OrthodoxChristianity.net
August 22, 2014, 02:09:23 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Gay Marriage, Testament laws, and Chick-Fil-A  (Read 11149 times) Average Rating: 0
jewish voice
Elder

« Reply #270 on: August 04, 2012, 10:53:36 PM »

Gays are okay with people feeling better than them.  Gays do want to keep their lifestyle to themselves, but their quality of life is purposefully infringed upon by these "pro-family" organizations.  Most want to lead normal lives like the rest of America, but because they bond outside the law their relationships don't matter.  Federal law protects against discrimination because of race, religion, ethnicity, age, sex, and disabilities.  You'll notice something is missing.  Gay partnerships do not matter to the IRS, to federal law, or to employers.  It is fully legal to discriminate as an employer and landlord (though that is starting to change) specifically on the basis of sexual orientation.    Over 1000 benefits and privileges enjoyed by heterosexual couples are denied to gays.  Some criticize the mayors for not having examples of discrimination to justly block the expansion of Chick-fil-a.  That's missing the point- discrimination against homosexuals is all too often not legally considered discrimination to begin with.

This is not simply an omission.  It is the expressed political platform of both the national Democratic and Republican parties to prevent fully equal status of gay partnerships.  I would like to believe that this cause is championed in the name of pure theocracy, in which case it would be intellectually honest.  It is more accurate to say that many equate homosexuality to  mating with wild animals, to molesting and abusing innocent children, to rape, and to fetishism.  We have seen this occur in this thread, as if the consensual loving relationship between two males or females in the manner of a male and a female is equivalent to a heinous crime.  

To say that gays are a minority, so they should keep quiet, or they are an abomination against God, so should be rightly punished, is missing the point.  Gays pay taxes.  They serve on jury duty.  They make your hair look fabulous or work in the office alongside you.  They might even be your neighbors.  They're normal Americans who generally want the same recognition that heterosexual couples get.  They might still ask you to accept them, and you may still be disgusted by their pride parades.  Fine.  They at least want the law to accept them as full citizens, and that is what this is all about.

Now the media frenzy to create a summer story, or the politicians' scramble to score points is another matter.  But this is really about gays.  And honestly, the group of people who have the full financial attention and social respect are the Christians.  Playing martyr like the world's going to end, like Satan the lord of darkness himself is stirring your coffee at Starbucks and also looking for a tax break to further his dark ends on minimum wage doesn't change the fact that the gays still have the short end of the stick legally speaking, and are actually people who want to be treated equally when it comes to the law.

I think a lot of gay bring this on themselves.......they go in your face about thier abomidable behaviour and then complain when your resist their demostrations of purient acts.   What do you guys or girls want?   Do you want us heterosexuals to demonstrate and clog up city streets to force our point of view?Huh?    We could care less about your sexual preference just keep it to your selves.........  Demonstrate some class for once.
Class?  Like the class you show when you "forget" and disparage the LGBT acronym?  When you routinely call them abominations?  Maybe they are, but do you honestly expect them to listen to you when you talk like that?

Did you know Fanta Soda was a product of Nazi Germany? When Coke syrup couldn't be had during the War they tried to keep the soda bottling operations up and going so they invented a new brand Fanta ( short for Fantasy).

http://www.snopes.com/cokelore/fanta.asp
And it's Kosher  Grin
JamesRottnek
Protokentarchos

Faith: Anglican
Jurisdiction: Episcopal Diocese of Arizona

I am Bibleman; putting 'the' back in the Ukraine

« Reply #271 on: August 04, 2012, 11:26:10 PM »

And on the 7th day the lord said "Chicken shall not be shoved down your gullets on this day, because it's the gays fault. Take that gays!"

As far as I understand it, several former employees are currently suing Chick-Fil-A for sexual discrimination. Further, the entity that is Chic-Fil-A donated a bunch of money to deplorable non-profits that lobby, among other ridiculous things, to deport American homosexuals. This is more than just a boycott on chicken. It's a human rights issue.

There's actually a woman suing them who alledges that she was fired so that she could be a stay-at-home mother.

I know a secret about a former Supreme Court Justice.  Can you guess what it is?

The greatest tragedy in the world is when a cigarette ends.

American Spirits - the eco-friendly cigarette.

Preston Robert Kinney (September 8th, 1997-August 14, 2011
JamesRottnek
Protokentarchos

« Reply #272 on: August 04, 2012, 11:26:10 PM »

I'm sure Adam Smith can find a job at Chick Fil A
I'm not so sure.  When working with the public, I believe a basic requirement is being nice.
I'd never heard of the place before. When I went this week (several times), I was taken aback by how nice they were.  Not used to that in restaurants, let alone fast food.

I've always found Chick-Fil-A employees to be rather abrupt, not very nice at all.

I know a secret about a former Supreme Court Justice.  Can you guess what it is?

JoeS2
OC.net guru

Faith: Orthodox Catholic by choice
Jurisdiction: OCA

St. Mark Defender of the true Faith (old CAF guy)

« Reply #273 on: August 04, 2012, 11:28:04 PM »

I'm not so sure.  When working with the public, I believe a basic requirement is being nice.
I'd never heard of the place before. When I went this week (several times), I was taken aback by how nice they were.  Not used to that in restaurants, let alone fast food.

This begs the question: Just how many Chick fil A's do you go to???  I've always had congenial and friendly service and the chicken is fine.

I've always found Chick-Fil-A employees to be rather abrupt, not very nice at all.
JoeS2
OC.net guru

« Reply #274 on: August 04, 2012, 11:28:45 PM »

This begs the question: Just how many Chick fil A's do you go to???  I've always had congenial and friendly service and the chicken is fine.

Shiny
Site Supporter
Moderated
Toumarches

Faith: Groucho Marxist
Jurisdiction: Dahntahn Stoop Haus

Paint It Red

« Reply #275 on: August 04, 2012, 11:57:28 PM »

Oh but you see Isa looks at Chick-Fil-A through rose-colored-conservative-glasses.

“There is your brother, naked, crying, and you stand there confused over the choice of an attractive floor covering.”

– St. Ambrose of Milan
Shiny
Site Supporter
Moderated
Toumarches

Paint It Red

« Reply #276 on: August 05, 2012, 12:00:16 AM »

And on the 7th day the lord said "Chicken shall not be shoved down your gullets on this day, because it's the gays fault. Take that gays!"

As far as I understand it, several former employees are currently suing Chick-Fil-A for sexual discrimination. Further, the entity that is Chic-Fil-A donated a bunch of money to deplorable non-profits that lobby, among other ridiculous things, to deport American homosexuals. This is more than just a boycott on chicken. It's a human rights issue.
You got any evidence of this?
Lots. You can to look it up.

YOU made the accusations, so YOU look it up!  If not, then you can just shut up.

My suspicion and hope is that Achronos (forever Aposphet to me) is commenting on the style of this particular thread. I certainly never got a decent response to my post #10. I still do not know who said what at the start and how significant they were that led to the frenzy that is this thread.
Yup, how convenient it is when they ignore your post and expect me to post sources that contradict what they believe.

“There is your brother, naked, crying, and you stand there confused over the choice of an attractive floor covering.”

– St. Ambrose of Milan
William
Protokentarchos

Faith: None

« Reply #277 on: August 05, 2012, 12:09:23 AM »

Edited because I'm not sure where the line between this discussion and what belongs in the Politics forum is.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2012, 12:14:47 AM by William » Logged

Apart from moral conduct, all that man thinks himself able to do in order to become acceptable to God is mere superstition and religious folly. - Immanuel Kant

Leave there thy gift before the altar, and go thy way; first be reconciled to thy brother, and then come and offer thy gift. - Matt. 5:24
William
Protokentarchos

« Reply #278 on: August 05, 2012, 12:11:56 AM »

Oh but you see Isa looks at Chick-Fil-A through rose-colored-conservative-glasses.

I have the same experience as Prof. Almisry.

Apart from moral conduct, all that man thinks himself able to do in order to become acceptable to God is mere superstition and religious folly. - Immanuel Kant

Leave there thy gift before the altar, and go thy way; first be reconciled to thy brother, and then come and offer thy gift. - Matt. 5:24
William
Protokentarchos

« Reply #279 on: August 05, 2012, 12:13:25 AM »

You got any evidence of this?
Lots. You can to look it up.

YOU made the accusations, so YOU look it up!  If not, then you can just shut up.

My suspicion and hope is that Achronos (forever Aposphet to me) is commenting on the style of this particular thread. I certainly never got a decent response to my post #10. I still do not know who said what at the start and how significant they were that led to the frenzy that is this thread.
Yup, how convenient it is when they ignore your post and expect me to post sources that contradict what they believe.
Is it really that hard to back up such a grave accusation?

Father H
Archon

Faith: Orthodox Christian--God's One Holy Catholic and Apostolic Church
Jurisdiction: UOCofUSA-Ecumenical Patriarchate

« Reply #280 on: August 05, 2012, 12:23:02 AM »

Based on our experience with you here, I am sure that the feeling is mutual. 

CFA employee:  "May I help you sir"
JR:  "Gimme my friggin chiggin"

lol.  Sometimes I crack myself up.  I am sure that given your lighthearted disposition that you feel the same. 
ialmisry
There's nothing John of Damascus can't answer
Hypatos

Faith: جامعي Arab confesssing the Orthodox Faith of the One, Holy, Catholic and Apostolic Church
Jurisdiction: Antioch (for now), but my heart belongs to Alexandria

« Reply #281 on: August 05, 2012, 12:53:23 AM »

Or you are just blind. Or still a baptist. you see, possibilities are endless.
You are still a blind Bolshevik, so you ought to know.

Question a friend, perhaps he did not do it; but if he did anything so that he may do it no more.
A hasty quarrel kindles fire,
and urgent strife sheds blood.
If you blow on a spark, it will glow;
if you spit on it, it will be put out;
                           and both come out of your mouth
Shiny
Site Supporter
Moderated
Toumarches

Paint It Red

« Reply #282 on: August 05, 2012, 04:26:11 AM »

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2012_Chick-fil-A_same-sex_marriage_controversy#Financial_contributions_to_groups_opposed_to_LGBT_rights

There's a start.

What is more telling are those buying Chick-Fil-A now, not at all based on the actual product, but what is ethically behind it. So a consumer who buys a chicken sandwich is also buying into the idea that they are also supporting "Pro-Family" values. Another example would be you can purchase a can of Campbell's Tomato Soup at Walmart or at a local grocery who is unionized, at the same exact price. However based upon the consumers' ethics, they may opt to shop at the local grocery because they support unions and oppose Walmart's anti-union stance, believing that they have some power behind their purchase. The thought behind the purchase is larger than what the actual purchase is.

In the mere act of consuming something there needs to be justification for it. You see it quite a bit where if you spend x amount of dollars and the company will contribute a percentage to a non-profit organization, so now you can morally justify your purchase in a sense you remove the guilt from buying something you know an impoverished child produced for mere cents. So instead of targeting the latter, instead of being charitable, we have come to the point that we feel good about consuming, and buying into the capitalism model. Which is unfortunate because [corporate] greed and corruption are both eternal traits of capitalism, regardless of the masks they sometimes wear in public. Or in Cathy's case capitalism is disguised by the cloak of biblical marriage.

So in regards to Chick-Fil-A, the vast majority may not realize they also support the unlivable wages many of the workers face and who will probably not see a penny of the boost in profits the company has made since this "controversy", and instead of being charitable towards the workers we instead would rather be charitable to an ideology.

I hope for Mr. Cathy's sake, if it is part of his interpretation of Christianity, which it probably isn't, that he would redistribute the increase in profits to the workers who had to work even harder for the excess in consumers who buy into Cathy's "Pro-family" rhetoric.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2012, 04:50:05 AM by Achronos » Logged

– St. Ambrose of Milan
ialmisry
Hypatos

Faith: جامعي Arab confesssing the Orthodox Faith of the One, Holy, Catholic and Apostolic Church

« Reply #283 on: August 05, 2012, 04:31:04 AM »

A start for what?

Question a friend, perhaps he did not do it; but if he did anything so that he may do it no more.
JoeS2
OC.net guru

« Reply #284 on: August 05, 2012, 07:34:29 AM »

""So in regards to Chick-Fil-A, the vast majority may not realize they also support the unlivable wages many of the workers face and who will probably not see a penny of the boost in profits the company has made since this "controversy", and instead of being charitable towards the workers we instead would rather be charitable to an ideology.""

Well, working a McDonalds, or Chick Fil A are any other business offers a Market driven wage scale.  These jobs were never meant to be a life long endeavour but a stepping stone to higher positions.  Those retired make use of their wages as a supplement to their 401k, those who are smart enough can get into managerial positions within the company.  And dont forget if you think you are getting screwed wage wise there are other job alternatives.  In this country we go by the Market economy to set wages.  If you find a better working wage at another place it is to you advantage to go elsewhere. This is how it works here.  Having the government set wages that mess with profit and losses always causes problems for the workers.  Secondly, any profits from this temporary boost in sales will no doubt go into opening more stores providing more employment opportunities.  Complain all you want but this is how it works here.  Open you own business and find out how this economy works.....
« Last Edit: August 05, 2012, 07:37:24 AM by JoeS2 » Logged
ialmisry
Hypatos

« Reply #285 on: August 05, 2012, 09:04:15 AM »

""So in regards to Chick-Fil-A, the vast majority may not realize they also support the unlivable wages many of the workers face and who will probably not see a penny of the boost in profits the company has made since this "controversy", and instead of being charitable towards the workers we instead would rather be charitable to an ideology.""

Well, working a McDonalds, or Chick Fil A are any other business offers a Market driven wage scale.  These jobs were never meant to be a life long endeavour but a stepping stone to higher positions.  Those retired make use of their wages as a supplement to their 401k, those who are smart enough can get into managerial positions within the company.  And dont forget if you think you are getting screwed wage wise there are other job alternatives.  In this country we go by the Market economy to set wages.  If you find a better working wage at another place it is to you advantage to go elsewhere. This is how it works here.  Having the government set wages that mess with profit and losses always causes problems for the workers.  Secondly, any profits from this temporary boost in sales will no doubt go into opening more stores providing more employment opportunities.  Complain all you want but this is how it works here.  Open you own business and find out how this economy works.....

LOL. So you saying, put up or shut up?

Yeah, I don't understand this confusion between a job and a career.

Kerdy
Moderated
Taxiarches

« Reply #286 on: August 05, 2012, 09:58:23 AM »

I still have had no one explain what "rights" they are talking about.  Everything so far is not a right, just a desire.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2012, 10:04:21 AM by Kerdy » Logged
Kerdy
Moderated
Taxiarches

« Reply #287 on: August 05, 2012, 10:03:52 AM »

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2012_Chick-fil-A_same-sex_marriage_controversy#Financial_contributions_to_groups_opposed_to_LGBT_rights

There's a start.

What is more telling are those buying Chick-Fil-A now, not at all based on the actual product, but what is ethically behind it. So a consumer who buys a chicken sandwich is also buying into the idea that they are also supporting "Pro-Family" values.
Or they are buying into the ability to express your personal opinion without being falsely attacked and persecuted for no reason.
augustin717
Taxiarches

Faith: The other ROC

« Reply #288 on: August 05, 2012, 10:27:10 AM »

As I think, Corey robin said, there is a reasonable and rational debate about how an economy should be run. The thing is that that debate takes place on the left, and the right is just so out there, that they aren't part of it.
JamesRottnek
Protokentarchos

« Reply #289 on: August 05, 2012, 10:57:24 AM »

I've been to three: one in a mall, one at ASU's student union, and one at a free standing restaurant. 

JamesRottnek
Protokentarchos

« Reply #290 on: August 05, 2012, 10:57:24 AM »

Based on our experience with you here, I am sure that the feeling is mutual. 

CFA employee:  "May I help you sir"
JR:  "Gimme my friggin chiggin"

lol.  Sometimes I crack myself up.  I am sure that given your lighthearted disposition that you feel the same. 

You are WAY off Father; the CFA employee says "How may I help you," I respond "Food.  Now!"

Shiny
Site Supporter
Moderated
Toumarches

Paint It Red

« Reply #291 on: August 05, 2012, 03:48:40 PM »

Oh really, is that why many of those who were in a career now are forced to work at stepping stone jobs just to try to support themselves? Take my father for example. Hardest working man in America, got his way all the way up the corporate ladder and was on the top paid execs. He got laid off, is in his 50s, and has about 192 job applications submitted to jobs similar to what he had before, for two years now.

But now he has to take the work from those that need those stepping stone jobs, you know the jobs that weren't supposed to be the life long endeavor. But now he doesn't have any retirement plans because his company filed bankruptcy robbing him years worth of pay.

And I could careless how this economy runs, because clearly it is not to the benefit of everyone. We need to change our thinking because soon enough once these greedy corporations adopt things like automation, get ready to see a huge spike of unemployed workers.

Maybe then we can get enough of the working class to revolt against you bourgeois.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2012, 03:49:03 PM by Achronos » Logged

– St. Ambrose of Milan
Shiny
Site Supporter
Moderated
Toumarches

Paint It Red

« Reply #292 on: August 05, 2012, 03:55:54 PM »

Apparently Joe thinks that execs at McDonalds who "earn" millions and millions of dollars of bonuses is the right thing, while the worker at McDonald's who cannot even support himself on his own income must be the one to starve because hey he doesn't have a career.

But I forgot those execs need those yachts rather than the worker to get a roof of his head and other amenities.

Are you people even Christian? Honestly. Stop serving yourselves and start serving other people.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2012, 03:57:26 PM by Achronos » Logged

– St. Ambrose of Milan
Marc1152
Toumarches

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Rocor

Probiotic .. Antibiotic

« Reply #293 on: August 05, 2012, 04:20:13 PM »

Oh really, is that why many of those who were in a career now are forced to work at stepping stone jobs just to try to support themselves? Take my father for example. Hardest working man in America, got his way all the way up the corporate ladder and was on the top paid execs. He got laid off, is in his 50s, and has about 192 job applications submitted to jobs similar to what he had before, for two years now.

But now he has to take the work from those that need those stepping stone jobs, you know the jobs that weren't supposed to be the life long endeavor. But now he doesn't have any retirement plans because his company filed bankruptcy robbing him years worth of pay.

And I could careless how this economy runs, because clearly it is not to the benefit of everyone. We need to change our thinking because soon enough once these greedy corporations adopt things like automation, get ready to see a huge spike of unemployed workers.

Maybe then we can get enough of the working class to revolt against you bourgeois.

I dont think you should worry so much about automation. I had a boss tell me once how soon there would be no need for workers because of automation. That was about thirty years ago, he's long dead and so far, it still has not happened.

Your idea has been debunked 1000 times already.. Maybe 1001 will be the charm
ialmisry
Hypatos

« Reply #294 on: August 05, 2012, 04:28:51 PM »

Apparently Joe thinks that execs at McDonalds who "earn" millions and millions of dollars of bonuses is the right thing, while the worker at McDonald's who cannot even support himself on his own income must be the one to starve because hey he doesn't have a career.

But I forgot those execs need those yachts rather than the worker to get a roof of his head and other amenities.

Are you people even Christian? Honestly. Stop serving yourselves and start serving other people.
Supply and demand.  You do a job anyone can do because it is not so demanding, there is a lot of supply, and the salary reflects it.

Of course, they can raise the price to $10 a burger, in which case no one will buy them and everyone will be out of a job.

ialmisry
Hypatos

« Reply #295 on: August 05, 2012, 04:31:15 PM »

As I think, Corey robin said, there is a reasonable and rational debate about how an economy should be run. The thing is that that debate takes place on the left, and the right is just so out there, that they aren't part of it.
Yeah, the right is out there.  That way, when the Leftist economy collapses (you seemed to have missed that the Soviet Bloc has collapsed), the right are still standing.

ialmisry
Hypatos

« Reply #296 on: August 05, 2012, 04:32:05 PM »

Isn't it a right because I want it? LOL.

Aaron M

Faith: Christian
Jurisdiction: nothing

« Reply #297 on: August 05, 2012, 04:38:15 PM »

Individual or personal anecdotes, I understand, are not worth very much - but for what it is worth at least to my thinking, nowadays I see far more older (40s and 50s) people working at almost every kind of fast-food establishment in the city I live in (Eugene, pop. 150000) than I ever saw growing up in a smaller town (Astoria, 10000).  Not the particular cities or population size should ultimately matter, but both have relatively depressed economies due to the long-term decline of natural resource-based and general manufacturing jobs.  Carls Jr., Burger King, Wendy's, McDonald's... wouldn't know about Chick Fil A because they've not expanded to the Northwest.  Anyway, I imagine that in decades past, many/most of these older people would have (or even DID have) better paying manufacturing-sector jobs, that are now lost to them and most Americans in future generations.

So the argument for a "living wage" in fast-food occupations (as in Walmart, retail stores in general and so on) sounds more valid to me, if only on the basis that the opportunities for low-skilled, relatively uneducated citizens has vanished from much of the country when it existed before.  It's anathema to pure capitalism I would guess, but it could be argued from a Christian-values perspective, and I would ultimately agree with some of the "liberal" or "radical" types on here that it should be given consideration from a company that otherwise highlights its generic biblical/Christian particulars (closed on Sundays, anti-gay marriage.)  Still am disappointed that these "liberals" characteristically then want to shut out any discussion of the pro-homosexual undertones they seem to employ, and it leaves any one who might want to uphold *both* what Chick Fil A currently holds (and what some think it should take up) as having no place in the debate.
age234
High Elder

Jurisdiction: Antioch

« Reply #298 on: August 05, 2012, 05:03:53 PM »

We see how well it worked in the past. Usually there's lots of beheadings and un-Christian behavior, which is probably worse than the bourgeoisie in the first place. (See Russia and France for notes.)
age234
High Elder

Jurisdiction: Antioch

« Reply #299 on: August 05, 2012, 05:07:17 PM »

Really? At all the ones I've visited, the employees have been excessively nice. I'm just here to eat some chicken, not make new friends.
Shiny
Site Supporter
Moderated
Toumarches

Paint It Red

« Reply #300 on: August 05, 2012, 05:18:52 PM »

Supply and demand.  You do a job anyone can do because it is not so demanding, there is a lot of supply, and the salary reflects it.

Of course, they can raise the price to $10 a burger, in which case no one will buy them and everyone will be out of a job.
See this is your problem is that you are valuing labor based off supply and demand, which itself is not objective nor should a worker's livability be based upon a changing metric. Plus you are missing that supply and demand in itself can be monopolized by manipulating the price even higher for a good.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2012, 05:21:18 PM by Achronos » Logged

– St. Ambrose of Milan
ialmisry
Hypatos

« Reply #301 on: August 05, 2012, 06:21:57 PM »

Supply and demand.  You do a job anyone can do because it is not so demanding, there is a lot of supply, and the salary reflects it.

See this is your problem is that you are valuing labor based off supply and demand, which itself is not objective nor should a worker's livability be based upon a changing metric. Plus you are missing that supply and demand in itself can be monopolized by manipulating the price even higher for a good.
Yeah, that is how stock market crashes happen.

The world doesn't run of livability.

Kerdy
Moderated
Taxiarches

« Reply #302 on: August 05, 2012, 07:21:53 PM »

Really? At all the ones I've visited, the employees have been excessively nice. I'm just here to eat some chicken, not make new friends.
They are so nice I have recently seen other places adopting their greetings, etc.
Kerdy
Moderated
Taxiarches

« Reply #303 on: August 05, 2012, 07:27:29 PM »

Capitalism is not and has never been the enemy or evil.  People are the problem.

I too have seen older people working jobs normally filled by college students.  While it is unfortunate they must do this rather than retire there is something to learn from them.  They work when they need to and take what is available rather than whine and live off government hand outs.  They provide a much better level of service than their younger counterparts.  Businesses are actually hiring them instead of opting for the younger, dumber crowd.
ialmisry
Hypatos

« Reply #304 on: August 05, 2012, 08:08:04 PM »

Capitalism is not and has never been the enemy or evil.  People are the problem.

I too have seen older people working jobs normally filled by college students.  While it is unfortunate they must do this rather than retire there is something to learn from them.  They work when they need to and take what is available rather than whine and live off government hand outs.  They provide a much better level of service than their younger counterparts.  Businesses are actually hiring them instead of opting for the younger, dumber crowd.
for forgot "more entitled."

scamandrius
Crusher of Secrets; House Lannister
Warned
Taxiarches

Faith: Greek Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Greek by desire; Antiochian by necessity

« Reply #305 on: August 05, 2012, 08:13:31 PM »

Are you?  I couldn't help notice your tendency to judge others.

I seek the truth by which no man was ever harmed--Marcus Aurelius

Those who do not read  history are doomed to get their facts from Hollywood--Anonymous

What earthly joy remains untouched by grief?--St. John Damascene
Marc1152
Toumarches

Jurisdiction: Rocor

Probiotic .. Antibiotic

« Reply #306 on: August 05, 2012, 09:11:35 PM »

We see how well it worked in the past. Usually there's lots of beheadings and un-Christian behavior, which is probably worse than the bourgeoisie in the first place. (See Russia and France for notes.)

We see how well it worked in the past. Usually there's lots work camps and gas chambers and un-Christian behavior, which is probably worse than , well, most anything in the first place. (See Germany and Fascist Italy and Spain for notes.)

Your idea has been debunked 1000 times already.. Maybe 1001 will be the charm
Bigsinner
Elder

Jurisdiction: OCA  (Diocese of Eastern Pennsylvania)

« Reply #307 on: August 05, 2012, 10:34:57 PM »

^ Yes, the National Socialists in Germany, Italy, and Spain did some atrocious things. 

Finally, Marc, something you and I can agree on!
JamesRottnek
Protokentarchos

« Reply #308 on: August 05, 2012, 11:04:58 PM »

I'm not there to make friends either; small talk makes me rather uncomfortable.

JamesRottnek
Protokentarchos

« Reply #309 on: August 05, 2012, 11:04:58 PM »

Supply and demand.  You do a job anyone can do because it is not so demanding, there is a lot of supply, and the salary reflects it.

Do you really think any job you have ever had is as "demanding" as a migrant farm worker's job?

Tallitot
Archon

Faith: Jewish
Jurisdiction: United Synagogue of Conservative Judaism

« Reply #310 on: August 05, 2012, 11:36:38 PM »

So Chick-Fil-A was mobbed last Weds by folks standing up for traditional values? Where are all these folks when we need help at the homeless shelter?

Proverbs 22:7
Shiny
Site Supporter
Moderated
Toumarches

Paint It Red

« Reply #311 on: August 05, 2012, 11:41:58 PM »

So Chick-Fil-A was mobbed last Weds by folks standing up for traditional values? Where are all these folks when we need help at the homeless shelter?
Yup.

– St. Ambrose of Milan
ialmisry
Hypatos

« Reply #312 on: August 05, 2012, 11:59:56 PM »

We see how well it worked in the past. Usually there's lots work camps and gas chambers and un-Christian behavior, which is probably worse than , well, most anything in the first place. (See Germany and Fascist Italy and Spain for notes.)
You mean the National Socialists?

ialmisry
Hypatos

« Reply #313 on: August 06, 2012, 12:01:19 AM »

There.  And in the soup kitchens and any number of charitable enterprises which, studies show, the conservative folks overwhelming contribute to and run the bulk.

ialmisry
Hypatos

« Reply #314 on: August 06, 2012, 12:02:41 AM »

Do you really think any job you have ever had is as "demanding" as a migrant farm worker's job?
School teacher in the Chicago Public Schools in the inner city?  You bet ya, and plenty others.

Tags:
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: