OrthodoxChristianity.net
October 25, 2014, 12:18:07 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Forming Oriental Orthodox, Eastern Orthodox and Catholic(ALL) Local dialogue  (Read 207 times) Average Rating: 0
Catholicinlove2013

Faith: Roman Catholic seeking to become Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Archdiocese of Baltimore

Catholic insomuch I am Orthodox..Both Christian

« on: July 28, 2012, 06:16:17 PM »

Salve Brothers & Sisters,

I am new to this forum, but I have been reading posts for about 6 months. I have seen some posts that run the gambit from extremely "nationalist" in natural to the more inclusive. I want to post this Question:

How would forming an Orthodox, Oriental Orthodox and Catholic discussion group on a local level (ie. Lay members of different churches meeting to discuss differences and common ground theology) foster understanding and respect between our lay members and in turn our churches? How would one start such a discussion group? I know of the Pontifical councils that OUR churches participate in..But i'm talking about on a local level.. I will welcome ALL criticism AND praise.

Yours in Christ,

"one body and one Spirit, as you were also called to the one hope of your call..one Lord, one faith, one baptism..one God and Father of all, who is over all and through all and in all" -Ephesians 4:4-6
Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

Goodbye for now, my friend

« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2012, 08:35:37 PM »

If I wanted to do something like that, I'd set up a meeting place/time, go to the local Churches and ask if you can put a date/time in the bulleting, and see if it works out...  if you publish it, they will come...

Paradosis ≠ Asteriktos ≠ Justin
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: