OrthodoxChristianity.net
July 30, 2014, 09:24:41 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Please pray for me for depression  (Read 536 times) Average Rating: 0
katherine 2001
High Elder

Eastern Orthodox Church--Established in 33 A.D.

« on: July 25, 2012, 06:32:45 PM »

Please keep me in your prayers.  I have had depression for years, but I am in the worst depression that I've been in for 7 or 8 years.  It is early for me too, my worst depressions are usually during the period of late autumn through winter (and they are nowhere near as bad as what I am experiencing now).  I am so sad, scared, and tired (Other than a couple of 5-7 hr sleep nights, I have mainly been sleeping only 3 or 4 hours a night for the last month).  I have a doctor's appointment on August 6th.  I plan on emailing my priest tonight or tomorrow (he is getting back tonight from the youth camping trip) asking if we can set up a time to talk because I am afraid that if I don't do this, I will chicken out and not do it. 

SolEX01
Toumarches

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America, Holy Metropolis of New Jersey

« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2012, 06:40:19 PM »

Lord have mercy.
GTAsoldier
Elder

Faith: Christian
Jurisdiction: God knows what lives in me in place of me....

GTAsoldier
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2012, 08:33:10 PM »

Kyrie Eleison

God be merciful to us sinners.

Quote from: IoanC
the best way of conveying God's love to people is through your own presence and deeds.
No longer posting on this forum. Thanks to all the helpful people who inspired me. God bless.
Hiwot
Christ is Risen!
OC.net guru

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Ethiopian Orthodox Tewahedo Church

Job 19:25-27

« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2012, 09:18:08 PM »

Lord have mercy!

it sounds like you are taking all the necessary steps katherine, that is great, perhaps you can also ask for the Holy Unction to be done for you after you talk to your priest. may the Lord lift what burdens you, and grant you his Peace. May the Prayers of the Most Holy Theotokos and all the Saints be with you, Amen.

To God be the Glory in all things! Amen!

Only pray for me, that God would give me both inward and outward strength, that I may not only speak, but truly will; and that I may not merely be called a Christian, but really be found to be one. St.Ignatius of Antioch.Epistle to the Romans.
ZealousZeal
Gainsaying Helpmeet
Archon

Faith: ✔

Never cease to intercede for us, your children.

« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2012, 09:33:40 PM »

Praying for you. Lord, have mercy.

"For this God is our God forever and ever; He will be our guide, even to the end." Psalm 48:14
Babalon
Resident Occultist

Faith: Gnosis
Jurisdiction: A.'.A.'.

I am everywhere the centre.

« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2012, 09:58:41 PM »

God bless.

IF you don't mind me asking, where do you live? Country/State or whatever it might be. I'm curious about the connection between weather and mood, among other things..

....To be totally honest, i'm a psychology student. If you're willing to give out some basic information, and you want to message me, i would greatly appreciate it. I sincerely apologize if this came off as insensitive or selfish, i don't mean it to be and even if you'd just like someone to talk to about your episode's, for what it's worth, i am available.

Love is the law, love under will.

kevlev
Site Supporter

Faith: Orthodox Catholic Christian (Catechumen)
Jurisdiction: American Carpatho-Russian Orthodox Diocese

Lord have mercy

« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2012, 11:05:00 PM »

May our tender Lord's love and mercy, through the prayers of all His saints, comfort, guide, and be upon you. Amen.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2012, 11:05:40 PM by kevlev » Logged

From my youth have many passions warred against me, but do Thou Thyself defend and save me, O Saviour.
Maximum Bob
Archon

Faith: Catechumen
Jurisdiction: Antiochian

Personal Text? We can have personal text?

« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2012, 01:02:30 AM »

Lord have mercy on Katherine.

Prov. 3: 5-6 Trust in the Lord with all your heart, lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct your paths.
Psalm 37:23 The Lord guides a man safely in the way he should go.
Maria
Orthodox Christian
Warned
Merarches

O most Holy Theotokos, save us.

« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2012, 02:21:21 AM »

Lord Jesus Christ have mercy.

I hope the situation of the OCA has not precipitated this depression.
I know that I am a bit shaken by what has happened, and not surprisingly, have come down with a kidney infection. I am better now because I was proactive in getting help.

Know that I am praying for you and for all members of the OCA during this time.

Sing hymns, especially the Canon of the Theotokos. She who is higher than the Cherubim and more glorious beyond compare than the Seraphim will come to your aid if you but ask.

Seek the Lord in prayer and in repentance, and you will find peace.

Glory to Jesus Christ!
Glory to Him forever!
vamrat
Vamratoraptor
Taxiarches

Faith: Serbian Orthodox
Jurisdiction: New Gracanica

« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2012, 09:05:27 AM »

May the Lord have mercy on you.  (Also, your doc may be able to proscribe some merciful pills.)
Zenovia
High Elder

Faith: Greek Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Archdiocese

« Reply #10 on: July 26, 2012, 02:29:19 PM »

Please keep me in your prayers.  I have had depression for years, but I am in the worst depression that I've been in for 7 or 8 years.  It is early for me too, my worst depressions are usually during the period of late autumn through winter (and they are nowhere near as bad as what I am experiencing now).  I am so sad, scared, and tired (Other than a couple of 5-7 hr sleep nights, I have mainly been sleeping only 3 or 4 hours a night for the last month).  I have a doctor's appointment on August 6th.  I plan on emailing my priest tonight or tomorrow (he is getting back tonight from the youth camping trip) asking if we can set up a time to talk because I am afraid that if I don't do this, I will chicken out and not do it. 

Dear Katherine,

Please take care of yourself, and I will pray for you.    I would suggest getting some over the counter sleeping pills, preferably melatonin since it works in conjunction with serotonin, something your body needs to keep your spirit up.  Also make sure you do not eat or drink anything with caffeine after two o'clock. 

Since your problems are during the months with the least light, you seem to be suffering from light depredation.  I'm not sure because I don't know where you live, but a more southern climate would probably be the best thing for you.  Otherwise there are special lights that can be bought to help you.

If you are on to anything pertaining to the occult, then clean yourself of it immediately.  Watch what you go onto in the internet, make sure you go to confession and have the priest say special prayers over you.

Also watch your diet.  Start a Mediterranean diet if possible, it's an acquired taste.  Stop fast foods, carbs if possible, and start eating healthfully with lots of vegetables, olive oil, and especially fish.  Take fish oil if possible because it has been known as a mind food  since time began.  Fish  strengthens the nervous system, and I can't help but feel that all the problems today with Add and ADHD is because children are not taking cod liver oil, or eating fish the way they did at one time.

If you have chronic fatigue system, then take doses of Vita. C around the clock, and again lots of vegetable.  I have a powdered drink called:  "Fatigue to Fantastic".  You can find it and order it on the internet.  It will revitalize you immediately.

Stay well and keep well. 

In Christ,

Zenovia 

elephant
High Elder

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: GOAA

« Reply #11 on: July 26, 2012, 03:04:39 PM »

Lord have mercy, Lord have mercy, Lord have mercy
Most Holy Theotokos save us
Saint Tikhon pray for us
Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

« Reply #12 on: July 26, 2012, 03:26:08 PM »

Lord have mercy!

There are many foolish priests out there.
Shiny
Site Supporter
Muted
Toumarches

Faith: Groucho Marxist
Jurisdiction: Dahntahn Stoop Haus

Paint It Red

« Reply #13 on: July 26, 2012, 03:55:26 PM »

Lord have mercy!! Praying!

“There is your brother, naked, crying, and you stand there confused over the choice of an attractive floor covering.”

– St. Ambrose of Milan
marigold
High Elder

« Reply #14 on: July 26, 2012, 06:37:52 PM »

Lord, have mercy on katherine 2001.
Zenovia
High Elder

Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Archdiocese

« Reply #15 on: July 26, 2012, 07:59:32 PM »

Please keep me in your prayers.  I have had depression for years, but I am in the worst depression that I've been in for 7 or 8 years.  It is early for me too, my worst depressions are usually during the period of late autumn through winter (and they are nowhere near as bad as what I am experiencing now).  I am so sad, scared, and tired (Other than a couple of 5-7 hr sleep nights, I have mainly been sleeping only 3 or 4 hours a night for the last month).  I have a doctor's appointment on August 6th.  I plan on emailing my priest tonight or tomorrow (he is getting back tonight from the youth camping trip) asking if we can set up a time to talk because I am afraid that if I don't do this, I will chicken out and not do it.  

Dear Katherine,

Please take care of yourself, and I will pray for you.    I would suggest getting some over the counter sleeping pills, preferably melatonin since it works in conjunction with serotonin, something your body needs to keep your spirit up.  Also make sure you do not eat or drink anything with caffeine after two o'clock.  

Since your problems are during the months with the least light, you seem to be suffering from light depredation.  I'm not sure because I don't know where you live, but a more southern climate would probably be the best thing for you.  Otherwise there are special lights that can be bought to help you.

If you are on to anything pertaining to the occult, then clean yourself of it immediately.  Watch what you go onto in the internet, make sure you go to confession and have the priest say special prayers over you.

Also watch your diet.  Start a Mediterranean diet if possible, it's an acquired taste.  Stop fast foods, carbs if possible, and start eating healthfully with lots of vegetables, olive oil, and especially fish.  Take fish oil if possible because it has been known as a mind food  since time began.  Fish  strengthens the nervous system, and I can't help but feel that all the problems today with Add and ADHD is because children are not taking cod liver oil, or eating fish the way they did at one time.

If you have chronic fatigue system, then take doses of Vita. C around the clock, and again lots of vegetable.  I have a powdered drink called:  "Fatigue to Fantastic".  You can find it and order it on the internet.  It will revitalize you immediately.

Stay well and keep well.  

In Christ,

Zenovia  

I would like to make some corrections.   I wrote 'light depredation' instead of 'light deprivation'.  It is a condition that is quite common.  Mention it to your doctor because they love to push 'drugs'...it's how they make their money nowadays.    Not that I'm completely against drugs, because after going through every over the counter sleeping drug on the market, I found taking tranquillizers was certainly better than lying in bed trying to get a few hours sleep.  

I would also like to correct Chronic Fatigue System.  What I really meant to write is:  Chronic Fatigue Symptom.  Boy I'm getting dumber and dumber.  Excuse me for it, I'm quite old.     Wink    
« Last Edit: July 26, 2012, 08:06:31 PM by Zenovia » Logged
Menbere Mariam
Look 15

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Ethiopian Orthodox

« Reply #16 on: July 26, 2012, 08:52:48 PM »

May He grant you all the peace that you need. My thoughts and prayers are with you.
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: