OrthodoxChristianity.net
July 22, 2014, 07:16:39 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Gay Marriage, Testament laws, and Chick-Fil-A  (Read 10620 times) Average Rating: 0
Papist
Patriarch of Pontification
Toumarches

Faith: Catholic
Jurisdiction: Byzantine

Truth, Justice, and the American way!

« Reply #360 on: September 19, 2012, 07:09:01 PM »

Chick-fil-A Ceases Anti-gay Donations, Clarifies Stance on Gay Customers & Employees

September 18, 2012 – Chicago, Illinois – The Civil Rights Agenda (TCRA), Illinois’ leading lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender (LGBT) civil rights advocacy organization, has learned that Alderman Moreno has finalized his negotiations with Chick-Fil-A.  Alderman Moreno has confirmed that Chick-fil-A will no longer give money to anti-gay organizations and that they have clarified in an internal document that the company will treat every person equally, regardless of sexual orientation. The Civil Rights Agenda worked closely with the Alderman in an advisory role as he negotiated these concessions with the executives at Chick-fil-A.  Additionally, members of TCRA spoke directly with executives at Chick-fil-A during negotiations to aid in educating their decision makers about anti-discrimination policies and issues affecting the LGBT community.

In a letter addressed to Alderman Moreno and signed by Chick-fil-A’s Senior Director of Real Estate, it states, “The WinShape Foundations is now taking a much closer look at the organizations it considers helping, and in that process will remain true to its stated philosophy of not supporting organizations with political agendas.”  Winshape, a non-profit funded by Chick-fil-a, has donated millions of dollars to anti-LGBT groups, including some classified as hate groups.  In meetings the company executives clarified that they will no longer give to anti-gay organizations.
Smart move.
Unfortante. They caved to the lefty bullies.

The Market has decided. You should be happy.
The market did not decide. Chick fil a was still pulling in plenty of money. Lefties in the media decided.

This is the naivete of you invisible hand types. The market always decides. The invisible hand operates within the media, government, labor unions, communists, etc.

You just like the invisible within your own image.

Adam Smith has the tautological insight of a Taoist.

Do you think I believe in "the invisible hand?"

Note Papist's influence from the tyrannical monarchism of traditional papism .
primuspilus
Taxiarches

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Antiochian Orthodox Archdiocese of North America - Western Rite Orthodox

Inserting personal quote here.

« Reply #361 on: September 19, 2012, 07:10:27 PM »

Chick-fil-A Ceases Anti-gay Donations, Clarifies Stance on Gay Customers & Employees

September 18, 2012 – Chicago, Illinois – The Civil Rights Agenda (TCRA), Illinois’ leading lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender (LGBT) civil rights advocacy organization, has learned that Alderman Moreno has finalized his negotiations with Chick-Fil-A.  Alderman Moreno has confirmed that Chick-fil-A will no longer give money to anti-gay organizations and that they have clarified in an internal document that the company will treat every person equally, regardless of sexual orientation. The Civil Rights Agenda worked closely with the Alderman in an advisory role as he negotiated these concessions with the executives at Chick-fil-A.  Additionally, members of TCRA spoke directly with executives at Chick-fil-A during negotiations to aid in educating their decision makers about anti-discrimination policies and issues affecting the LGBT community.

In a letter addressed to Alderman Moreno and signed by Chick-fil-A’s Senior Director of Real Estate, it states, “The WinShape Foundations is now taking a much closer look at the organizations it considers helping, and in that process will remain true to its stated philosophy of not supporting organizations with political agendas.”  Winshape, a non-profit funded by Chick-fil-a, has donated millions of dollars to anti-LGBT groups, including some classified as hate groups.  In meetings the company executives clarified that they will no longer give to anti-gay organizations.
Smart move.

What hate groups?

My thoughts exactly.  What hate groups?
Find any LGBT group and you have a hate group. Those people make me sick with how much vitriol they spew at anyone who does not agree with them.

PP

"I confidently affirm that whoever calls himself Universal Bishop is the precursor of Antichrist"
Gregory the Great
Kerdy
Moderated
Taxiarches

« Reply #362 on: September 19, 2012, 09:12:36 PM »

Smart move.

What hate groups?

Find any LGBT group and you have a hate group. Those people make me sick with how much vitriol they spew at anyone who does not agree with them.

PP

You and I understand this to pretty much spot on, but the ignorant masses have been dooped.
TheMathematician
Banished and Disgraced
OC.net guru

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Serbian

Formerly known as Montalo

« Reply #363 on: September 19, 2012, 10:37:15 PM »

Smart move.

What hate groups?

PP

You and I understand this to pretty much spot on, but the ignorant masses have been dooped.

I would like to counter that point with the You Can Play Project
http://youcanplayproject.org (link is to their official site)
Kerdy
Moderated
Taxiarches

« Reply #364 on: September 19, 2012, 11:06:05 PM »

Smart move.

What hate groups?

My thoughts exactly.  What hate groups?

PP

The most hateful and mean spirited people I have ever seen are so called tolerants.  It doesn't matter what group or their cause.  They are vicious evil people who want you to succumb to their ways or they attempt to destroy you.  Counter as much as you want.  The evidence supports our statements.

But as I always say, there will be an exception now and again.  However, most have become the very thing they claim to fight against.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2012, 11:07:37 PM by Kerdy » Logged
JamesRottnek
Protokentarchos

Faith: Anglican
Jurisdiction: Episcopal Diocese of Arizona

I am Bibleman; putting 'the' back in the Ukraine

« Reply #365 on: September 20, 2012, 12:18:58 AM »

Smart move.

What hate groups?

PP

Really?  Because when people are shouting and screaming on sopboaxes at ASU, it's invariably a man calling for the repentance of "those evil and wicked blasphemers of God: the homosexuals."  I have yet to encounter an LGBT group shouting at me as I walk to the library.

I know a secret about a former Supreme Court Justice.  Can you guess what it is?

The greatest tragedy in the world is when a cigarette ends.

American Spirits - the eco-friendly cigarette.

Preston Robert Kinney (September 8th, 1997-August 14, 2011
JamesRottnek
Protokentarchos

Faith: Anglican
Jurisdiction: Episcopal Diocese of Arizona

I am Bibleman; putting 'the' back in the Ukraine

« Reply #366 on: September 20, 2012, 07:13:25 AM »

Smart move.

What hate groups?

PP

The most hateful and mean spirited people I have ever seen are so called tolerants.  It doesn't matter what group or their cause.  They are vicious evil people who want you to succumb to their ways or they attempt to destroy you.  Counter as much as you want.  The evidence supports our statements.

But as I always say, there will be an exception now and again.  However, most have become the very thing they claim to fight against.

That's why people should have love, instead of tolerance or hate.

I know a secret about a former Supreme Court Justice.  Can you guess what it is?

The greatest tragedy in the world is when a cigarette ends.

American Spirits - the eco-friendly cigarette.

Preston Robert Kinney (September 8th, 1997-August 14, 2011
christian7777
Elder

Faith: Christian

« Reply #367 on: September 30, 2012, 03:32:56 PM »

Had some Chick-Fil-A this afternoon. Place was filled to the brim.

The last couple of weeks I've been eating spicy chicken sandwiches there a lot. Smiley
« Last Edit: September 30, 2012, 03:34:46 PM by christian7777 » Logged
Kerdy
Moderated
Taxiarches

« Reply #368 on: October 01, 2012, 06:48:50 AM »

Smart move.

What hate groups?

PP

That's why people should have love, instead of tolerance or hate.
I think you may be on to something.
tweety234
High Elder

Faith: Ask the Answer
Jurisdiction: Greek

« Reply #369 on: December 05, 2012, 10:12:09 PM »

Someone quipped: "Is metropolitn Philip going to give a dispensation for chicken on Wed. to  all our culture warriors?" Plus it's the beginning of the fast, you know.

The whole purpose of the fast is to eat fast food.

yeah. hamburgers. delicioso!

“God has no religion.”
― Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi
Jetavan
Most Humble Servant of Pan-Vespuccian and Holocenic Hominids
Taxiarches

Faith: Christic
Jurisdiction: Dixie

Barlaam and Josaphat

« Reply #370 on: December 05, 2012, 10:22:04 PM »

Ich bin ein Hamburger.

If you will, you can become all flame.
Extra caritatem nulla salus.
In order to become whole, take the "I" out of "holiness".
सर्वभूतहित
Ἄνω σχῶμεν τὰς καρδίας
"Those who say religion has nothing to do with politics do not know what religion is." -- Mohandas Gandhi
Y dduw bo'r diolch.
Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

Faith: BZZT

« Reply #371 on: December 05, 2012, 10:22:53 PM »

Oh, look at what thread is back. Wonderful.  Tongue
tweety234
High Elder

Faith: Ask the Answer
Jurisdiction: Greek

« Reply #372 on: December 05, 2012, 10:26:28 PM »

I don't know what this thread is about, but I'm on Chick-Fil-A's side.

That is like saying, I don't know what bananas are. But they are quite tasty.

“God has no religion.”
― Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi
Jetavan
Most Humble Servant of Pan-Vespuccian and Holocenic Hominids
Taxiarches

Faith: Christic
Jurisdiction: Dixie

Barlaam and Josaphat

« Reply #373 on: January 31, 2013, 01:04:02 PM »

(CNN) -- Chick-fil-A restaurants' philanthropic WinShape Foundation no longer funds the most controversial and politically charged anti-same-sex-marriage groups and has not since 2011, according to Campus Pride, a leading national LGBT campus organization.
Windmeyer acknowledged that WinShape continues to fund groups that don't condone same-sex marriage based on biblical beliefs but says these groups, such as the Fellowship of Christian Athletes, don't operate with the same hard-nosed political agenda the other groups [e.g., Family Research Council; Exodus International] are known for.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2013, 01:04:40 PM by Jetavan » Logged

If you will, you can become all flame.
Extra caritatem nulla salus.
In order to become whole, take the "I" out of "holiness".
सर्वभूतहित
Ἄνω σχῶμεν τὰς καρδίας
"Those who say religion has nothing to do with politics do not know what religion is." -- Mohandas Gandhi
Y dduw bo'r diolch.
That person
OC.net guru

Faith: Orthodox Catechumen
Jurisdiction: Antiochian Orthodox Christian Archdiocese of North America

Long live Commie Superman

« Reply #374 on: January 31, 2013, 05:19:46 PM »

September 18, 2012 – Chicago, Illinois – The Civil Rights Agenda (TCRA), Illinois’ leading lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender (LGBT) civil rights advocacy organization, has learned that Alderson Moreno has finalized his negotiations with Chick-Fil-A.  Alderman Moreno has confirmed that Chick-fil-A will no longer give money to anti-gay organizations and that they have clarified in an internal document that the company will treat every person equally, regardless of sexual orientation. The Civil Rights Agenda worked closely with the Alderman in an advisory role as he negotiated these concessions with the executives at Chick-fil-A.  Additionally, members of TCRA spoke directly with executives at Chick-fil-A during negotiations to aid in educating their decision makers about anti-discrimination policies and issues affecting the LGBT community.

Smart move.
Unfortante. They caved to the lefty bullies.

The Market has decided. You should be happy.
The market did not decide. Chick fil a was still pulling in plenty of money. Lefties in the media decided.
The liberal media establishment, to the extent that it's actually a thing, is a product of the free market.

"Some have such command of their bowels, that they can break wind continuously at pleasure, so as to produce the effect of singing."- St. Augustine of Hippo

Movie reviews you can trust.
Tags:
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: