OrthodoxChristianity.net
October 22, 2014, 11:28:03 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Erkohet.com Shut Down?  (Read 827 times) Average Rating: 0
Severian
God save Egypt, Syria, Lebanon & Iraq
Protokentarchos

Faith: Coptic/Egyptian Orthodoxy

Saint Severus of Antioch - the Eloquent Mouth

Partisangirl
« on: July 19, 2012, 06:41:52 AM »

Has Erkohet.com really shut down? I tried accessing it this morning and whenever I try it just says "domain not found". The description before it also says "Joomla! Logo. Erkohet. Erkohet.com is no longer active."

It would be a shame if that is truly the case, EA really did a very good job maintaining that website. It had a lot edifying and beneficial material.

"These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world." -Jesus Christ (Cf. St. John 16:33)
Salpy
Toumarches

Faith: Oriental Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Armenian Church

Pray for the Christians of Iraq and Syria.

« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2012, 01:43:00 PM »

Last February, he sent an e-mail to everyone on his list saying he was shutting it down.  I think it was because it was becoming too difficult to maintain.  It's too bad.  The website had a lot of very useful content.

EkhristosAnesti
'I will say of the Lord, "He is my refuge and my fortress; My God, in Him I will trust."' - Psalm 91:2
Archon

Faith: Oriental Orthodox

Pope St Kyrillos VI

« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2012, 07:17:56 PM »

Various technical and circumstantial difficulties affecting use and maintenance convinced me that it was best to forego the idea of a website for the time being. The Erkohet vision and philosophy remain very close to my heart and soul, and the more I pray about Erkohet day after day, the more confident I grow in certain initiatives for translating and communicating that vision and philosophy in a more convenient and effective manner. Every good thing must experience a process of renewal and rebirth. Glory to God for all things.

No longer an active member of this forum. Sincerest apologies to anyone who has taken offence to anything posted in youthful ignorance or negligence prior to my leaving this forum - October, 2012.

"Philosophy is the imitation by a man of what is better, according to what is possible" - St Severus
Salpy
Toumarches

« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2012, 07:20:03 PM »

Have you saved the content somewhere?  In other words, if it ever becomes more feasible to start it up again, would you be able to put the content back?

EkhristosAnesti
'I will say of the Lord, "He is my refuge and my fortress; My God, in Him I will trust."' - Psalm 91:2
Archon

Faith: Oriental Orthodox

Pope St Kyrillos VI

« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2012, 07:29:10 PM »

All the content has most certainly been saved. It will all definitely be made available again some way at some time--that is the most I can say for now.

No longer an active member of this forum. Sincerest apologies to anyone who has taken offence to anything posted in youthful ignorance or negligence prior to my leaving this forum - October, 2012.

"Philosophy is the imitation by a man of what is better, according to what is possible" - St Severus
Hiwot
Christ is Risen!
OC.net guru

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Ethiopian Orthodox Tewahedo Church

Job 19:25-27

« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2012, 07:36:59 PM »

All the content has most certainly been saved. It will all definitely be made available again some way at some time--that is the most I can say for now.

That's great to hear, thank God. May the Lord bless your work EA, and make your plans fruitful.

To God be the Glory in all things! Amen!

Only pray for me, that God would give me both inward and outward strength, that I may not only speak, but truly will; and that I may not merely be called a Christian, but really be found to be one. St.Ignatius of Antioch.Epistle to the Romans.
Salpy
Toumarches

« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2012, 07:37:19 PM »

Cool.   Smiley

Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: