OrthodoxChristianity.net
September 01, 2014, 05:48:09 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Gay Marriage, Testament laws, and Chick-Fil-A  (Read 11360 times) Average Rating: 0
augustin717
Taxiarches

Faith: The other ROC

« Reply #225 on: August 03, 2012, 09:28:54 PM »

Telling someone to keep their 'gayness to themselves' as some people have advocated here is like telling a heterosexual person to keep their 'straightness to themselves'
Not at all.  Until the claim of "born that way" is substantiated, there are multiple possibilities.  

How many other people do you see parading around like a bunch of lunatics about their sex life?  How many other groups, including heterosexuals, shoving their sexually fueled deviant desires in everyone's face, especially in elementary schools?  

A little self restraint goes a long way.  Not showing behavior you ask not be shown to you also goes a long way.  This entire fiasco is their own hypocrisy.  What's worse is not only the homosexual community a ultra tiny fraction of the population, but these militant self proclaimed victims are an even smaller percentage and makes the rest look bad.
That's a really idiotic comment. Or homophobic.
Kerdy
Warned
Taxiarches

« Reply #226 on: August 03, 2012, 09:32:16 PM »

Telling someone to keep their 'gayness to themselves' as some people have advocated here is like telling a heterosexual person to keep their 'straightness to themselves'
Not at all.  Until the claim of "born that way" is substantiated, there are multiple possibilities.  

How many other people do you see parading around like a bunch of lunatics about their sex life?  How many other groups, including heterosexuals, shoving their sexually fueled deviant desires in everyone's face, especially in elementary schools?  

A little self restraint goes a long way.  Not showing behavior you ask not be shown to you also goes a long way.  This entire fiasco is their own hypocrisy.  What's worse is not only the homosexual community a ultra tiny fraction of the population, but these militant self proclaimed victims are an even smaller percentage and makes the rest look bad.
That's a really idiotic comment. Or homophobic.
Or not.

But I do appreciate your intellectual input rather than stooping to the typical banter of personal attacks to those who express an unpolitically correct point of view that so many other insensible doops seem to do.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2012, 09:38:48 PM by Kerdy » Logged
augustin717
Taxiarches

« Reply #227 on: August 03, 2012, 09:35:34 PM »

Or you are just blind. Or still a baptist. you see, possibilities are endless.
Kerdy
Warned
Taxiarches

« Reply #228 on: August 03, 2012, 09:40:35 PM »

Or you are just blind. Or still a baptist. you see, possibilities are endless.
I should probably go with whatever John Stewart says I am.
JamesR
Virginal Chicano Blood
Taxiarches

Faith: On-n-Off
Jurisdiction: OCA (the only truly Canonical American Orthodox Church)

St. Augustine of Hippo pray for me!

« Reply #229 on: August 03, 2012, 10:25:39 PM »

Irrelevant. Even if they are not 'born that way' they still cannot change the fact that they are homosexual anymore than somebody who developed diabetes or some psychological condition can choose to come out of it. Your ignorance is frightening.

I see heterosexuals do this everyday. The guys in the locker room bragging about their sexual deviance, the slutty blonde laughing about her sexual experiences with her slutty friends, the ex-military homophobic retired coach mocking any male who displays even the slightest bit of femininity and/or encouraging us to get girls and have heterosexual relationships etc. Then if that were not enough, you come home and turn on the television to see the exact same thing.

A little self restraint goes a long way.  Not showing behavior you ask not be shown to you also goes a long way.

Then tell your heterosexual friends to stop wearing wedding rings or hugging each other in public.

This entire fiasco is their own hypocrisy.

Yeah, I'll dare them. Demanding the same legal benefits and rights that heterosexual people have. What a fiasco. Same goes for those lousy colored folks demanding to be able to use the same drinking fountains and not having to ride in the back of the bus and whatnot.

/sarcasm

What's worse is not only the homosexual community a ultra tiny fraction of the population

So are Orthodox Christians in America but that doesn't make us any less important now does it?

...but these militant self proclaimed victims are an even smaller percentage and makes the rest look bad.

Yeah they do make the rest look bad. They make them look bad because the rest of them are too weak and lazy to stand up for their rights like this small percentage which has not backed down yet.

You're really on to something here. Tattoo to keep you from masturbating, chew to keep you from fornicating... it's a whole new world where you outsource your crosses. You're like a Christian entrepreneur or something.
James, you have problemz.
Kerdy
Warned
Taxiarches

« Reply #230 on: August 03, 2012, 10:53:08 PM »

Irrelevant. Even if they are not 'born that way' they still cannot change the fact that they are homosexual anymore than somebody who developed diabetes or some psychological condition can choose to come out of it. Your ignorance is frightening.

I see heterosexuals do this everyday. The guys in the locker room bragging about their sexual deviance, the slutty blonde laughing about her sexual experiences with her slutty friends, the ex-military homophobic retired coach mocking any male who displays even the slightest bit of femininity and/or encouraging us to get girls and have heterosexual relationships etc. Then if that were not enough, you come home and turn on the television to see the exact same thing.

A little self restraint goes a long way.  Not showing behavior you ask not be shown to you also goes a long way.

Then tell your heterosexual friends to stop wearing wedding rings or hugging each other in public.

This entire fiasco is their own hypocrisy.

Yeah, I'll dare them. Demanding the same legal benefits and rights that heterosexual people have. What a fiasco. Same goes for those lousy colored folks demanding to be able to use the same drinking fountains and not having to ride in the back of the bus and whatnot.

/sarcasm

What's worse is not only the homosexual community a ultra tiny fraction of the population

So are Orthodox Christians in America but that doesn't make us any less important now does it?

...but these militant self proclaimed victims are an even smaller percentage and makes the rest look bad.

Yeah they do make the rest look bad. They make them look bad because the rest of them are too weak and lazy to stand up for their rights like this small percentage which has not backed down yet.
Since I am on my phone I cannot respond with a deserving post, but I will do what I can by breaking up each part.

Irrelevant because you say so?  Hardly.  And in your haste to defend, are you aware you just classified homosexuality as a disease?

Do you like these individuals actions?  Me either, but now imagine they are hundreds or thousands infecting you kids at school with books supporting their agendas, making laws singling them out for special treatment, and having parades in the streets naked with your family stuck in traffic with no way out.  Pretty scary, right?

They have always had the same legal rights as everyone else.  What they demand now is new and special rights for them alone.  You have fallen prey to the propaganda.  Really? You are using the same old worn out, never worked before, argument of deviant sexual behavior is the same as race?  And you said it was irrelevant to prove people are actually born homosexual rather than any of the other dozen viable reasons.

You sorta missed my point there.  Please read it again.

How would you feel if the silent majority took to the streets and acted as foolish as these people?  See, having a double standard doesn't work in the real world, unless people ignore reality.

Edit:  I forgot to ask you provide where getting married was a legal right to anyone and not a provision provided be each individual state under specific conditions...like driving a car.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2012, 10:55:46 PM by Kerdy » Logged
augustin717
Taxiarches

« Reply #231 on: August 03, 2012, 11:47:35 PM »

Too sinful to fry chicken:
http://www.salon.com/2012/08/03/chick_fil_a_too_sinful_to_fry_chicken/
JamesRottnek
Protokentarchos

Faith: Anglican
Jurisdiction: Episcopal Diocese of Arizona

I am Bibleman; putting 'the' back in the Ukraine

« Reply #232 on: August 04, 2012, 12:29:12 AM »

it's not to spite gay people, but a show of support for Chik-fil-a for standing up for their principles and for the norms of traditional Christian marriage in the face of a barrage of pro-gay and pro-gay marriage hatred and ridicule.

Hate the sin and not the sinner! My complaint is that the LG....whatever that acronymn is, are always in your face about the abominable behaviour.  If you want this sort of lifestyle - go for it, otherwise keep it to yourself.  I know dont want to know the if or why you are gay just leave us hetros alone.  If you ask anyone to guess what percentage of gays make up our population some will say as much as 30% and why - becuase of our "cave in media", plus this adgenda is being pushed by our TV and Movie producers.  In reality, this population is closer to 2 or 3%, but just look at the disproportionate attention these folks are receiving from the puplic at large.  Bottom line: What ever your life style choice is, keep it under your belt.

You don't get out much, do you?  I only assume this because otherwise you should have seen any number of heterosexual people who are quite "in your face" about their sexuality.

Also, I've known gay people who are anything but "always in your face."  You really need to stop casting such a wide net over any given group of human beings.

Oh, and gays receive no more attention than do Muslims or Jews, and I believe the percentage of Muslims in this country is something like 0.8.  And Jews are at most about 2% of the population.  Yet, I've seen far more Jews in movies, and on television, etc., than I have gays despite the fact that there are most likely a slightly higher percentage of gays than of Jews in the United States.  And I see stories on the news about Muslims, and documentaries about Islam, far more frequently than I do gays.

I know a secret about a former Supreme Court Justice.  Can you guess what it is?

The greatest tragedy in the world is when a cigarette ends.

American Spirits - the eco-friendly cigarette.

Preston Robert Kinney (September 8th, 1997-August 14, 2011
JamesRottnek
Protokentarchos

Faith: Anglican
Jurisdiction: Episcopal Diocese of Arizona

I am Bibleman; putting 'the' back in the Ukraine

« Reply #233 on: August 04, 2012, 12:29:12 AM »

The Gays have the media at least most of the media, newsprint, and major TV spots in their corner.  We live in a gay world.

Maybe the Orthodox church will approve of the gay life style.....maybe

Is that why the most watched cable news network is always promoting that damnable gay marriage?  I always thought Hannity was a gay.

And what is this 'gay life style?'

I know a secret about a former Supreme Court Justice.  Can you guess what it is?

The greatest tragedy in the world is when a cigarette ends.

American Spirits - the eco-friendly cigarette.

Preston Robert Kinney (September 8th, 1997-August 14, 2011
Opus118
Site Supporter
OC.net guru

« Reply #234 on: August 04, 2012, 12:35:19 AM »

I hope all of you would agree we are involved in a great war between good and evil, God and Satan.  It has been this way for a long time.  Understanding this, we should also understand when engaged in a war where frontal assaults will fail (Satan), other tactics must be utilized,
subtle tactics, from the inside to create a weakened infrastructure.
I agree, I am just not sure what side you are on (honestly).

Enter evolution.  Oh, I know I'm just an uneducated goob, but if you can get people to question the Creation story God gave us, all else is warm butter and easily cut apart.

You are not uneducated, you have a much finer ability to express yourself in the English language than I do. I would replace ignorant for uneducated since your education seems fine to me. What you are describing is a variation of the domino theory. Your thoughts on Vietnam would be useful here.

Enter the marriage debate.  If evolution is true and Adam and Eve are nothing more than a parable, there is no standard for marriage resulting in people using facts from secular history to battle against an ordination from God.
I see nothing of the  sort. Explain yourself.

We find people within the church body arguing FOR homosexual marriages rather than protecting true marriage, we find ordained and openly/practicing homosexual ministers who welcome homosexual couples into a false teaching and believing what they do is ok, we find further division in the church body and major splits of formally conservative denominations.  Rest assured, the liturgical churches are not immune to this infection either or we would not be having this discussion.  Until we realize its a tactical move with a purpose, we have not way to stop it and make the church body strong again.  I would write more with greater detail, but I post from my phone.
I do not need more detail on this topic since I do not agree that the Episcopalians are the Church body. But if you do get off your phone you might address the other issues on a computer.

I am not picking on you Kerdy, I am just curious about how you think'

I would love to, but I am on vacation and traveling, so I do not have access to my computer for at least the next month, but if you are unsure which side I am on (honestly), I can't imagine what I could provide to you.

I based it on the post that you wrote.
FantaLimon

Inquirer

« Reply #235 on: August 04, 2012, 02:09:32 AM »

Do you like these individuals actions?  Me either, but now imagine they are hundreds or thousands infecting you kids at school with books supporting their agendas, making laws singling them out for special treatment, and having parades in the streets naked with your family stuck in traffic with no way out.  Pretty scary, right?
What is the gay agenda? Does this bear any resemblance?  My guess is most gays have two desires regarding their social status: 1) Being accepted by everyone, but clearly that's not going to happen... 2) Being treated equally by the government, which I see no reason not to happen.

I know when you do a google image search a bunch of shirtless males come up, but there's a lot of un-fit, un-toned, clothed people in these parades as well...

The horror...  Genitalia everywhere... No child is safe...

Now certainly you will find this:

...You must realize gays do not just have pride parades to rub their rainbow-painted chests in your face.  Pride parades are not the form of protest of decades past.  It's about uniting and celebrating coming out.  It's a joyous experience of community.  That community is a fractured one.  There are racist gays.  There are gays that look down on the transgendered, or don't want to be associated with them.  There's gay people that oddly enough don't acknowledge the validity of "bisexuality."  Some gays like to flaunt their skin, but many gays resent that behavior.  There are gays into sexual deviancy- bondage, cruising, orgies, who enjoy the idea of living in sin- and gays much more conservative.  There are feminist gays, and misogynist gays.  The purpose of a pride parade is to bring all those outlying facets of gay-dom together in the public spotlight, to unite in solidarity, to comfort oneself with community, and yes to state, "We're here, we're queer (get used to it)."

They have always had the same legal rights as everyone else.  What they demand now is new and special rights for them alone.
Gays, ie people with a homosexual sexual orientation, do not have the same legal rights as similar group.  Their sexual orientation is not recognized as valid.  They want equal rights or privileges, copied and pasted from laws already on the books.  It is so obvious they want nothing radically new or special I don't know how to rephrase it.

Edit:  I forgot to ask you provide where getting married was a legal right to anyone and not a provision provided be each individual state under specific conditions...like driving a car.
Are you aware of the Defense of Marriage Act?  Where is there a federal law that expressly ignores state laws which license car owners?  Which state forbids car ownership outright?  A marriage is not a piece of property.  To argue the state's must legislate their own marriage laws is one thing, but I doubt you are making this libertarian or constitutionalist argument.  Regardless of whether the specific privileges of marriage are a state issue, there is precedence for basic underlying rights and protections provided by federal law. 

Same-sex Marriage, and discrimination laws applying to sexual orientation, are quality of life issues applicable to every adult homosexual.  When the privileges and benefits of heterosexual marriage are so directly applicable to the concept of homosexual marriage, I don't see why they must be denied to a gay couple.  When the protections afforded on the basis of age, sex, race, and national origin are so directly applicable to discrimination of sexual-orientation, I don't see why they must be denied to a gay person. 

You want the pride parades to lose their frequency and fervor?  Throw the gays a bone.
jewish voice
Elder

« Reply #236 on: August 04, 2012, 02:36:32 AM »

Well my view on this topic and in the spirit of the 2012 Olympics no one say's it better than the late John Lennon
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RwUGSYDKUxU and yes I'm a dreamer!!
ialmisry
There's nothing John of Damascus can't answer
Warned
Hypatos

Faith: جامعي Arab confesssing the Orthodox Faith of the One, Holy, Catholic and Apostolic Church
Jurisdiction: Antioch (for now), but my heart belongs to Alexandria

« Reply #237 on: August 04, 2012, 04:19:12 AM »

Yeah one man and a woman or one man an multiple women.
Polygamy is never encouraged in the Bible, and every instance of it doesn't end well.  It first crops up in the corruption of Cain's line.

God only took one rib from Adam.

This has nothing to do with the post Augustin was replying to.
au contraire.  It has everything to do with it.  So Jesus says Matthew 19:4.

The stance of the Bible on polygamy, and marriage in general, has nothing to do with the claim that marriage has always, everywhere, been between one man and one woman, nor does it have anything to do with the proper response to that claim (namely, that it is absurd).
Only if you deny that the Bible has anything to say about what is real.
Are you intentionally being dense, or do you genuinely not understand what Augustin was responding to?
If you use the quote function you go back to this
Yeah one man and a woman or one man an multiple women.
without any indication what he was responding to.

We can assUme it was to this (I'll bold face, as you seem to be having trouble reading it).

Fwiw,
A gay friend has voiced his annoyance with the 'gay agenda' for lack of a better term here. What's more, he has on more than one occasion stated that 'societies around the world from the beginning of time understood marriage to be one man, one woman'.
I know a homosexual who feels the same way about both topics and gets odd looks when people find out he is a conservative.

He was responding to a claim that marriage has always and everywhere been between one man and one woman; unless you have no knowledge of almost any other cultures and little knowledge of history, it is blatantly obvious that such an idea is false
if your nose was in joint and your head out of your posterior you would see that blatantly that no such claim was made.

The post did not say "societies around the world always..."  Like the Lord, it said "from the beginning...."

The post did not say "all societies...."  Although all societies, even polygamous ones, hold up the monogamous couple as an ideal (polygamous societies have quite a literature on the evil results of it, and quite a theme of the "one man, one woman" thing).

It is blatantly and patently true what he said: there have been societies around the world from the beginning who understand marriage as God does.  It is not a creation of Calvinist Protestants in 20th century America as Augustine (and I guess, you) would have us believe.

and the Bible in no way supports the idea that marriage has always and everywhere been between one man and one woman.  In fact, the Bible itself proves marriage has not always been between one man and one woman.
The Bible has multiple examples of rape, adultery, fornication etc.  like all sorts of aberrations. But that is just it, an aberration.  The Bible never shows polygamy working out, nor something to be striven for.  And even that is irrelevant, as Christ has the final word in the Gospel and tells it like it is-one man, one woman, for life.  You may not like it, but it is what it is.

Question a friend, perhaps he did not do it; but if he did anything so that he may do it no more.
A hasty quarrel kindles fire,
and urgent strife sheds blood.
If you blow on a spark, it will glow;
if you spit on it, it will be put out;
                           and both come out of your mouth
Αριστοκλής
Merarches

Faith: Orthodox Catholic
Jurisdiction: American Carpatho-Russian Orthodox Diocese

« Reply #238 on: August 04, 2012, 08:02:42 AM »

Well my view on this topic and in the spirit of the 2012 Olympics no one say's it better than the late John Lennon
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RwUGSYDKUxU and yes I'm a dreamer!!

I song which he stated later that he was embarrassed to have made, having reassessed his views and found them to be wrong. Millions of "fans" don't believe it, but he did mature.

"Religion is a neurobiological illness and Orthodoxy is its cure." - Fr. John S. Romanides
Kerdy
Warned
Taxiarches

« Reply #239 on: August 04, 2012, 08:45:19 AM »

I hope all of you would agree we are involved in a great war between good and evil, God and Satan.  It has been this way for a long time.  Understanding this, we should also understand when engaged in a war where frontal assaults will fail (Satan), other tactics must be utilized,
subtle tactics, from the inside to create a weakened infrastructure.
I agree, I am just not sure what side you are on (honestly).

Enter evolution.  Oh, I know I'm just an uneducated goob, but if you can get people to question the Creation story God gave us, all else is warm butter and easily cut apart.

You are not uneducated, you have a much finer ability to express yourself in the English language than I do. I would replace ignorant for uneducated since your education seems fine to me. What you are describing is a variation of the domino theory. Your thoughts on Vietnam would be useful here.

Enter the marriage debate.  If evolution is true and Adam and Eve are nothing more than a parable, there is no standard for marriage resulting in people using facts from secular history to battle against an ordination from God.
I see nothing of the  sort. Explain yourself.

We find people within the church body arguing FOR homosexual marriages rather than protecting true marriage, we find ordained and openly/practicing homosexual ministers who welcome homosexual couples into a false teaching and believing what they do is ok, we find further division in the church body and major splits of formally conservative denominations.  Rest assured, the liturgical churches are not immune to this infection either or we would not be having this discussion.  Until we realize its a tactical move with a purpose, we have not way to stop it and make the church body strong again.  I would write more with greater detail, but I post from my phone.
I do not need more detail on this topic since I do not agree that the Episcopalians are the Church body. But if you do get off your phone you might address the other issues on a computer.

I am not picking on you Kerdy, I am just curious about how you think'

I would love to, but I am on vacation and traveling, so I do not have access to my computer for at least the next month, but if you are unsure which side I am on (honestly), I can't imagine what I could provide to you.

I based it on the post that you wrote.
Unless you are able to support your unrealistic questioning, it means almost nothing.  No offense, but because you dislike my post does not automatically question which side I am on.
Kerdy
Warned
Taxiarches

« Reply #240 on: August 04, 2012, 09:04:16 AM »

What is the gay agenda? Does this bear any resemblance?  My guess is most gays have two desires regarding their social status: 1) Being accepted by everyone, but clearly that's not going to happen... 2) Being treated equally by the government, which I see no reason not to happen.

I know when you do a google image search a bunch of shirtless males come up, but there's a lot of un-fit, un-toned, clothed people in these parades as well...

The horror...  Genitalia everywhere... No child is safe...

Now certainly you will find this:

...You must realize gays do not just have pride parades to rub their rainbow-painted chests in your face.  Pride parades are not the form of protest of decades past.  It's about uniting and celebrating coming out.  It's a joyous experience of community.  That community is a fractured one.  There are racist gays.  There are gays that look down on the transgendered, or don't want to be associated with them.  There's gay people that oddly enough don't acknowledge the validity of "bisexuality."  Some gays like to flaunt their skin, but many gays resent that behavior.  There are gays into sexual deviancy- bondage, cruising, orgies, who enjoy the idea of living in sin- and gays much more conservative.  There are feminist gays, and misogynist gays.  The purpose of a pride parade is to bring all those outlying facets of gay-dom together in the public spotlight, to unite in solidarity, to comfort oneself with community, and yes to state, "We're here, we're queer (get used to it)."

They have always had the same legal rights as everyone else.  What they demand now is new and special rights for them alone.
Gays, ie people with a homosexual sexual orientation, do not have the same legal rights as similar group.  Their sexual orientation is not recognized as valid.  They want equal rights or privileges, copied and pasted from laws already on the books.  It is so obvious they want nothing radically new or special I don't know how to rephrase it.

Are you aware of the Defense of Marriage Act?  Where is there a federal law that expressly ignores state laws which license car owners?  Which state forbids car ownership outright?  A marriage is not a piece of property.  To argue the state's must legislate their own marriage laws is one thing, but I doubt you are making this libertarian or constitutionalist argument.  Regardless of whether the specific privileges of marriage are a state issue, there is precedence for basic underlying rights and protections provided by federal law. 

Same-sex Marriage, and discrimination laws applying to sexual orientation, are quality of life issues applicable to every adult homosexual.  When the privileges and benefits of heterosexual marriage are so directly applicable to the concept of homosexual marriage, I don't see why they must be denied to a gay couple.  When the protections afforded on the basis of age, sex, race, and national origin are so directly applicable to discrimination of sexual-orientation, I don't see why they must be denied to a gay person. 

You want the pride parades to lose their frequency and fervor?  Throw the gays a bone.
Again, I am unable to provide adequate response while on my phone, so I will touch on specific points. 

No group of people will ever be treated as truly equal, ever.  It's part of life.  They have always been treated equal under the law.  Anything else is simply false.  If you mean marrying who you want, no one else gets that.  If you make it a guarantee, send Kate Beckinsale over to my house immediately along with a few other people.  I'll start my seven wives for seven days club.  If not, why are discriminating against me?  Sexual orientation...perhaps it will help people to actually look up the definition of orientation.  Then maybe we can change it to an more appropriate word, like preference.

I see most people, in their best of intentions, fail to realize disagreeing is not bashing, it isn't hate or the most idiotic claims of some sort of phobia.  Leave the childishness on the playground.  We understand not all homosexuals are, as I previously stated, part of the problem, as many of them feel the same as I do about the hoopla.  The problem is bending to the fake victims and their ploy to take advantage of uneducated people by crying out for an emotional response rather than a rational response.  Real victims get lost in the mayhem and suffer as a result.  Todays philosophy is if you don't conform to the whining, you are a member of a hate group, which is pretty stupid.  Then they do the very thing to you they lied about being done to them.  What I don't get is how people have allowed themselves to be fooled so easily.  But I guess everyone is entitled to their opinion, except for those who share mine, apparently.
augustin717
Taxiarches

« Reply #241 on: August 04, 2012, 12:18:53 PM »

Please Kerdy, stop whining! you are entitled to stupid opinions, you even vote so many holding similar opinions into office. Wake up from the delusion of persecution.
JoeS2
OC.net guru

Faith: Orthodox Catholic by choice
Jurisdiction: OCA

St. Mark Defender of the true Faith (old CAF guy)

« Reply #242 on: August 04, 2012, 12:20:34 PM »

Something tells me there are some closet cases on this forum...
Shiny
Site Supporter
Moderated
Toumarches

Faith: Groucho Marxist
Jurisdiction: Dahntahn Stoop Haus

Paint It Red

« Reply #243 on: August 04, 2012, 12:37:39 PM »

And on the 7th day the lord said "Chicken shall not be shoved down your gullets on this day, because it's the gays fault. Take that gays!"

As far as I understand it, several former employees are currently suing Chick-Fil-A for sexual discrimination. Further, the entity that is Chic-Fil-A donated a bunch of money to deplorable non-profits that lobby, among other ridiculous things, to deport American homosexuals. This is more than just a boycott on chicken. It's a human rights issue.

“There is your brother, naked, crying, and you stand there confused over the choice of an attractive floor covering.”

– St. Ambrose of Milan
Αριστοκλής
Merarches

« Reply #244 on: August 04, 2012, 12:58:28 PM »

Ya thinkShocked Shocked Shocked

"Religion is a neurobiological illness and Orthodoxy is its cure." - Fr. John S. Romanides
Αριστοκλής
Merarches

« Reply #245 on: August 04, 2012, 12:59:56 PM »

And on the 7th day the lord said "Chicken shall not be shoved down your gullets on this day, because it's the gays fault. Take that gays!"

As far as I understand it, several former employees are currently suing Chick-Fil-A for sexual discrimination. Further, the entity that is Chic-Fil-A donated a bunch of money to deplorable non-profits that lobby, among other ridiculous things, to deport American homosexuals. This is more than just a boycott on chicken. It's a human rights issue.

Truth, fiction or just plain rumor?

PeterTheAleut
The Right Blowhard Peter the Furtive of Yetts O'Muckhart
Section Moderator
Protospatharios

Faith: Orthodox Christian

Lord, have mercy on the Christians in Mosul!

« Reply #246 on: August 04, 2012, 01:36:29 PM »

Telling someone to keep their 'gayness to themselves' as some people have advocated here is like telling a heterosexual person to keep their 'straightness to themselves' and stop wearing wedding rings and hugging each other or telling a dark-skinned person to wear a mask because you don't like the color of their skin. Why do Americans even make crap like this such a big deal? Our economy is going to Hell yet most of our population is composed of overreligious right-winged idiots who care more about the religion of their president, gay marriage and evolution in public schools rather than our actual problems. I hate my country.
Who taught you to hate your country so?
PeterTheAleut
Section Moderator
Protospatharios

« Reply #247 on: August 04, 2012, 01:51:34 PM »

You got any evidence of this?
Kerdy
Warned
Taxiarches

« Reply #248 on: August 04, 2012, 02:05:01 PM »

Please Kerdy, stop whining! you are entitled to stupid opinions, you even vote so many holding similar opinions into office. Wake up from the delusion of persecution.

Since you either refuse to or lack the ability of adult conversation, I guess your emotional outbursts must be reserved for someone it will actually have a result on.
Aaron M

Faith: Christian
Jurisdiction: nothing

« Reply #249 on: August 04, 2012, 02:13:03 PM »

re
« Last Edit: August 04, 2012, 02:20:27 PM by Aaron M » Logged
ialmisry
Warned
Hypatos

Faith: جامعي Arab confesssing the Orthodox Faith of the One, Holy, Catholic and Apostolic Church

« Reply #250 on: August 04, 2012, 02:21:33 PM »

Their are 12 cases, and that includes a Muslim who claims she was fired for being Muslim.  Out of 1,614 stores in 39 states and DC over 66 years, a damn good record that I KNOW the cities of Chicago, San Francisco and Boston cannot match.

This video epitomizes this "human rights issue" campaign.
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/08/03/viral-video-man-picking-on-chick-fil-worker-gets-him-fired/
“Chick-fil-A is a hateful company,” Smith tells the employee. "I don’t know how you sleep at night,” Smith adds at another point. This is a horrible corporation with horrible values.”
After the employee, who never loses her composure, wishes Smith a nice day, he responds “I will. I just did something really good. I feel purposeful.”
After asking her, "Rachel," how she lives with herself, he goes on to say "I'm totally heterosexual.  Not a gay in me."  Like she, or any of us, cares.

Btw, many on the other side of the issue have rightly condemned this idiot.

In Chicago someone has filed a complaint with the Human Rights board or whatever they officially call the Witch Hunt Committee in IL, that Chick Fil-A makes a hostile environment for gays to eat in.  I'm interested in seeing how far that one goes, as gay marriage is banned by statute in IL, i.e. he is suing CFA for having the same stance as the public policy State of IL (and Hussain until a few months ago, for a rea$on).  I encourage him, and everyone who hates CFA in IL, starting with Rahm, to demand that gay marriage be put up for a vote on a referendum.

Question a friend, perhaps he did not do it; but if he did anything so that he may do it no more.
ialmisry
Warned
Hypatos

« Reply #251 on: August 04, 2012, 02:26:19 PM »

Telling someone to keep their 'gayness to themselves' as some people have advocated here is like telling a heterosexual person to keep their 'straightness to themselves' and stop wearing wedding rings and hugging each other or telling a dark-skinned person to wear a mask because you don't like the color of their skin.
Yeah, like all those lynchings at the Chick-Fil-A with the homosexual kissing. I missed that.

Lots of gays wear wedding rings. We just won't be told we have to stare at them.

Your analogies fail on all counts (btw, I'm not big on heterosexual PDA either).

Shiny
Site Supporter
Moderated
Toumarches

Paint It Red

« Reply #252 on: August 04, 2012, 02:27:41 PM »

Lots. You can to look it up.

“There is your brother, naked, crying, and you stand there confused over the choice of an attractive floor covering.”

– St. Ambrose of Milan
Kerdy
Warned
Taxiarches

« Reply #253 on: August 04, 2012, 02:42:38 PM »

Chick-fil-a is a human rights issue.  Oh my!  I'm not sure if I should laugh or cry.  What's next, the first amendment?
Shiny
Site Supporter
Moderated
Toumarches

Paint It Red

« Reply #254 on: August 04, 2012, 02:44:53 PM »

I'm sure Adam Smith can find a job at Chick Fil A

– St. Ambrose of Milan
PeterTheAleut
Section Moderator
Protospatharios

« Reply #255 on: August 04, 2012, 03:11:16 PM »

I'm not going to do your work for you. You posted this. It's time for you to either put up or shut up.
orthonorm
Warned
Hoplitarches

Faith: Sola Gratia
Jurisdiction: Outside

« Reply #256 on: August 04, 2012, 03:36:21 PM »

Just imagine the number of cloister cases in the Church . . .
« Last Edit: August 04, 2012, 03:36:35 PM by orthonorm » Logged

Ignorance is not a lack, but a passion.
NicholasMyra
Taxiarches

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Antiochian/Greek

Avowed denominationalist

« Reply #257 on: August 04, 2012, 03:37:33 PM »

Just imagine the number of cloister cases in the Church . . .

Cloister cases...

Quote from: Orthonorm
if Christ does and says x. And someone else does and says not x and you are ever in doubt, follow Christ.

"You are philosophical innovators. As for me, I follow the Fathers." -Every heresiarch ever
ialmisry
Warned
Hypatos

« Reply #258 on: August 04, 2012, 03:52:31 PM »

Can we get that in writing?  I thought not.

Marriage is and has been a public policy issue, and therefore, according to legal principles in this country, made by the legislature. Not the executive nor the judicial.

DOMA was made because the gay agenda crowd salivated at the thought that a single trial court judge in Hawaii-not even the Hawaiian appelate or supreme court, had forced the redefinition of marriage on the rest of the country.  He, fortunately, unlike the CA Supreme Court, was sane enough and had enough integrity to stay his order pending appeal.  During appeal the people of Hawaii responded by amending the Constitution and the US Federal government responded by DOMA.

It's not anything new.  Federal law prohibits recognition of polygamos marriage, and it is a crime in most (all?) states.  You can get married to cousin, contrary to common thought, in any number of states (IIRC, in IL you have to be over 50), but not only can't you do so in Louisiana, but Louisana will not recognize your marriage if you do it elsewhere.

The state doesn't confer benefits on marriage, it derives benefits from marriage, which is why the state enacts public policy and law that protect and promote it.  That is being proved by the state doing the converse-the no fault divorce laws, the child support scheme, cohabitation as civil union, and gay marriage-all accompanied by the plumetting marriage rate, increase in problems associated with fatherless households, etc.

No case has been made that the state or public benefits by gay marriage. I know, that is hard for a society which insists on its rights while it shirks its responsibilites to grasp.

Kerdy
Warned
Taxiarches

« Reply #259 on: August 04, 2012, 04:08:19 PM »

I'm not so sure.  When working with the public, I believe a basic requirement is being nice.

Then again, the tasty hate sandwich did sneak into the back seat and force this guy at gun point to act this way so he clearly has been victimized.  Those darn hate groups with chicken sandwich members are out of control.

Now that I think about it, I believe some states have laws against recording businesses and their employees.  I wonder if, no wait, I forgot he is the victim.
Papist
Patriarch of Pontification
Toumarches

Faith: Catholic
Jurisdiction: Byzantine

Praying for the Christians in Iraq

« Reply #260 on: August 04, 2012, 04:25:18 PM »

Chick-fil-a is a human rights issue.  Oh my!  I'm not sure if I should laugh or cry.  What's next, the first amendment?
Yes, the right to a really good chicken sandwich.

Note Papist's influence from the tyrannical monarchism of traditional papism .
ialmisry
Warned
Hypatos

« Reply #261 on: August 04, 2012, 04:49:34 PM »

I'm not so sure.  When working with the public, I believe a basic requirement is being nice.
I'd never heard of the place before. When I went this week (several times), I was taken aback by how nice they were.  Not used to that in restaurants, let alone fast food.

Bigsinner
Elder

Jurisdiction: OCA  (Diocese of Eastern Pennsylvania)

« Reply #262 on: August 04, 2012, 07:06:46 PM »

YOU made the accusations, so YOU look it up!  If not, then you can just shut up.
Opus118
Site Supporter
OC.net guru

« Reply #263 on: August 04, 2012, 08:49:39 PM »

YOU made the accusations, so YOU look it up!  If not, then you can just shut up.

My suspicion and hope is that Achronos (forever Aposphet to me) is commenting on the style of this particular thread. I certainly never got a decent response to my post #10. I still do not know who said what at the start and how significant they were that led to the frenzy that is this thread.
William
Protokentarchos

Faith: None

« Reply #264 on: August 04, 2012, 08:55:44 PM »

Please give a reference.

Apart from moral conduct, all that man thinks himself able to do in order to become acceptable to God is mere superstition and religious folly. - Immanuel Kant

Leave there thy gift before the altar, and go thy way; first be reconciled to thy brother, and then come and offer thy gift. - Matt. 5:24
jewish voice
Elder

« Reply #265 on: August 04, 2012, 09:17:03 PM »

Really why all the fighting on this Issue?
Conservatives group here why you always say you want less government/ big brother then turn around and try to break in people homes and run right to there bedroom to govern  
Liberals group here why you always leave your doors unlock and then complain that people are in your bedroom govern what you do in there  

Point is no one needs to be in anyone's bedroom but their own.

Profanity replaced with something more appropriate  -PtA
« Last Edit: August 05, 2012, 10:58:13 PM by PeterTheAleut » Logged
Kerdy
Warned
Taxiarches

« Reply #266 on: August 04, 2012, 09:21:43 PM »

Conservatives group here why you always say you want less government/ big brother then turn around and try to break in people homes and run right to there bedroom to govern 
Liberals group here why you always leave your doors unlock and then bitch that people are in your bedroom govern what you do in there 

And if it would only remain in the bedroom.
jewish voice
Elder

« Reply #267 on: August 04, 2012, 09:25:29 PM »

Liberals group here why you always leave your doors unlock and then bitch that people are in your bedroom govern what you do in there 

might if you stop peeking in the window
Kerdy
Warned
Taxiarches

« Reply #268 on: August 04, 2012, 09:29:35 PM »

might if you stop peeking in the window
Better if people didn't bring it out of their home. 
Marc1152
Warned
Toumarches

Jurisdiction: Rocor

Probiotic .. Antibiotic

« Reply #269 on: August 04, 2012, 10:07:46 PM »

Gays are okay with people feeling better than them.  Gays do want to keep their lifestyle to themselves, but their quality of life is purposefully infringed upon by these "pro-family" organizations.  Most want to lead normal lives like the rest of America, but because they bond outside the law their relationships don't matter.  Federal law protects against discrimination because of race, religion, ethnicity, age, sex, and disabilities.  You'll notice something is missing.  Gay partnerships do not matter to the IRS, to federal law, or to employers.  It is fully legal to discriminate as an employer and landlord (though that is starting to change) specifically on the basis of sexual orientation.    Over 1000 benefits and privileges enjoyed by heterosexual couples are denied to gays.  Some criticize the mayors for not having examples of discrimination to justly block the expansion of Chick-fil-a.  That's missing the point- discrimination against homosexuals is all too often not legally considered discrimination to begin with.

This is not simply an omission.  It is the expressed political platform of both the national Democratic and Republican parties to prevent fully equal status of gay partnerships.  I would like to believe that this cause is championed in the name of pure theocracy, in which case it would be intellectually honest.  It is more accurate to say that many equate homosexuality to  mating with wild animals, to molesting and abusing innocent children, to rape, and to fetishism.  We have seen this occur in this thread, as if the consensual loving relationship between two males or females in the manner of a male and a female is equivalent to a heinous crime.  

To say that gays are a minority, so they should keep quiet, or they are an abomination against God, so should be rightly punished, is missing the point.  Gays pay taxes.  They serve on jury duty.  They make your hair look fabulous or work in the office alongside you.  They might even be your neighbors.  They're normal Americans who generally want the same recognition that heterosexual couples get.  They might still ask you to accept them, and you may still be disgusted by their pride parades.  Fine.  They at least want the law to accept them as full citizens, and that is what this is all about.

Now the media frenzy to create a summer story, or the politicians' scramble to score points is another matter.  But this is really about gays.  And honestly, the group of people who have the full financial attention and social respect are the Christians.  Playing martyr like the world's going to end, like Satan the lord of darkness himself is stirring your coffee at Starbucks and also looking for a tax break to further his dark ends on minimum wage doesn't change the fact that the gays still have the short end of the stick legally speaking, and are actually people who want to be treated equally when it comes to the law.

I think a lot of gay bring this on themselves.......they go in your face about thier abomidable behaviour and then complain when your resist their demostrations of purient acts.   What do you guys or girls want?   Do you want us heterosexuals to demonstrate and clog up city streets to force our point of view?Huh?    We could care less about your sexual preference just keep it to your selves.........  Demonstrate some class for once.
Class?  Like the class you show when you "forget" and disparage the LGBT acronym?  When you routinely call them abominations?  Maybe they are, but do you honestly expect them to listen to you when you talk like that?

Did you know Fanta Soda was a product of Nazi Germany? When Coke syrup couldn't be had during the War they tried to keep the soda bottling operations up and going so they invented a new brand Fanta ( short for Fantasy).

http://www.snopes.com/cokelore/fanta.asp

Your idea has been debunked 1000 times already.. Maybe 1001 will be the charm
Tags:
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: