OrthodoxChristianity.net
August 20, 2014, 02:35:44 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: For a friend who took her own life.  (Read 733 times) Average Rating: 0
Tikhon.of.Colorado
Site Supporter
Archon

Faith: Ruthenian Greek Catholic
Jurisdiction: Eparchy of Pheonix

« on: July 27, 2012, 12:20:00 AM »

Hello, all.

I ask your prayers for my friend, Lynsey.

She was 18, just about to go into senior year with me and the rest of my class.  She was very loved.  She had a job, and was taking advanced classes and early college courses.  She seemed to have the world at her feet, and everyone knew she would be successful.  She was kind to everyone.

She took her own life in a terrible way yesterday morning.  The whole school is deeply shocked that someone would do this,e specially someone as loved by the community as her.

Please pray for her, her family, and those who will really mourn her death.

Thank you.

-Trevor

"It is true that I am not always faithful, but I never lose courage, I leave myself in the Arms of Our Lord." - St. Thérèse of Lisieux
orthonorm
Warned
Hoplitarches

Faith: Sola Gratia
Jurisdiction: Outside

« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2012, 12:26:19 AM »

Oh God Trevor!

I am so sorry! Lord have mercy!

And some folks were just celebrating your birthday in thread you might not see.

http://www.orthodoxchristianity.net/forum/index.php/topic,46055.msg782975.html#msg782975

Ignorance is not a lack, but a passion.
Shiny
Site Supporter
Moderated
Toumarches

Faith: Groucho Marxist
Jurisdiction: Dahntahn Stoop Haus

Paint It Red

« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2012, 12:31:52 AM »

Sorry to hear that man, I'm in CO if you need me.

Lord have mercy!

“There is your brother, naked, crying, and you stand there confused over the choice of an attractive floor covering.”

– St. Ambrose of Milan
Tikhon.of.Colorado
Site Supporter
Archon

« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2012, 12:33:56 AM »

Lord have mercy!
Thank you very much, Achronos.  I shall keep that in mind.

It just pisses me off that she didn't say anything.  I mean, someone could have helped her through whatever she was going through.  She had such a promising future.  I'm almost mad at her, because she seemed to be luckier than many.

I just wish I knew what drove her to it.  That poor girl.  Our class really won't be complete. 

"It is true that I am not always faithful, but I never lose courage, I leave myself in the Arms of Our Lord." - St. Thérèse of Lisieux
Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2012, 12:37:45 AM »

Cry Praying...
vamrat
Vamratoraptor
Taxiarches

Faith: Serbian Orthodox
Jurisdiction: New Gracanica

« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2012, 12:38:11 AM »

Lord be merciful to her.
orthonorm
Warned
Hoplitarches

Faith: Sola Gratia
Jurisdiction: Outside

« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2012, 12:43:33 AM »

Lord have mercy!
Thank you very much, Achronos.  I shall keep that in mind.

It just pisses me off that she didn't say anything.  I mean, someone could have helped her through whatever she was going through.  She had such a promising future.  I'm almost mad at her, because she seemed to be luckier than many.

I just wish I knew what drove her to it.  That poor girl.  Our class really won't be complete.  

I know this is the prayer forum and sometimes personal stuff blurs the line. But coming from someone who has dealt with this more than I would like to recount, being angry is OK. And maybe no one could have helped her. And that is sad.

Who knows?

But whatever you feel, is OK. I hope you have plenty of folks around from friends, to family, to pastoral care, to therapeutic care if you need it.

And as little as it might matter, I know for a fact that oc.net has a very special place in its heart for you. In fact, a not small part of that heart has gone missing in your absence.

You never fail to soften the heart of this cryptic cynic with your straight forward honesty and kindness amid whatever pain and joys you go through. And that is something for which I am always grateful. As are the folks who have to put up with me in real life.

Take care Trevor.

« Last Edit: July 27, 2012, 12:49:20 AM by orthonorm » Logged

Ignorance is not a lack, but a passion.
Shiny
Site Supporter
Moderated
Toumarches

Paint It Red

« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2012, 12:46:20 AM »

Lord have mercy!

It just pisses me off that she didn't say anything.  I mean, someone could have helped her through whatever she was going through.  She had such a promising future.  I'm almost mad at her, because she seemed to be luckier than many.

I just wish I knew what drove her to it.  That poor girl.  Our class really won't be complete. 

I know this is the prayer forum and sometimes personal stuff blurs the line. But coming from someone who has dealt with this more than I would like to recount, being angry is OK. And maybe no one could have helped her. And that is sad.

Who knows?

But whatever you feel, is OK. I hope you have plenty of folks around from friends, to family, to pastoral care, to therapeutic care if you need it.

And as little as it might matter, I know for a fact that oc.net has a very special place in its heart for you. In fact, a not small part of that heart has gone missing in your absence.

You never fail to soften the heart of this cryptic cynic with your straight forward honesty and kindness amid whatever pain and joys you go through. And that is something for I am always grateful. As are the folks who have to put up with me in real life.

Take care Trevor.

I wish I had as much as, for lack of better word, "innocence". He is among the better of us, for sure.

“There is your brother, naked, crying, and you stand there confused over the choice of an attractive floor covering.”

– St. Ambrose of Milan
Tikhon.of.Colorado
Site Supporter
Archon

« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2012, 12:47:29 AM »

Lord have mercy!

Who knows?

You never fail to soften the heart of this cryptic cynic with your straight forward honesty and kindness amid whatever pain and joys you go through. And that is something for I am always grateful. As are the folks who have to put up with me in real life.

Take care Trevor.

I am fine, perfectly fine.  I'm just extremely upset that this would happen in my community. 

It's been so hard.

I live in Colorado.  First our state nearly burns down, then the man walked into the movie theater and killed people, injuring many, and now this.

Something good needs to happen soon in my community or everyone will go nutts.

Please also keep in your prayers this girl's boyfriend.  They had broken up maybe one week before her suicide.  He still refers to her as his "best friend".  I know that if I was him, I would feel terrible.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2012, 01:14:49 AM by trevor72694 » Logged

Tikhon.of.Colorado
Site Supporter
Archon

« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2012, 12:50:48 AM »

Lord have mercy!

Who knows?

Take care Trevor.

I wish I had as much as, for lack of better word, "innocence". He is among the better of us, for sure.

Thank you very much, I am flattered.

Not to diverge from what this topic is truly about too much.

I admit, it's not "innocence" that I used to put off.  I think that I was merely suffering from "convertitis" (the crazy, overly-zealous convert disease).

Since I stopped posting here I did a bit of growing up.  My beliefs have changed and I've realized things about myself that I had no clue about before.

I hope that I can still contribute to this wonderful community like I used to.

Shiny
Site Supporter
Moderated
Toumarches

Paint It Red

« Reply #10 on: July 27, 2012, 12:54:49 AM »

Since this is the prayer forum, I'll refrain from asking more questions about you. Maybe elsewhere.

– St. Ambrose of Milan
Tikhon.of.Colorado
Site Supporter
Archon

« Reply #11 on: July 27, 2012, 12:56:46 AM »

Since this is the prayer forum, I'll refrain from asking more questions about you. Maybe elsewhere.

Feel free to PM me if you'd like.   Smiley

Hiwot
Christ is Risen!
OC.net guru

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Ethiopian Orthodox Tewahedo Church

Job 19:25-27

« Reply #12 on: July 27, 2012, 01:08:12 AM »

Oh Trevor! I just saw this after you know..., I am so sorry dear, how very sad! May the Lord grant her eternal rest in His Peace. Amen Lord have mercy!

what orthonorm said is very true, about the normality of the emotional termoil you might be experiancing right now, the need to get the necessary care if you need it, and how much you are appreciated here.

God be with you!

To God be the Glory in all things! Amen!

Only pray for me, that God would give me both inward and outward strength, that I may not only speak, but truly will; and that I may not merely be called a Christian, but really be found to be one. St.Ignatius of Antioch.Epistle to the Romans.
Alpo
Taxiarches

Faith: Orthodox. With some feta, please.

« Reply #13 on: July 27, 2012, 03:45:03 AM »

Lord have mercy for all involved.
kevlev
Site Supporter

Faith: Orthodox Catholic Christian (Catechumen)
Jurisdiction: American Carpatho-Russian Orthodox Diocese

Lord have mercy

« Reply #14 on: July 27, 2012, 04:48:44 AM »

Lord have mercy.

From my youth have many passions warred against me, but do Thou Thyself defend and save me, O Saviour.
elephant
High Elder

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: GOAA

« Reply #15 on: July 27, 2012, 07:49:05 AM »

Lord have mercy, Lord have mercy, Lord have mercy
Most Holy Theotokos save us
Saint Nektarios pray for us

recent convert
Orthodox Chrisitan
OC.net guru

Faith: Christian
Jurisdiction: Antiochian (N.A.)

« Reply #16 on: July 27, 2012, 08:01:53 AM »

Lord, have mercy!

Antiochian OC N.A.
Menbere Mariam
Look 15

Jurisdiction: Ethiopian Orthodox

« Reply #17 on: July 27, 2012, 10:28:16 AM »

Lord have mercy on her soul and grant comfort to her family in this difficult time.
HouseOfGod
Passionate Orthodox teenager

Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America

« Reply #18 on: July 27, 2012, 01:24:03 PM »

Lord, have mercy.

Renewal during the first month of the new ecclesiastical calendar! Smiley
ZealousZeal
Gainsaying Helpmeet
Archon

Faith: ✔

Never cease to intercede for us, your children.

« Reply #19 on: July 27, 2012, 01:33:00 PM »

Oh Trevor, I am so sorry. Sad

Prayers for your friend, and prayers for you as well.

"For this God is our God forever and ever; He will be our guide, even to the end." Psalm 48:14
Ortho_cat
Protokentarchos

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: AOCA-DWMA

« Reply #20 on: July 27, 2012, 02:15:49 PM »

Lord have mercy.
marigold
OC.net guru

Faith: Greek Orthodox

« Reply #21 on: July 27, 2012, 07:32:20 PM »

Lord, have mercy!
IXOYE
Site Supporter
High Elder

« Reply #22 on: July 27, 2012, 10:58:52 PM »

Lord, have mercy!
GTAsoldier
Elder

Faith: Christian
Jurisdiction: God knows what lives in me in place of me....

GTAsoldier
« Reply #23 on: July 27, 2012, 11:56:23 PM »

Lord have mercy

God be merciful to us sinners.

Quote from: IoanC
the best way of conveying God's love to people is through your own presence and deeds.
No longer posting on this forum. Thanks to all the helpful people who inspired me. God bless.
Maximum Bob
Archon

Faith: Catechumen
Jurisdiction: Antiochian

Personal Text? We can have personal text?

« Reply #24 on: July 28, 2012, 12:13:16 AM »

Lord have mercy on Lynsey, on her family, her friends, her boyfriend, and Trevor.

Prov. 3: 5-6 Trust in the Lord with all your heart, lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct your paths.
Psalm 37:23 The Lord guides a man safely in the way he should go.
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: