMK+

Offline ialmisry

• There's nothing John of Damascus can't answer
  • Hypatos
« Reply #377 on: September 09, 2014, 01:47:33 AM »

September 18, 2012 – Chicago, Illinois – The Civil Rights Agenda (TCRA), Illinois’ leading lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender (LGBT) civil rights advocacy organization, has learned that Alderson Moreno has finalized his negotiations with Chick-Fil-A.  Alderman Moreno has confirmed that Chick-fil-A will no longer give money to anti-gay organizations and that they have clarified in an internal document that the company will treat every person equally, regardless of sexual orientation. The Civil Rights Agenda worked closely with the Alderman in an advisory role as he negotiated these concessions with the executives at Chick-fil-A.  Additionally, members of TCRA spoke directly with executives at Chick-fil-A during negotiations to aid in educating their decision makers about anti-discrimination policies and issues affecting the LGBT community.

Smart move.

The liberal media establishment, to the extent that it's actually a thing, is a product of the free market.
not according to its add revenue.
Question a friend, perhaps he did not do it; but if he did anything so that he may do it no more.
A hasty quarrel kindles fire,
and urgent strife sheds blood.
If you blow on a spark, it will glow;
if you spit on it, it will be put out;
                           and both come out of your mouth

Offline Timon

• OC.net guru
  • Jurisdiction: OCA
« Reply #378 on: February 24, 2015, 02:42:25 PM »
I am resurrecting plenty of old threads today!

I just recently started working at the Chick-Fil-A headquarters in Atlanta. What a great place to work! I dont know a company that treats their employees, including the gay ones, better than this one. They provide free breakfast and lunch (they actually cook whole meals. so its not like youre eating chicken sandwiches everyday and getting huge), and are the nicest people you could ever be around. I am very grateful to spend my days here.

Just wanted to share, because I recently had a discussion with some folks who are still "boycotting" because CFA "doesnt align with their views" and theyre mad. (I suppose that is their right!) Its sad to hear, because the leadership here is full of the nicest, most loving, compassionate people anywhere, and they do so much good around the world.
Even if we have thousands of acts of great virtue to our credit, our confidence in being heard must be based on God's mercy and His love for men. Even if we stand at the very summit of virtue, it is by mercy that we shall be saved.

— Chrysostom

BLOG

Offline Timon

• OC.net guru
« Reply #379 on: February 24, 2015, 02:44:43 PM »
Oh, I should also point out, for those who didnt know, that the 3rd highest person in the company, behind the Cathy's, is Orthodox. :)
Even if we have thousands of acts of great virtue to our credit, our confidence in being heard must be based on God's mercy and His love for men. Even if we stand at the very summit of virtue, it is by mercy that we shall be saved.

— Chrysostom

BLOG

Offline Elisha

• Protokentarchos
« Reply #380 on: February 24, 2015, 02:50:29 PM »
The best reason to boycott Chic-fil-a is because it is unhealthy fast food.

And I'm not sure I would call it "boycotting" as opposed to not patronizing.  What's the difference anyway?
« Last Edit: February 24, 2015, 02:51:18 PM by Elisha »

Offline Timon

• OC.net guru
« Reply #381 on: February 24, 2015, 02:57:08 PM »
I didnt re-read the whole thread, so I wasnt referencing anyone here. I was referencing conversations outside of here that I recently had where "boycotting" was the term used.

And sure, the food is unhealthy. Certainly wouldnt recommend eating it daily. But you could say that for almost every restaurant. I think they are healthier than many other options.

— Chrysostom

BLOG

Offline truth_seeker

« Reply #382 on: February 24, 2015, 03:27:28 PM »
My husband's caregiver won't eat at Chick-fil-A because he claims they "hate gays". Considering that gays eat and work there, that attitude is kind of silly, imo. I worked at CFA for 2 years and they treat their employees better than any other company I've worked for, before or since.

Offline Timon

• OC.net guru
« Reply #383 on: February 24, 2015, 03:39:38 PM »
Yup. And as far as the corporate office is concerned, I can vouch that nobody here "hates" anyone. Its quite the opposite actually.

— Chrysostom

BLOG

Offline Cyrillic

• Arbiter Elegantiarum
  • Toumarches
  • We must go back!
  • Jurisdiction: But my heart belongs to Finland
« Reply #384 on: February 24, 2015, 03:40:04 PM »
Yup. And as far as the corporate office is concerned, I can vouch that nobody here "hates" anyone. Its quite the opposite actually.

Not even KFC?
« Last Edit: February 24, 2015, 03:40:12 PM by Cyrillic »
"Par ma foi! Il y a plus de quarante ans que je dis de la prose sans que j'en susse rien."
-Molière, The Middle-Class Gentleman.

Offline Timon

• OC.net guru
« Reply #385 on: February 24, 2015, 03:43:43 PM »

Not even KFC?

lol.

Although it may seem odd, I dont believe they consider them much of a threat. They view the higher level fast food (Panera, Starbucks, etc) as their primary competition.

— Chrysostom

BLOG

Online Papist

• Toumarches
« Reply #386 on: February 24, 2015, 03:45:32 PM »
Chick Fila may not be the healthiest choice, but their sandwiches are healthier than Big Mac's, Quarter Pounders, and Whoppers.
You are right. I apologize for having sacked Constantinople. I really need to stop doing that.

Online Papist

• Toumarches
« Reply #387 on: February 24, 2015, 03:45:55 PM »

Not even KFC?
Do people still eat at KFC?

Offline TheMathematician

• OC.net guru
  • Formerly known as Montalo
  • Jurisdiction: ACROD
« Reply #388 on: February 24, 2015, 04:08:36 PM »
Chick Fila may not be the healthiest choice, but their sandwiches are healthier than Big Mac's, Quarter Pounders, and Whoppers.

Not to mention, taste better

Offline Cyrillic

• Arbiter Elegantiarum
  • Toumarches
  • We must go back!
« Reply #389 on: February 24, 2015, 04:16:40 PM »

Not even KFC?

I wouldn't know, since I haven't been there for ages. But I do suppose so, or else they should have gone bankrupt at some point or another.
"Par ma foi! Il y a plus de quarante ans que je dis de la prose sans que j'en susse rien."

Offline Timon

• OC.net guru
« Reply #390 on: February 24, 2015, 04:18:45 PM »

Not even KFC?

I wouldn't know, since I haven't been there for ages. But I do suppose so, or else they should have gone bankrupt at some point or another.

KFC is an occasional guilty pleasure of mine. However, I only eat there when I know I dont have any plans the following day.

— Chrysostom

BLOG

Offline ialmisry

• Hypatos
« Reply #391 on: February 24, 2015, 04:19:47 PM »
My husband's caregiver won't eat at Chick-fil-A because he claims they "hate gays". Considering that gays eat and work there, that attitude is kind of silly, imo. I worked at CFA for 2 years and they treat their employees better than any other company I've worked for, before or since.

I just recently started working at the Chick-Fil-A headquarters in Atlanta. What a great place to work! I dont know a company that treats their employees, including the gay ones, better than this one. They provide free breakfast and lunch (they actually cook whole meals. so its not like youre eating chicken sandwiches everyday and getting huge), and are the nicest people you could ever be around. I am very grateful to spend my days here.

Just wanted to share, because I recently had a discussion with some folks who are still "boycotting" because CFA "doesnt align with their views" and theyre mad. (I suppose that is their right!) Its sad to hear, because the leadership here is full of the nicest, most loving, compassionate people anywhere, and they do so much good around the world.
I was wondering about the working conditions just the week before last, when I went to the nearest Chick-Fil-A.  The staff is always cheerful. I wondered do they beat them to make them smile or else? ;)
« Last Edit: February 24, 2015, 04:21:48 PM by ialmisry »
Question a friend, perhaps he did not do it; but if he did anything so that he may do it no more.

Offline ialmisry

• Hypatos
« Reply #392 on: February 24, 2015, 04:20:30 PM »

Not even KFC?

KFC is an occasional guilty pleasure of mine. However, I only eat there when I know I dont have any plans the following day.
I actually prefer KFC.

Offline Timon

• OC.net guru
« Reply #393 on: February 24, 2015, 04:22:39 PM »

I was wondering about the working conditions just the week before last, when I went to the nearest Chick-Fil-A.  The staff is always cheerful. I wondered do they beat them to make them smile or else? ;)

I have toured the facility where they beat the ones who dont smile enough!!

But seriously... They have a 97% retention rate at the HQ. People dont leave bc they love it. If it were a bad company, that rate would be significantly lower.

— Chrysostom

BLOG

Offline Cyrillic

• Arbiter Elegantiarum
  • Toumarches
  • We must go back!
« Reply #394 on: February 24, 2015, 04:22:53 PM »

Not even KFC?

I actually prefer KFC.

KFC is outrageously expensive, especially when you compare KFC to other fast-food restaurants. I could buy half a roasted chicken for the price of a few chunks of chicken at KFC.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2015, 04:23:39 PM by Cyrillic »

Offline Elisha

• Protokentarchos
« Reply #395 on: February 24, 2015, 04:44:56 PM »

The term would be "less bad".  "Healthier" is kind of relative.  It's still fast food.  A chicken sandwich at even Denny's or IHOP is likely much better in taste and quality.

Offline Timon

• OC.net guru
« Reply #396 on: February 24, 2015, 04:46:42 PM »

The term would be "less bad".  "Healthier" is kind of relative.  It's still fast food.  A chicken sandwich at even Denny's or IHOP is likely much better in taste and quality.

*falls out of chair upon reading this blasphemy*

You must be from the west coast or something and arent very familiar with CFA.

— Chrysostom

BLOG

Offline Elisha

• Protokentarchos
« Reply #397 on: February 24, 2015, 04:47:48 PM »

*Ahem*.....the beatings will continue until morale improves.   ;)

Years ago when I worked at a certain Property & Casualty insurance company, someone had that statement posted on the outside of their cube.  I think it was there for nearly a couple of years before it just disappeared one day.   :D

Offline Elisha

• Protokentarchos
« Reply #398 on: February 24, 2015, 04:53:56 PM »

1) yes, I live on the west coast (California Wine Country) 2) yes I have eaten at Chic-fil-a (maybe twice now).  A location opened up in town a year or so ago. 3) Chic-fil-a HQ is located in Georgia, which is in "The South" (or even the "Deep South") which has the most unhealthy overall eating habits in the country.

I haven't set foot in a McD's or Burger King in a few years now and there are others I only patronize a handful of times a year combined.

Offline Timon

• OC.net guru
« Reply #399 on: February 24, 2015, 04:59:37 PM »

1) yes, I live on the west coast (California Wine Country) 2) yes I have eaten at Chic-fil-a (maybe twice now).  A location opened up in town a year or so ago. 3) Chic-fil-a HQ is located in Georgia, which is in "The South" (or even the "Deep South") which has the most unhealthy overall eating habits in the country.

I haven't set foot in a McD's or Burger King in a few years now and there are others I only patronize a handful of times a year combined.

True we have some bad eating habits! Unless you actually live in ATL like I do. There are plenty of hip/vegan/organic/healthy options here. We still have plenty of pub grub though. Arent many chain establishments near me. While Georgia is full of rednecks, like the stereotype you have in your mind, Atlanta is nothing like the rest of the state.

The midwest is the only region that compares to the souths eating habits. Food is equally as unhealthy, but the portions are nearly double.

— Chrysostom

BLOG

Online Papist

• Toumarches
« Reply #400 on: February 24, 2015, 06:07:30 PM »

Not to mention, taste better

tru dat!

Online Papist

• Toumarches
« Reply #401 on: February 24, 2015, 06:09:30 PM »
There is a Chick-Fil-A on campus where I work, constantly tempting me with its tasty morsels.

Offline Timon

• OC.net guru
« Reply #402 on: February 24, 2015, 06:12:35 PM »
There is a Chick-Fil-A on campus where I work, constantly tempting me with its tasty morsels.

I have access to all the free CFA i want on a daily basis. Including soft serve machines and milkshakes. This is not the easiest place to be an Orthodox Christian during Lent! We do have a good salad bar, and plenty of veggies with each meal also. Like I said, one of the top guys in the whole company is Orthodox. And there are a handful of us scattered around as well.

If I can do Lent here, with only limited failures, Ill be a saint by Pascha!

— Chrysostom

BLOG

Online Papist

• Toumarches
« Reply #403 on: February 24, 2015, 06:16:56 PM »

I have access to all the free CFA i want on a daily basis. Including soft serve machines and milkshakes. This is not the easiest place to be an Orthodox Christian during Lent! We do have a good salad bar, and plenty of veggies with each meal also. Like I said, one of the top guys in the whole company is Orthodox. And there are a handful of us scattered around as well.

If I can do Lent here, with only limited failures, Ill be a saint by Pascha!

You are a Christian soldier my friend, a Christian soldier.

Offline Marc1152

• Toumarches
  • Probiotic .. Antibiotic
  • Jurisdiction: Rocor
« Reply #404 on: February 25, 2015, 03:48:27 PM »
I have a couple of Orthodox friends who work there and are treated very well..

I am also impressed with the level of service you get there.... I wonder if they have a higher pay scale than the other fast food places? I really dont know

Chicken is not unhealthy... Toss the sugary bun.
Your idea has been debunked 1000 times already.. Maybe 1001 will be the charm