Author Topic: Damaged shirt problem  (Read 252 times)

Offline Anastasia1

• My warrior name is Beyoncé Pad Thai
  • OC.net guru
  • Faith: Oriental Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: Armenian
Damaged shirt problem
« on: August 21, 2012, 02:01:22 AM »
I have this shirt with black lace sleeves. I washed it in the machine and now there are threads hanging out all over. I was trimming them and I just cut some 1/2 to 1 inch area near by not at a seam along the lace arm. How recoverable does this sound? If it is not very recoverable, can you please pray that I can replace it? (This is my fav shirt, and I never got to wear it.)
« Last Edit: August 21, 2012, 02:02:50 AM by Anastasia1 »
Behold, now is the accepted time; behold, now is the day of salvation. (2 Cor 2:6)

Offline Orest

• OC.net guru
Re: Damaged shirt problem
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2012, 11:19:47 AM »
I have this shirt with black lace sleeves. I washed it in the machine and now there are threads hanging out all over. I was trimming them and I just cut some 1/2 to 1 inch area near by not at a seam along the lace arm. How recoverable does this sound? If it is not very recoverable, can you please pray that I can replace it? (This is my fav shirt, and I never got to wear it.)
My sister asked how good you are at handsewing?  You could use a "blind stitch" and repair the hole by hand.  And in future just wash it by hand, not in the machine which is very rough on fabrics like lace.

Offline LizaSymonenko

• Слава Ісусу Христу!!! Glory to Jesus Christ!!!
  • Global Moderator
  • Toumarches
    • St.Mary the Protectress Ukrainian Orthodox Cathedral
  • Faith: Eastern Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: Ukrainian Orthodox Church of the U.S.A.
Re: Damaged shirt problem
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2012, 12:23:32 PM »

I agree.  I would never throw lace in the washing machine.

Conquer evil men by your gentle kindness, and make zealous men wonder at your goodness. Put the lover of legality to shame by your compassion. With the afflicted be afflicted in mind. Love all men, but keep distant from all men.
—St. Isaac of Syria