OrthodoxChristianity.net
October 23, 2014, 04:57:47 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Why SSPX to Orthodox?  (Read 353 times) Average Rating: 0
Aindriú
Faster! Funnier!
Protokentarchos

Faith: Cynical
Jurisdiction: Vestibule of Hell

« on: July 17, 2012, 08:44:22 AM »

There are a couple posters that are SSPX or former who are/have converted to Orthodox. I'm very curious as to why. I figure your reasons must be different from the typical NO Catholic.

I'm going to need this.
Alpo
Taxiarches

Faith: Jerkodox

« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2012, 08:50:13 AM »

I'm not a convert from SSPX but I've sometimes pondered whether SSPX is actually nearer to Orthodoxy than mainstream Catholicism. They seem to have reverent attitude towards Tradition and healthy critical attitude towards papacy.

Gorazd
OC.net guru

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: The Ecumenical Patriarchate of Istanbul and Chambésy

« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2012, 09:44:32 AM »

I'm not a convert from SSPX but I've sometimes pondered whether SSPX is actually nearer to Orthodoxy than mainstream Catholicism. They seem to have reverent attitude towards Tradition and healthy critical attitude towards papacy.

In that aspect, yes. But nonetheless their tradition is the one from between Vatican I and Vatican II, not the one of the apostles and the early Church. They also are extremely scholatic in their whole theology.
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: